Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Teams i'm ok with being in a league with.. again
Bookmark and Share
chavster Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: TCU/UTEP
Teams i'm ok with being in a league with.. again
Tulane - I like this school, hell I almost went there, But TCU wanted me more. One of my favorite memories was going to New Orleans to see TCU/Tulane game during my college years. Bourbon Street ... amazing! which was a good thing because Tulane kicked the crap out of us (TCU). Tulane is going to be the Nerd girls that turns into a hot chick later on. We just need to put up with the nerd years.

Memphis - Completely understand why they did the things they did, have a few dumb@$$ posters but overall great fan base.

UH - This was the girlfriend that later on denies having dated you even though times were great with each other. It seemed like one UH got in the Big East they forgot every good thing that happened since the breakup of the SWC. I will take them back after a slapping them across the face with a big Trout in a public square and making them tattoo I was stupid for losing you across their forehead.

SMU - Their situation completely reflects their student base. "I go to SMU because my daddy is a CEO. What does your daddy do?" Or the I heart Lacoste banners that the football team runs through before every game. Their football is not great, nor thier basketball team, attendance is pathetic, but they are mentioned in every conference realignment scenario because of their daddy (Dallas Market). They have all the resources in the world and produce the minimal results year after year. I would not petition for SMU but I wouldn't be vocal against them either. I would take them back after they go off to the wilderness (a la 300) and learn to be a man.

UCF - I just really don't care about this school either way. I was cool with them being in CUSA and cool with them not being in CUSA

ECU - Soooo HAPPY THEY LEFT!!! They were a cancer in CUSA thinking they were above this conference. I was pissed when the Big East didn't call them up when they got Memphis. Now they got called and BAM the cancer strikes again killing the Big East's national conference vision. PLEASE DON'T EVER COME BACK!!! MAKE THAT PROMISE!

San Diego St. - UTEP was in a conference with them before.. for description see ECU
(This post was last modified: 12-22-2012 10:50 AM by chavster.)
12-22-2012 10:49 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

TheEastisPurple Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UAB Football
RE: Teams i'm ok with being in a league with.. again
I think you have "teams" confused with "fans". I also think you are good at making sweeping generalizations.
12-22-2012 10:58 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ShoreBuc Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ECU
You feel better now ??
Holy Crap some folks spend way too much time analyzing the writings of .001% of any fanbse based on messageboards and then label the whole school.

ECU for the last time has been trying to improve the Athletic placement of our sports for decades. Like every other school I might add. The only nearby option for us to ever move up was the Big East. Just because you are trying to grow your Athletic program does not mean you think you are too good for whatever Conference you are in. Do all of the incoming members of CUSA think they are too good for the Conference they left behind ???
Do all the schools that have left the Big East think they were too good for the Big East ?? No, they left for money or a stronger , more stable league. Heck over 60 schools have now changed leagues so I guess a lot of programs think they are too good for the league they left.

This expansion stuff is just every school trying to get more money or get into a Big 5 League. For the ECU's of the world it is about trying to stay remotely relevant and maybe align with a more attractive league from a competition standpoint. ESPN and the powers that be have basically won for now by creating a nice little 5 Conference world to promote for big time College sports and the rest of us are left scrapping for crumbs off the table of the country club. We can all battle on who is the biggest midget left but it is just a battle of midgets at this point
(This post was last modified: 12-22-2012 11:02 AM by ShoreBuc.)
12-22-2012 11:02 AM
PirateHeist Offline
All American

I Root For: East Carolina
(12-22-2012 10:49 AM)chavster Wrote:  Tulane - I like this school, hell I almost went there, But TCU wanted me more. One of my favorite memories was going to New Orleans to see TCU/Tulane game during my college years. Bourbon Street ... amazing! which was a good thing because Tulane kicked the crap out of us (TCU). Tulane is going to be the Nerd girls that turns into a hot chick later on. We just need to put up with the nerd years.

Memphis - Completely understand why they did the things they did, have a few dumb@$$ posters but overall great fan base.

UH - This was the girlfriend that later on denies having dated you even though times were great with each other. It seemed like one UH got in the Big East they forgot every good thing that happened since the breakup of the SWC. I will take them back after a slapping them across the face with a big Trout in a public square and making them tattoo I was stupid for losing you across their forehead.

SMU - Their situation completely reflects their student base. "I go to SMU because my daddy is a CEO. What does your daddy do?" Or the I heart Lacoste banners that the football team runs through before every game. Their football is not great, nor thier basketball team, attendance is pathetic, but they are mentioned in every conference realignment scenario because of their daddy (Dallas Market). They have all the resources in the world and produce the minimal results year after year. I would not petition for SMU but I wouldn't be vocal against them either. I would take them back after they go off to the wilderness (a la 300) and learn to be a man.

