Southern Miss 69, Georgia State 67 - FINAL
Miami 72, UCF 50 - FINAL
SMU @ Utah - Utah by 3 at the half.

RPI:
East Carolina (115), Gardner-Webb (145)
Southern Miss (85), Georgia State (217)
UCF (90), Miami (30)
SMU (181), Utah (178)
(This post was last modified: 12-18-2012 09:55 PM by PirateNation.)
12-18-2012 08:57 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

DaSaintFan Offline
Dum' Sutherner in Midwest!

I Root For: Southern Miss
RE: Tuesday Dec 18th Basketball Games
Hell, that was a survival by USM... I guess close wins are good enough for now, although I would like to see _Some_ domination on occasion.
12-18-2012 09:24 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PirateNation Offline
All American

I Root For: East Carolina
ECU beat Georgia State by 9 earlier this season in Atlanta, not sure how good of a team they have.. know nothing about them. Followed the last part of your game on gametracker. Congrats on the win.

Also, looks like a pretty good crowd in Orlando. Our attendance was pathetic tonight with students out of town.
(This post was last modified: 12-18-2012 09:33 PM by PirateNation.)
12-18-2012 09:29 PM
Advertisement

Up2stuff Offline
Special Teams

(12-18-2012 09:24 PM)DaSaintFan Wrote:  Hell, that was a survival by USM... I guess close wins are good enough for now, although I would like to see _Some_ domination on occasion.

So far we've played 3 games at home and we're 8-3. Two more road games before we get back home. That will be 3 home games out of the first 13 games. If we come out of this with an 8-5 record that would be awesome. Of course, I'm hoping for the 10-3. And honestly, it would be fine with me if we win them all by 1, although I'm not sure my heart can take it.04-cheers
(This post was last modified: 12-18-2012 10:06 PM by Up2stuff.)
12-18-2012 09:43 PM
DaSaintFan Offline

(12-18-2012 09:43 PM)Up2stuff Wrote:  
(12-18-2012 09:24 PM)DaSaintFan Wrote:  Hell, that was a survival by USM... I guess close wins are good enough for now, although I would like to see _Some_ domination on occasion.

So far we've played 3 games at home and we're 8-3. Two more road games before we get back home. That will be 3 home games out of the first 13 games. If we come out of this with an 8-5 record that would be awesome. Of course, I'm hoping for the 10-3. And honestly, it would be fine with me if we win them all by 1, although I'm nost sure my heart can take it.04-cheers

Well, I asked on EP.. who the hell set up this road schedule anyway? i don't mind being road warriors... but OUCh!

Georgia (neutral site)
Sam houston State
UC Irvine (Neutral site)
Liberty (neutral site)
New Mexico State
Arizona
La Tech
Georgia State
wichita state
Morehead state
12-18-2012 09:48 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

usm99 Offline
Heisman

(12-18-2012 09:48 PM)DaSaintFan Wrote:  
(12-18-2012 09:43 PM)Up2stuff Wrote:  

So far we've played 3 games at home and we're 8-3. Two more road games before we get back home. That will be 3 home games out of the first 13 games. If we come out of this with an 8-5 record that would be awesome. Of course, I'm hoping for the 10-3. And honestly, it would be fine with me if we win them all by 1, although I'm nost sure my heart can take it.04-cheers

Well, I asked on EP.. who the hell set up this road schedule anyway? i don't mind being road warriors... but OUCh!

Georgia (neutral site)
Sam houston State
UC Irvine (Neutral site)
Liberty (neutral site)
New Mexico State
Arizona
La Tech
Georgia State
wichita state
Morehead state

The Georgia game was on their home court. It was part of a tournament but it was on their court
12-18-2012 09:59 PM
usm99 Offline
Heisman

To DaSaintsFan...to answer your question about the schedule this year....from what I can remember when Tyndall was hired the schedule for the most part was already being put into place by Hammond. Tyndall had a Q & A session shortly after being hired and the schedule was brought up. He made the comment (along with Hammond) that this year's team was going to have to "pitch in" to help with our deficit problems and play a couple money games..something Eustachy rarely, if ever, did. LE would play NAIA home games rather than going on the road for money and possible losses hence his contract extensions early on for a winning season. Anyway, back to original topic...we played/are playing Georgia, Arizona, and (I believe) Wichita St for some extra money in the wallet. It was a risk/gamble that we could lose games but Hammond said basketball had to do something to help pay some major bills rather than play those NAIA home games for minimal, if any, financial gain. Hope this helps out as I feel most of this info is correct from what I can remember.
12-18-2012 10:08 PM
Advertisement

DaSaintFan Offline

(12-18-2012 10:08 PM)usm99 Wrote:  To DaSaintsFan...to answer your question about the schedule this year....from what I can remember when Tyndall was hired the schedule for the most part was already being put into place by Hammond. Tyndall had a Q & A session shortly after being hired and the schedule was brought up. He made the comment (along with Hammond) that this year's team was going to have to "pitch in" to help with our deficit problems and play a couple money games..something Eustachy rarely, if ever, did.

I figured it was something like that.. Like I said, I don't mind us being road warriors (again, it helps RPI as well, and was requested by the C-USA commissioner at one point.).. but a 1:3 ratio...
12-18-2012 10:15 PM
usm99 Offline
Heisman

(12-18-2012 10:15 PM)DaSaintFan Wrote:  
(12-18-2012 10:08 PM)usm99 Wrote:  To DaSaintsFan...to answer your question about the schedule this year....from what I can remember when Tyndall was hired the schedule for the most part was already being put into place by Hammond. Tyndall had a Q & A session shortly after being hired and the schedule was brought up. He made the comment (along with Hammond) that this year's team was going to have to "pitch in" to help with our deficit problems and play a couple money games..something Eustachy rarely, if ever, did.

I figured it was something like that.. Like I said, I don't mind us being road warriors (again, it helps RPI as well, and was requested by the C-USA commissioner at one point.).. but a 1:3 ratio...

Agreed 100%!!! 3 home games to 10 road games (not counting the 2 NAIA games around New Years Day) is brutal regardless of the opponent. But like you said, this should pay off down the road RPI wise especially if we can get a split (or sweep) in the next 2 road games
12-18-2012 10:20 PM
ThreeifbyLightning Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Univ of Middle Tennessee
For a future member update, Middle Tennessee drubbed Tennessee State by 30 or so tonight.
12-18-2012 11:32 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.