Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

old BE FBand C7
Bookmark and Share
gosports1 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: providence
old BE FBand C7
C7 fans which 2 or 3 schools from the old BE (including west virginia) do you expect that your team will continue to play on a regular basis? Not which ones you WANT to play but which teams do you think will be the most likely?
12-24-2012 07:21 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

nathanhm Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Georgetown
RE: old BE FBand C7
For Georgetown, I think we'll keep playing Cuse. Also games against Notre Dame wouldn't shock me. Perhaps Louisville, I know Pitino sent one of his kids to Georgetown. Can't see any reason we'd ever play Rutgers, WVU, or Pitt again.
12-24-2012 07:55 PM
TheRock Offline
Fresh off PUP list

I Root For: SHU
SHU vs. RU 01-lauramac2
12-24-2012 08:39 PM
mikeinsec127 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Rutgers
(12-24-2012 08:39 PM)TheRock Wrote:  SHU vs. RU 01-lauramac2

Yeah, it's kind of a no-brainer to continue this series OOC. Playing once a year for the star-ledger cup or whatever the trophy is called is enough. I can't see RU bothering to continue to play any of the other BE Catholics or the ACC bound schools after we part ways.
12-24-2012 08:45 PM
hoops22 Offline
Banned

I Root For: big east
My guess for St. Johns is they would like to continue to play Notre Dame and Syracuse for sure, and possibly some games with Louisville. I don't think they care about continuing to play Rutgers, Pitt, or West Virginia.
12-25-2012 01:53 PM
Advertisement

TheRock Offline
Fresh off PUP list

(12-24-2012 08:45 PM)mikeinsec127 Wrote:  
(12-24-2012 08:39 PM)TheRock Wrote:  SHU vs. RU 01-lauramac2

Yeah, it's kind of a no-brainer to continue this series OOC. Playing once a year for the star-ledger cup or whatever the trophy is called is enough. I can't see RU bothering to continue to play any of the other BE Catholics or the ACC bound schools after we part ways.

The Star Ledger cup lol...you guys gotta get past St. Pete's first 05-stirthepot
(This post was last modified: 12-25-2012 02:22 PM by TheRock.)
12-25-2012 02:22 PM
ivet Offline
1st String

I Root For: ThePaul, Hoya
Every year...

DePaul will continue to play the Bearcats and the Irish. Maybe the Cardinals.

Georgetown will continue to play Orange. Maybe the Irish.
12-25-2012 02:27 PM
TheRock Offline
Fresh off PUP list

(12-25-2012 02:27 PM)ivet Wrote:  Every year...

DePaul will continue to play the Bearcats and the Irish. Maybe the Cardinals.

Georgetown will continue to play Orange. Maybe the Irish.

Ugghh lol...Having your biggest rivals not even be in your conference used to be a novelty like the Big 5 Philly rivalries. They are becoming less so and in many cases it seems so forced to keep going especially given how ugly realignment has been for the fans.
(This post was last modified: 12-25-2012 02:39 PM by TheRock.)
12-25-2012 02:37 PM
NJRedMan Offline
Tasted It

I Root For: St. Johns
St. John's will continue to play Cuse, ND and Pitt. Pitt wants to use us for recruiting and we use them for the SOS boost. The thing that works in our favor is they want to recruit our area so we can get them to play us in MSG more often than we have to go to them. Cuse would probably agree to a ten year deal where every game is at MSG. I think ND would prob agree to the same.
12-25-2012 08:04 PM
Advertisement

gosports1 Offline
Heisman

I'm sure most word WANT to play nd and cuse. Obviously that can't happen. As for Providence I'm not 100% convinced they'll play any of the old Fb be every year. UConn probably most likely although I'm sure some UConn fans on here won't like to hear or admit that. Louisville might be semi regular due to pitino.
12-25-2012 09:18 PM
MUAvalanche Offline
2nd String

I Root For:
Marquette already plays Wisconsin and will continue to play ND if possible. There may be space for 2 other nonconference series each year. Unfortunately, MU's rivalry with UofL will likely not continue on an annual basis. I'm sure MU will be open to playing UC on occasion, but will not likely play any of the others unless a rare nonconference opportunity opens up.
12-26-2012 10:24 AM
mikeinsec127 Offline
1st String

(12-25-2012 09:18 PM)gosports1 Wrote:  I'm sure most word WANT to play nd and cuse. Obviously that can't happen. As for Providence I'm not 100% convinced they'll play any of the old Fb be every year. UConn probably most likely although I'm sure some UConn fans on here won't like to hear or admit that. Louisville might be semi regular due to pitino.

I'd imagine that PC would rather play BC than any other former BE school.
12-26-2012 01:01 PM
TheRock Offline
Fresh off PUP list

(12-26-2012 01:01 PM)mikeinsec127 Wrote:  
(12-25-2012 09:18 PM)gosports1 Wrote:  I'm sure most word WANT to play nd and cuse. Obviously that can't happen. As for Providence I'm not 100% convinced they'll play any of the old Fb be every year. UConn probably most likely although I'm sure some UConn fans on here won't like to hear or admit that. Louisville might be semi regular due to pitino.

