Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Just conversed with McMurphy via email
NBPirate Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Georgetown
Just conversed with McMurphy via email
He basically said in so many words that Tulane being added is what caused this all. The break wasn't going to happen until they were added. They were fine with ECU as football only.
12-13-2012 10:43 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Mestophalies Offline
1st String

I Root For: USF
RE: Just conversed with McMurphy via email
(12-13-2012 10:43 AM)NBPirate Wrote:  He basically said in so many words that Tulane being added is what caused this all. The break wasn't going to happen until they were added. They were fine with ECU as football only.

Dude he's a joke. Who do you think added Tulane???? The BBall schools. I mean Damn Son!!!!!! 04-jawdrop
12-13-2012 10:44 AM
MickMack Offline
All American

I Root For: UC!
(12-13-2012 10:43 AM)NBPirate Wrote:  He basically said in so many words that Tulane being added is what caused this all. The break wasn't going to happen until they were added. They were fine with ECU as football only.

Someone may want to go back and check the board minutes. I'm beginning to wonder if there actually was a vote to admit Tulane, or whether they just read about it on Twitter and assumed it was true.
12-13-2012 10:44 AM
Carolina Stang Offline
1st String

I Root For: SMU
I still do not understand this - the BB schools had the voting majority!
12-13-2012 10:45 AM
TripleA Online
Legend

I Root For: Memphis Tigers

Memphis Hall of Fame
Then who the hell voted in Tulane? That makes no sense.
12-13-2012 10:46 AM
NBPirate Offline
Heisman

(12-13-2012 10:45 AM)Carolina Stang Wrote:  I still do not understand this - the BB schools had the voting majority!

Thats what I don't understand..... did they kamikaze themselves?
12-13-2012 10:46 AM
Advertisement

Boise fan Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Boise State
I don't suppose McMurphy bothered to add why the BB schools were upset that they voted in Tulane?

Nah, it doesn't appear in his reporting, doubt it would be in his email.

Would you ask him for us? Why didn't he mention in his articles that the BB schools had a voting majority when Tulane was added? And if they all abstained or were too busy talking to ESPN about a separate contract if they left to bother doing "due diligence"?
12-13-2012 10:48 AM
Mestophalies Offline
1st String

(12-13-2012 10:48 AM)Boise fan Wrote:  I don't suppose McMurphy bothered to add why the BB schools were upset that they voted in Tulane?

Would you ask him for us? Why didn't he mention in his articles that the BB schools had a voting majority when Tulane was added? And if they all abstained or were too busy talking to ESPN about a separate contract if they left to bother doing "due diligence"?

This just in.... *ESPIN told the BBall schools to vote in Tulane*. news at 11:00..... 04-jawdrop
12-13-2012 10:50 AM
Lord2FLI Away
Peanut Vendor

I Root For: The End
ESPN has been planning this for awhile (well before Tulane), I won't name names, he can speak up himself if he wants, but they set this up as a backup plan in case they couldn't land the BE contract. The Unnamed One mentioned it as a possibility about a month ago, I dismissed it immediately, eating some crow this morning I guess.
12-13-2012 10:50 AM
bearcatfan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Bearcats!

That's a crock. It could have been anyone. Don't blame Tulane - blame the greedy money hungry power conferences.
(This post was last modified: 12-13-2012 10:54 AM by bearcatfan.)
12-13-2012 10:54 AM
Blackhawk-eye Offline
1st String

I Root For: B&G Hawks
I don't see why there's a need to keep pumping Tulane.

The conference was destined to break up after the defections of Cuse, Pitt, WVU. The Rutgers and Louisville were just the last straws.

The conference tried to make the best of it and got extremely CUSA heavy. Not a bad thing, they were the only schools available. Not good enough to be invited before the mass exodus but better than the other alternatives.

It's not Tulane's fault. Tulane is not the problem, they are no different than the other programs - none of them really excite the media types enough and the basketball schools rather pull a "BYU". Rather than get a perception down grade, go it alone. They will get a better deal without the football and avoid sharing political power with the newbies.
(This post was last modified: 12-13-2012 10:59 AM by Blackhawk-eye.)
12-13-2012 10:55 AM
Advertisement

TigerTimmy Offline
Outsider

I Root For: Tigers & Titans
The BB schools must have never been to New Orleans.
12-13-2012 10:57 AM
Mestophalies Offline
1st String

(12-13-2012 10:57 AM)TigerTimmy Wrote:  The BB schools must have never been to New Orleans.

If they were, they forgot about it with in five minutes just like they did about the Tulane Vote. 04-cheers
12-13-2012 10:58 AM
HowardD11 Offline
1st String

I Root For: ECU & VCU
(12-13-2012 10:48 AM)Boise fan Wrote:  I don't suppose McMurphy bothered to add why the BB schools were upset that they voted in Tulane?

This is what I'm wondering. If he responds to email, has anyone asked McMurphy?

Just a simple: "If the basketball schools aren't happy with Tulane, how were they added in the first place? Didn't the Basketball schools have a majority of votes?"
12-13-2012 11:00 AM
maccoog Offline
1st String

I Root For: Houston
(12-13-2012 10:55 AM)Fireman451 Wrote:  I don't see why there's a need to keep pumping Tulane.

The conference was destined to break up after the defections of Cuse, Pitt, WVU. The Rutgers and Louisville were just the last straws.

The conference tried to make the best of it and got extremely CUSA heavy. Not a bad thing, they were the only schools available. Not good enough to be invited before the mass exodus but better than the other alternatives.

It's not Tulane's fault. Tulane is not the problem, they are no different than the other programs - none of them really excite the media types enough and the basketball schools rather pull a "BYU". Rather than get a perception down grade, go it alone. They will get a better deal without the football and avoid sharing political power with the newbies.

To say Tulane is the same in regards to the media types as Houston and Boise doesn't even warrant a response so I won't.
12-13-2012 11:01 AM
GANG_GREEN Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: TULANE

Pretty sad that you have to make up a story like that. It's funny you didn't mention Jim Calhoun's comments from back in May 2011 that said the Big East basketball schools were going to leave within 4-5 years. I assume he predicted that Tulane was going to be added back then and based it off of that also?
12-13-2012 11:02 AM
Advertisement

JDTulane Offline
Sazeracs and Retirement

I Root For: Peace
I guess I'm the ugly girl at the ball and I just gave HPV to everyone...
12-13-2012 11:02 AM
NBPirate Offline
Heisman

(12-13-2012 11:02 AM)GANG_GREEN Wrote:  

Pretty sad that you have to make up a story like that. It's funny you didn't mention Jim Calhoun's comments from back in May 2011 that said the Big East basketball schools were going to leave within 4-5 years. I assume he predicted that Tulane was going to be added back then and based it off of that also?

I did'nt make up the story. I emailed McMurphy for his thoughts and thats what he told me. His twitter conversations back this up. Take a look. I have been openly supportive of Tulane.
12-13-2012 11:03 AM
Lord2FLI Away
Peanut Vendor

I Root For: The End
(12-13-2012 11:02 AM)JDTulane Wrote:  I guess I'm the ugly girl at the ball and I just gave HPV to everyone...

Smart chicks usually aren't the pretty ones 03-lmfao
12-13-2012 11:03 AM
maccoog Offline
1st String

I Root For: Houston
(12-13-2012 11:02 AM)JDTulane Wrote:  I guess I'm the ugly girl at the ball and I just gave HPV to everyone...

You can get HPV from a hand job? I don't bang ugly chicks. :rolltide:
12-13-2012 11:04 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.