UCF - I just really don't care about this school either way. I was cool with them being in CUSA and cool with them not being in CUSA

ECU - Soooo HAPPY THEY LEFT!!! They were a cancer in CUSA thinking they were above this conference. I was pissed when the Big East didn't call them up when they got Memphis. Now they got called and BAM the cancer strikes again killing the Big East's national conference vision. PLEASE DON'T EVER COME BACK!!! MAKE THAT PROMISE!

San Diego St. - UTEP was in a conference with them before.. for description see ECU

[Image: Troller.jpg]
12-22-2012 11:42 AM
MasMack Offline
1st String

I Root For: Southern Miss
Ok??? So out of those teams, you like 2 of them. A three team conference sounds good.
12-22-2012 11:44 AM
AndreWhere Offline
Banned

I hate metaphors.
12-22-2012 11:57 AM
Advertisement

BamaScorpio69 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Non-AQs
(12-22-2012 11:02 AM)ShoreBuc Wrote:  You feel better now ??
Holy Crap some folks spend way too much time analyzing the writings of .001% of any fanbse based on messageboards and then label the whole school.

Okay lets forget what ECU has been trying to do as a program and talk about some of their message board posters:

StillJonesing
bOnds
blunderbust

And there are a couple of others I could mention as well. No one will miss these posters once they permanently leave this site.
12-22-2012 01:01 PM
jn4theHERD Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:
I say let them all back in. I love hating UCF and UH, love visiting New Orleans, Memphis, and Dallas. I don't have the same opinion of ECU as chavster. I have never had a bad experience with ECU love their fans and love playing them. Their departure bothers me the most. I will miss playing them and hope once all this shakes out we are still playing.

The teams that are leaving were trying to put themselves in a better financial. The nBE is (was) a bcs conference receiving more TV money and aligned with better bowls. Gee, more money and a chance to play for a national championship. There isn't a program in CUSA that wouldn't have jump at a chance to move to the nBE before recent events. It is a dumpster fire over there right now that may or may not lead to our destruction as a conference. If Boise and SDST back out of their commitment to move to the nBE the dumpster fire turns into a raging inferno. Right now thought they are still in a little better shape than CUSA. Sh!t rolls down hill and the ground is still a little higher over there.
12-22-2012 01:06 PM
Purple n Gold Offline
No Quarter!

I Root For: East Carolina
Your post is just irrelevant.
12-22-2012 01:09 PM
EagleProf Offline
2nd String

So if the nBE dissolves, who will get left out in the cold completely? Anyone?
12-22-2012 01:09 PM
EagleProf Offline
2nd String

I seriously don't know that our schools can afford to take them all back. 19 teams, right? Rice, ODU, USM, MTSU, FIU, La Tech, UNT, WKU, Marshall, UTEP, UAB, Tulsa, Charlotte, then we have to add back ECU, UH, Memphis, UCF, Tulane, SMU. Is that really doable.

Leave USF out. Completely. Hopefully to die. Or at least add Navy, ULL, Troy or Arky State before USF.
12-22-2012 01:17 PM
Advertisement

DawgNBama Offline
the Rush Limbaugh of CSNBBS

I Root For: conservativism/MAGA
(12-22-2012 11:42 AM)PirateHeist Wrote:  [Image: Troller.jpg]

Okaaaayyy, that's disturbing!!!! 01-wingedeagle 01-wingedeagle 01-wingedeagle
12-22-2012 02:47 PM
ODUalum78 Online
Overseer of the Unwashed Masses

I Root For: ODU

Lion's Den Poster of the Year
(12-22-2012 01:09 PM)EagleProf Wrote:  So if the nBE dissolves, who will get left out in the cold completely? Anyone?

Anti-ECU rhetoric aside, it was, according to the Marquette AD, Tulane that "broke the camel's back".
http://www.sportsnola.com/sports/sports-...-east.html

Look, the Catholics were likely gone when Louisville left anyway. Villanova had said as much months ago.

Temple and Cincy have options. UConn and Navy not as many but they still should be attractive.
Leaving CUSA (which is full) out as a fallback option, and looking at geography, things could go as follows: (admittedly a lot of IFs here)

Memphis is desirable because of it's basketball tradition and top 50 television market. It could be attractive in a number of scenarios including the MWC, a new East Coast conference or Southeast conference. (Memphis, IMO, is also the most likely program admitted back into CUSA.)

Any future speculated upon geographically based conferences place USF and UCF with a Southeast based conference (which could ultimately include SoMiss, and UAB) or an East Coast conference. The Florida schools offer good athletics and desirable television markets.

SMU and Houston have tradition and desirable television markets. The MWC or a new Texas based conference could include them, as well as Tulsa and maybe some others.

So;
The real losers in all of this, who could realistically be "left out in the cold" would be ECU and/or Tulane.

