Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

What Aresco Should do
Bookmark and Share
dl88 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:
What Aresco Should do
If I were him I would fly down to Memphis and meet with Fred Smith. I would talk about Fed Ex having the naming rights to the new league and talk to Fred about having Fed Ex Conference and having Fed Ex brand on every team uniform and court and name the Fed Ex fb championship game and bb tournmanet like wise. Marketing for both the conference and Fred. This is the time to do it. Plus that would sweeten the incentive for TV and teams.
This is just a thought but I think Memphis is the lynch pin for this conference more than Boise if some thought is put into this. Just a thought. Other than that happy holidays from up here in Philly blessed and healthy new year to everyone.
(This post was last modified: 12-26-2012 02:41 PM by dl88.)
12-26-2012 02:40 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

tiger-viper Offline
All American

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
RE: What Aresco Should do
i definitely agree with naming rights needing to be on the table when it comes to a new conference name. i suppose fedex would be as good as any.
12-26-2012 02:44 PM
Sundanceuiuc Away
Hall of Famer

I Root For: .
I love that Fed Ex has made a major financial outlay to help Tigers' athletics and I am eternally grateful. I do wonder if we all expect a little much from Fred Smith and the other large donors attached to the company.

This is not to say interested parties such as Aresco should not keep the dialogue open to all major donors to the conference and individual teams, but there are lots of rich people in the world. T. Boone Pickens could buy the SEC outright, but Oklahoma St is still a secondary player in the conference realignment shuffle.

Not in any way a knock on the OP (I am against a 'branded' conference name, but I respect the idea to bring in as much revenue as possible), I just hope we all understand that the big donors' funds are released at their discretion and the answer to all the issues Memphis faces in conference placement is not Fred Smith's wallet (though I am personally grateful for what huge help it has provided the program in the past and in the future).
12-26-2012 02:55 PM
IRISHMO120 Offline
All American

I Root For: Memphis
No doubt there may been some talks but I would think it would be limited to FB Championship game and BB Tourney
naming rights. And thank the Lord for the commitment Fred Smith, Alan Graf and all the folks at Fedex to the program.
12-26-2012 03:19 PM
Advertisement

ksigtigerdood Offline
Heisman

(12-26-2012 02:55 PM)Sundanceuiuc Wrote:  I love that Fed Ex has made a major financial outlay to help Tigers' athletics and I am eternally grateful. I do wonder if we all expect a little much from Fred Smith and the other large donors attached to the company.

This is not to say interested parties such as Aresco should not keep the dialogue open to all major donors to the conference and individual teams, but there are lots of rich people in the world. T. Boone Pickens could buy the SEC outright, but Oklahoma St is still a secondary player in the conference realignment shuffle.

Not in any way a knock on the OP (I am against a 'branded' conference name, but I respect the idea to bring in as much revenue as possible), I just hope we all understand that the big donors' funds are released at their discretion and the answer to all the issues Memphis faces in conference placement is not Fred Smith's wallet (though I am personally grateful for what huge help it has provided the program in the past and in the future).

Yup. Our athletic dept would be in absolute shambles if it weren't for FedEx.

Naming rights for the conference would be fine. However, I think FedEx would be able to support the Big East more in helping to secure bowl tie-ins and with TV negotiations.
12-26-2012 03:22 PM
oldmangrizz Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: free love
Any Tiger fan that uses any company other than FedEx for shipping should be ashamed of themselves.
12-26-2012 03:33 PM
Sundanceuiuc Away
Hall of Famer

I Root For: .
(12-26-2012 03:33 PM)oldmangrizz Wrote:  Any Tiger fan that uses any company other than FedEx for shipping should be ashamed of themselves.

It's Fed Ex or USPS here. No UPS. Ever.
12-26-2012 03:36 PM
Advertisement

BinghamptonNed Offline
Hall of Famer

(12-26-2012 03:33 PM)oldmangrizz Wrote:  Any Tiger fan that uses any company other than FedEx for shipping should be ashamed of themselves.

add any Memphian to that statement imo...04-cheers
12-26-2012 04:29 PM
Willie Becton Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Fair Play.
(12-26-2012 03:36 PM)Sundanceuiuc Wrote:  

It's Fed Ex or USPS here. No UPS. Ever.

what'd brown do to you?
wait...
12-26-2012 04:35 PM
EarthBoundMisfit Offline
Tongue tied and twisted

I Root For: CardiacAblation
(12-26-2012 02:40 PM)dl88 Wrote:  If I were him I would fly down to Memphis and meet with Fred Smith. I would talk about Fed Ex having the naming rights to the new league and talk to Fred about having Fed Ex Conference and having Fed Ex brand on every team uniform and court and name the Fed Ex fb championship game and bb tournmanet like wise. Marketing for both the conference and Fred. This is the time to do it. Plus that would sweeten the incentive for TV and teams.
This is just a thought but I think Memphis is the lynch pin for this conference more than Boise if some thought is put into this. Just a thought. Other than that happy holidays from up here in Philly blessed and healthy new year to everyone.

My first impression was to ask if it was TC, but you didn't use run on sentences or ramble incoherently like you are off of your medication. 8-) Happy New Year.
(This post was last modified: 12-26-2012 06:05 PM by EarthBoundMisfit.)
12-26-2012 06:04 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

dl88 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:
(12-26-2012 06:04 PM)EarthBoundMisfit Wrote:  
(12-26-2012 02:40 PM)dl88 Wrote:  If I were him I would fly down to Memphis and meet with Fred Smith. I would talk about Fed Ex having the naming rights to the new league and talk to Fred about having Fed Ex Conference and having Fed Ex brand on every team uniform and court and name the Fed Ex fb championship game and bb tournmanet like wise. Marketing for both the conference and Fred. This is the time to do it. Plus that would sweeten the incentive for TV and teams.

My first impression was to ask if it was TC, but you didn't use run on sentences or ramble incoherently like you are off of your medication. 8-) Happy New Year.

Ha thanks. This was just a thought I'm certainly not an expert in realignment talks.
12-26-2012 06:19 PM
Strat57 Offline
Rock & Roll Shaman

CrappiesMemphis Hall of Fame
I feel sure that Fedex would be a part of anything going forward in a new scenario. They have been good to Memphis as well as helping other schools like Ole Miss. Their aid has been appreciated.
12-26-2012 07:20 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Tiger46 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Tigers
(12-26-2012 03:19 PM)IRISHMO120 Wrote:  No doubt there may been some talks but I would think it would be limited to FB Championship game and BB Tourney
naming rights. And thank the Lord for the commitment Fred Smith, Alan Graf and all the folks at Fedex to the program.

I have had some thoughts about the conference tying into to a corporate type of sponsor, but it should be in the way of "The FedEx Big East Game of the Week". I don't have a problem with FedEx and other sponsors having their logo on the field or superimposed on the field by tv.

One other thing, the network who wins the bid for broadcasting games needs to synchronize all of the schools' video boards for in progress game updates and highlights as well as highlights from around the country. That could certainly carry a very heavy corporate sponsorship.
12-27-2012 10:02 AM
Advertisement

IRISHMO120 Offline
All American

That would work, and
Fedex Big East Tournament
Fedex Big East Champioship
Autozone Game of the Week
Autozone Liberty Bowl
12-27-2012 01:55 PM
Tiger46 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Tigers
(12-27-2012 01:55 PM)IRISHMO120 Wrote:  That would work, and
Fedex Big East Tournament
Fedex Big East Champioship
Autozone Game of the Week
Autozone Liberty Bowl

Shouldn't the Big East baseball tournament be at AutoZone?
12-27-2012 08:00 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.