From the Prov Journ:

"But what about Connecticut? UConn doesn’t play UMass or Boston College on a regular basis. With the Huskies in limbo and certainly in need of upgrading their schedule once the Catholic schools depart, it will be interesting to see if the UConn-PC rivalry lives on. "It’s a natural regional game with a lot of fan interest from both sides so, yes, I would be in favor of playing UConn every year like we do Boston College,” Cooley said."

http://digital.olivesoftware.com/Olive/O...w=ZW50aXR5

Since former Uconn assistant coach Hobbs joined Cooley at Prov the recruiting battles have been epic.
12-26-2012 02:44 PM
Advertisement

gosports1 Offline
Heisman

(12-26-2012 01:01 PM)mikeinsec127 Wrote:  

the already do. Have a 10 year deal i think, I was thinking more of the more recent BE FB teams
12-26-2012 06:53 PM
brista21 Offline
The Birthplace of College Football

Donators
I'd figure the schools would want:
Georgetown: Syracuse (annually), Notre Dame (regularly), UConn (regularly), Louisville (regularly), Pitt (occasionally)
Villanova: Syracuse (annually), Temple (annually as part of the Big 5), Notre Dame (regularly), Rutgers (regularly), Pitt (regularly), UConn (occasionally), Louisville (occasionally), WVU (occasionally)
Seton Hall: Rutgers (annually), Notre Dame (regularly), Syracuse (regularly), UConn (regularly), Louisville (occasionally), Pitt (occasionally)
Marquette: Notre Dame (annually), Louisville (regularly), Cincinnati (regularly), Syracuse (occasionally), UConn (occasionally)
DePaul: See Marquette
St. John's: Syracuse (annually), Notre Dame (annually), UConn (annually), Pitt (regularly), Louisville (occasionally), Rutgers (occasionally), Cincy (occasionally)
Providence: BC (annually), UConn (annually), Syracuse (regularly), Notre Dame (regularly), Louisville (regularly), Pitt (occasionally)

That's just my take on what they'd want as an outsider. I don't know that any of this will happen other than the seemingly likely continuations of Cuse-Georgetown, Cuse-Johnnies, Temple-Nova and Rutgers-SHU as annual games.
(This post was last modified: 12-27-2012 12:11 PM by brista21.)
12-27-2012 12:11 PM
CardFan1 Offline
Red Thunderbird

I Root For: Louisville ACC
I think UL would keep Marquette, ST. John's, Providence, DePaul, and Georgetown on a rotational basis as We all had a good relationship throughout the years. Fans love it and I think SOS will be increasing in NCAA springs pretty soon as more schools get stronger.
12-27-2012 01:57 PM
Title Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Butler
After Butler moved their winning streak vs Notre Dame to 6 or 7, they became awfully scarce. I wouldn't anticipate seeing the Irish on your schedule if your program a modicum of success in the series.
12-27-2012 02:53 PM
Advertisement

KevinSmith Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Sanity
I don't think Villanova will ever play Rutgers again for all sorts of reasons (1) it already plays SHU for NJ recruiting, (2) no need to ever, ever return to the RAC (if Rutgers wants Philly exposure Temple will be glad to schedule them anytime), (3) Villanova rarely if ever play B1G schools, not even PSU, (4) in c7 league OOC games will mean a lot and Rutgers RPI traditionally would not warrant the OOC slot (not good enough to help or bad enough to be a dunker win (e.g. like Monmouth)) and (5) just like with BC, who was a huge multi-decade rival of Villanova's, for quite awhile there will be a "blank" you factor as to Rutgers, WVU and Pitt (again if they want Philly exposure schedule Temple).

The biggest loss for Villanova is Syracuse and UConn and I think those games will still happen. Certainly, Villanova-ND will happen with some regularity.
12-27-2012 02:59 PM
snowycuse Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Syracuse
From a Syracuse standpoint:

Virtually no chance to ever again see a H/H with Providence, DePaul, or Marquette under current scheduling constraints.

Syracuse would probably like Georgetown, St. Johns, Villanova, Connecticut (other conference), and Seton Hall (in that order) annually but that is not going to happen.

The issue is that Syracuse likes to play a 19 game home slate and while I can see us dropping to 18 (counting an annual MSG game with St. Johns as a quasi 19th home game) we are not going any lower.

The ACC will eat up 19 games (including challenge with Big Ten). Annual pre-season tournament will take 4 games with two to three at the dome and one or two in NYC at MSG/Barclays most seasons.

That leaves Cuse with 8 non-conference games to work with. In 2013 the Maui Invitational only gives Cuse 1 home game as the other 3 are in Hawaii. We MUST play St. johns at MSG as that will be our only appearance in the area that year. This means that the remaining 7 games will take place at the Carrier Dome including Georgetown for us to get to 18 Dome dates and that is counting ESPN sending a Big Ten during the Challenge to Syracuse next season.
12-27-2012 03:55 PM
Bearcat_Bounce Offline
God Like Summoner

I Root For: Winners
I would like to keep Louisville, Marquette and DePaul on the schedule if possible. Those are our C-USA brothers. 04-cheers
12-28-2012 09:56 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.