ECU has an attractive football program, mediocre mbb, and a large and enthusiastic fanbase. However, ECU has little in the way of television market. (Potentially a member of a new East coast based conference)

Tulane has tradition and academics, but little else. Revenue sports have been awful for years, and the fanbase apathetic. It's television market is outside of the top fifty and dominated by the LSU Tigers and the Saints. (Possibly a member of a new Southeast based conference)

Tulane looks to be the most likely "biggest loser", and the above hypotheticals likely have a huge impact on CUSA as it exists now.
(This post was last modified: 12-22-2012 03:18 PM by ODUalum78.)
12-22-2012 02:51 PM
SgtGoldenEagle Offline
Special Teams

I love New Orleans and have a soft spot for Tulane even back when I was a kid and watched Ole Miss play them in Tulane Stadium in a game that Ole Miss was obviously going to win even if they played horrible and Ole Miss did win it. Tulane was in the SEC then. I would hate to see Tulane give up football and wish them well, but I would rather play against teams in La. that will give us a good tough rivalry like La. Tech has done in the past and ULL is capable of now. Tulane doesn't have a good fan base in N.O. and it was sad to go to a matchup of USM/Tulane in the dome with it looking like a Golden Eagle home game against a team from a couple thousand miles away. If we can include Tulane reasonably in the conference then fine, but I would rather pick up ULL and keep La. Tech than take Tulane back.

ECU I say welcome back!! The rest I don't really care if we can bring them back without kicking out those we just invited in.
12-22-2012 04:28 PM
MinerInWisconsin Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UTEP, of course
(12-22-2012 04:28 PM)SgtGoldenEagle Wrote:  I love New Orleans and have a soft spot for Tulane even back when I was a kid and watched Ole Miss play them in Tulane Stadium in a game that Ole Miss was obviously going to win even if they played horrible and Ole Miss did win it. Tulane was in the SEC then. I would hate to see Tulane give up football and wish them well, but I would rather play against teams in La. that will give us a good tough rivalry like La. Tech has done in the past and ULL is capable of now. Tulane doesn't have a good fan base in N.O. and it was sad to go to a matchup of USM/Tulane in the dome with it looking like a Golden Eagle home game against a team from a couple thousand miles away. If we can include Tulane reasonably in the conference then fine, but I would rather pick up ULL and keep La. Tech than take Tulane back.

ECU I say welcome back!! The rest I don't really care if we can bring them back without kicking out those we just invited in.

If ECU came back, and I don't think any of them will, the whining would be unbearable. If for some reason they have no conference, they should just go independent because no one is good enough for them to associate with.

Honestly, IF the nBE loses BSU, SDSU, SMU and Houston, then the nBE will be at 9, assuming Navy stays committed. They would just need to add 3 to have their champ game and continue on, albeit less desirable to the tv folks. They would want markets so Rice, UNT and UTSA, you're up!
12-22-2012 04:36 PM
gs_pirate Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: east carolina
(12-22-2012 01:01 PM)BamaScorpio69 Wrote:  
(12-22-2012 11:02 AM)ShoreBuc Wrote:  You feel better now ??

Okay lets forget what ECU has been trying to do as a program and talk about some of their message board posters:

StillJonesing
bOnds
blunderbust

And there are a couple of others I could mention as well. No one will miss these posters once they permanently leave this site.
can't argue with you in regards to some of our posters. And there is no getting away from Jonesing. he is an equal opportunity big mouth. Ask the folks on the Charlotte Ninernation folks, and and the Caazone.
12-22-2012 06:41 PM
Advertisement

lmckay92 Offline
Straight cash, homie.

I Root For: Marshall
[Image: 3prt2i.jpg]

Relevant I think
12-22-2012 07:00 PM
Cnelson203 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Marshall; WVU
From one Marshall poster, this would be my ideal, regionally based, football conference. It will never happen, I suppose, but would enjoy it nevertheless. Preserving a bit of our CUSA past and bringing in some exciting new potential.

East/North
Marshall, Ohio, Old Dominion, ECU, WKU, Middle

South/West
USM, UAB, LA Tech, UCF, Tulsa, Rice

No offense meant to our future partners, but this was a fantasy OP.
12-23-2012 08:50 AM
ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

I Root For: UAB Blazers

The Parliament AwardsCrappiesDonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardCrappies
Let USF gravitate to the Sun Belt where they belong. Let the rest back in and divide up in pods all though I doubt UCF will want to be in a league much less a pod with FIU and FAU. If not they can go to the Belt too.
12-23-2012 09:25 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Big Dub Offline
C-USA Troll?

I doubt C-USA would have ECU back, between UNCC and ODU we have their neck of the woods pretty well covered.
12-23-2012 09:34 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.