Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

OT: but could affect us quickly.... BE contacts Fresno St and UNLV
Bookmark and Share
MinerInWisconsin Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UTEP, of course
OT: but could affect us quickly.... BE contacts Fresno St and UNLV
BE trying to make its move. Looks like they want 16 not 14.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball...n-football
12-19-2012 04:47 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

pirateradio97 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: East Carolina
RE: OT: but could affect us quickly.... BE contacts Fresno St and UNLV
From what I heard today it will be 16-All Sports.....In Football Play 7 from your side..1 Cross over..4 Non Conference..Basketball..Home and Home from your division and some sort of cross over from other division

East

ECU
UCF
USF
UConn
Cincy
Temple
Memphis
Tulane

West
UNLV
Boise St.
SDSU
Fresno St.
SMU
Houston
Colorado St.
(BYU or Another team)
12-19-2012 04:55 PM
MinerInWisconsin Offline
Hall of Famer

(12-19-2012 04:55 PM)pirateradio97 Wrote:  From what I heard today it will be 16-All Sports.....In Football Play 7 from your side..1 Cross over..4 Non Conference..Basketball..Home and Home from your division and some sort of cross over from other division

East

ECU
UCF
USF
UConn
Cincy
Temple
Memphis
Tulane

West
UNLV
Boise St.
SDSU
Fresno St.
SMU
Houston
Colorado St.
(BYU or Another team)

The linked article says they were contacted about joining for football only.
12-19-2012 04:58 PM
EagleProf Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Southern Miss
This will be terrific news for Southern Miss! Not.
12-19-2012 04:59 PM
pirateradio97 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: East Carolina
I dont think it will end up being football only..just a hunch but you never know
12-19-2012 05:01 PM
MinerInWisconsin Offline
Hall of Famer

(12-19-2012 05:01 PM)pirateradio97 Wrote:  I dont think it will end up being football only..just a hunch but you never know

An all sports western division would be the smart way to go since you would have almost immediate buy in from a number of schools. Basketball with SDSU, UNLV would be very good and it would ease the cost of Boise St subsidizing Big West travel. Have to wait and see how this pans out. I still don't think it will be a big money maker for these schools but some better than what they have now.
12-19-2012 05:07 PM
Advertisement

b0ndsj0ns Offline
Legend

I Root For: ECU
I'm not even sure if an all sports member could be voted on at this time with the C7 in such flux. They may or may not still have voting rights and there's just a mess with that right now. If UNLV is invited I have all ideas this thing will go all sports and they will get the all sports invite after things are finalized with the C7 leaving. UNLV has been clear that they don't want to separate their sports, so if they jump it tells me this will be coast to coast all sports by the time it reaches it's conclusion.
12-19-2012 05:08 PM
panicstricken Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Tulsa
This will never ever happen.
12-19-2012 05:09 PM
Blazer88 Offline
Banned

I Root For: UAB
We need to steal New Mexico and Nevada/Utah St if this happens
(This post was last modified: 12-19-2012 05:19 PM by Blazer88.)
12-19-2012 05:18 PM
gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

Survivor Champion
Yea.. They want to keep Boise happy.
12-19-2012 05:21 PM
baruna falls Offline
All American

This move keeps Boise happy and creates a true Western Division for the BE.
12-19-2012 05:23 PM
Advertisement

Searching59 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: UTEP
(12-19-2012 05:08 PM)b0ndsj0ns Wrote:  I'm not even sure if an all sports member could be voted on at this time with the C7 in such flux. They may or may not still have voting rights and there's just a mess with that right now. If UNLV is invited I have all ideas this thing will go all sports and they will get the all sports invite after things are finalized with the C7 leaving. UNLV has been clear that they don't want to separate their sports, so if they jump it tells me this will be coast to coast all sports by the time it reaches it's conclusion.

