Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

InsideRunnerSports.com becomes the new Scout/Fox Sports Next affiliate
mac78251 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: UTSA, Texas
InsideRunnerSports.com becomes the new Scout/Fox Sports Next affiliate
Ok guys, so some of you may have heard that Inside Runner Sports had a major announcement for today. Well here it is:

IRS has agreed to join Fox Sports Media and and Scout.com/FoxSportsNext.com, essentially becoming the Scout UTSA affiliate [note that even though I am stating it as Scout, it technically now known as Fox Sports Next but for all intents and purposed, I will primarily refer it as Scout in this post; also; the site can still be accessed by going to scout.com anyways]. I don't know the exact details yet (especially since I was at work when they announced it and even though I heard part of it, I didn't fully hear everything since I had some work stuff going on lol), but based on some tweets that I exchanges with IRS, I am assuming that it will be pretty much be like InsideUTSA.com, a pay-and-subscription-based team site part of a big network.

IRS will transition to Scout no later than January 2013 but be sure to check out their site in the coming days for more details but for now, here are some tidbits:

From twitter - "@UTSAinsiders: Yes Sir!!! It's Official, we're a part of Fox Sports Media & Joining the "http://scout.com " network!"

From their post on their forum (http://utsatailgaters.forumflash.com/ind...t-for-irs/) - "As for IRS, we have agreed to join Fox Sports Media and be a part of "FoxSportsNext" formerly known as scout.com!

We can be up and running as early as next weekend or by January 2013."

So there you go guys, we now have two subscription-based team sites affiliated with one affiliated with Rivals/Yahoo Sport (with future partnership with NBC Sports Group) and the other affiliated with Scout/Fox Sports Next; where before there were no pay-and-subscription-based UTSA team sites in existence, there will now be two that us UTSA fans can choose from (or go with both if you want). What are your thoughts?

P.S. What's next, 247 Sports?!?!
12-18-2012 07:02 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

mac78251 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: UTSA, Texas
RE: InsideRunnerSports.com becomes the new Scout/Fox Sports Next affiliate
IRS just posted the following details about the new Scout/FoxSportNext [note that the transition is not complete yet so you will not see IRS redirect to the new FoxSportsNext site just yet]:

"We're moving really fast RunnerNation to have the entire site transferred over to FoxSportsNext. Our letterhead and logo are already up at:
http://www.utsa.scout.com

We're still looking at possibly next weekend or early January 2013 for the official start up.

In the mean time, we've been able to confirm exceptionally great rates (indefintiely) and have three options for time periods to subscribe to the best UTSA coverage in recruiting, hoops, football and breaking info.

Annual Pass = $3.95/mth
6mth Pass = $4.16/mth
1mth Pass = 4.95/mth

Thank you RunnerNation and we look forward to bringing you even better coverage!!! "

They didn't mention this but when you initially sign up for a subscription, you will not get charged in the first 7 days (FoxSportsNext has a 7-day free trial similar to Rivals). And yes, I informed them already about the whole "Texas-San Antonio" reference on that site lol; they are working on it but long story short (as how they put it), it is essentially a technical issue.

P.S. IRS's Antonio posted the following on the new site:

"FYI RunnerNation, but FoxSportsNext had 3 regional or national analysts at the Texas State Championships to evalute and provide the best recruiting coverage possible.

Can't speak for anyone else!

FOXSPORTSNEXT is also the only outlet to have a film database to secure complete game films for even better and accurate evaluations of prospects.

Great things going on at FOXSPORTSNEXT!"
(This post was last modified: 12-23-2012 10:37 PM by mac78251.)
12-23-2012 10:28 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.