Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

MBB Struggles this season...
Bookmark and Share
converrl Offline
All American

I Root For:
MBB Struggles this season...
I've been following as many games as possible via cable. Some stuff I'm noticing:

Poor shooting from the perimeter--this is killing offensive flow, 48/169 3-pointers made (this is weak). You also need more production from Henderson and Brown...
Defensive breakdowns--not so much with intensity as with fouls (this can be coached around, but this is a young team)
Weak inside game--what happened to Deniz Kilicli? He was a monster last year--has Murray supplanted him completely? Are they ever both on the floor at the same time?

Any input is welcome..
12-22-2012 11:10 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

I Root For: West Virginia
RE: MBB Struggles this season...
This WVU team is still trying to find an identity, and it doesn't help that Kilicli is stuck in the worst slump of his career. But if Murray plays the way he did in the last game for the rest of the season, WVU will be fine in the middle. The best shooters on the team are the 2 freshmen guards. Although SF Keaton Miles has stepped up his game this year...

I just wish some guys on the team were more aggressive. Kilicli is the only aggressive player on the team right now, and his aggression only gets him into trouble. We need some of that from the rest of the team, without all the fouls...
12-22-2012 11:35 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

I Root For: West Virginia
RE: MBB Struggles this season...
I think Huggs might have found a starting lineup last night. At the end of the Radford game, Huggs had Juwann Staten, Gary Browne, Aaric Murray, Dom Rutledge and Keaton Miles on the floor. That lineup pressed, created turnovers, and held Radford scoreless for over 4 minutes in the critical run at the end...

We shall see if I'm right when the next game rolls around...
12-23-2012 10:08 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.