Confusing article..."not sure how or 'if' they will proceed with football." This is all crazy. All are gambling on the presumed TV monies. And splitting their sports between conferences? I just don't get it.
12-19-2012 05:24 PM
b0ndsj0ns Offline
Legend

(12-19-2012 05:24 PM)Searching59 Wrote:  
(12-19-2012 05:08 PM)b0ndsj0ns Wrote:  I'm not even sure if an all sports member could be voted on at this time with the C7 in such flux. They may or may not still have voting rights and there's just a mess with that right now. If UNLV is invited I have all ideas this thing will go all sports and they will get the all sports invite after things are finalized with the C7 leaving. UNLV has been clear that they don't want to separate their sports, so if they jump it tells me this will be coast to coast all sports by the time it reaches it's conclusion.

Confusing article..."not sure how or 'if' they will proceed with football." This is all crazy. All are gambling on the presumed TV monies. And splitting their sports between conferences? I just don't get it.

I think this could be a very similar situation to the BYU-WAC stuff when the WAC tried to raid the MWC. If the MWC schools are willing to all stand strong and all say no we won't leave then Boise and SDSU will almost certainly go back. However, if even 1 cave their options for expansion are so bad that it pretty much closes the door for them to go back because the MWC would be forced to add a really unattractive team and it will destabilize all the rest of the teams. It's a big game of chicken right now, but each time this stuff has happened the perceived lower league has lost the battle.
(This post was last modified: 12-19-2012 05:32 PM by b0ndsj0ns.)
12-19-2012 05:31 PM
Old Dominion Navy Offline
The Lion King

I Root For: ODU SDSU
This is stupid.
12-19-2012 05:32 PM
Ragu Offline
All American

I Root For: FAU/FSU
I have been saying this for months. The BE is going to have a Western division and add 2-4 from the MWC and maybe BYU to get it done.

This is why I didn't get the appeal of those in the Western division of the geographically tight CUSA clamoring to join the MWC. Even with its current members, I don't see the vast appeal and I knew the BE would steal 2-4 from them on top of that. The MWC is going to be in survival mode and end up having to take teams like Idaho and NM St to go along with Wyoming, San Jose St and Utah St.
12-19-2012 05:35 PM
07owl Offline
All American

I Root For: Rice
(12-19-2012 05:31 PM)b0ndsj0ns Wrote:  
(12-19-2012 05:24 PM)Searching59 Wrote:  

I think this could be a very similar situation to the BYU-WAC stuff when the WAC tried to raid the MWC. If the MWC schools are willing to all stand strong and all say no we won't leave then Boise and SDSU will almost certainly go back. However, if even 1 cave their options for expansion are so bad that it pretty much closes the door for them to go back because the MWC would be forced to add a really unattractive team and it will destabilize all the rest of the teams. It's a big game of chicken right now, but each time this stuff has happened the perceived lower league has lost the battle.

Prisoner's dilemma
12-19-2012 05:53 PM
Advertisement

DaSaintFan Offline
Dum' Sutherner in Midwest!

(12-19-2012 05:31 PM)b0ndsj0ns Wrote:  I think this could be a very similar situation to the BYU-WAC stuff when the WAC tried to raid the MWC. If the MWC schools are willing to all stand strong and all say no we won't leave then Boise and SDSU will almost certainly go back.

You mean how we could have had four of our recent to-be-departees (And they're not ECU and Tulane), stood with C-USA, the BE would have been in serious trouble itself?
12-19-2012 05:57 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
baruna falls Offline
All American

Looks like the BE is making a play to put pressure on the MWC. If Fresno and UNLV are accepted then it means that MWC is on life support without new members. Would UTEP and TULSA be interested in MWC without UNLV and Fresno?
12-19-2012 06:13 PM
goherd17 Offline
1st String

I Root For:
(12-19-2012 06:13 PM)baruna falls Wrote:  Looks like the BE is making a play to put pressure on the MWC. If Fresno and UNLV are accepted then it means that MWC is on life support without new members. Would UTEP and TULSA be interested in MWC without UNLV and Fresno?

if so not smart
12-19-2012 06:22 PM
EagleProf Offline
2nd String

I doubt Tulsa would go without those schools; the CUSA TV deal would be better with less travel expenses. Not sure about UTEP.

And yes, the merger proposal would have virtually killed off the BE if we would have all stayed together a year ago. Oh well.
12-19-2012 06:32 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.