Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Wow the hits just keep coming.
EnterSandman Offline
Master Of Your Domain

I Root For: The Ville
Wow the hits just keep coming.
I'm so glad that we made it out of the New Big East, eveytime I go over there now it's more bad news. Just when I didn't think it could get any worst, it dose. It's one kick to the nutz after another! 03-nutkick
(This post was last modified: 12-13-2012 09:00 AM by EnterSandman.)
12-13-2012 08:59 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Athletes First
RE: Wow the hits just keep coming.
Thank you Florida State for saving us...feel for Cincinnati...they deserve better. As for UConn, not so much...some of their fans are just too much & Calhoun rep on how he got them to their level is let's just say....
12-13-2012 09:09 AM
Wilkie01 Offline
Cards Prognosticater
Jersey Retired

I Root For: Louisville
All I can say, its a great day to belong to the ACC! 07-coffee3
12-13-2012 10:30 AM
EnterSandman Offline
Master Of Your Domain

Wilkie your a trip! 03-lmfao
12-13-2012 11:26 AM
LaBradfordsTWill Offline
Special Teams

Goodbye BigEastFans.com I hardly knew you.
12-13-2012 01:31 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
brista21 Offline
The Birthplace of College Football

I Root For: Rutgers

Donators
I feel bad for USF, UConn and Cincy. Especially Cincy, they deserve much better than this.
12-13-2012 03:37 PM
Advertisement

CardFan1 Offline
Red Thunderbird

I Root For: Louisville ACC
I think a Combo of ACC, B1G, Big 12 invites are soon going out to several of them. Wilkie, You called it with Your end Bad for NBE thread. You are the Man !
12-13-2012 05:50 PM
Wilkie01 Offline
Cards Prognosticater
Jersey Retired

(12-13-2012 05:50 PM)CardFan1 Wrote:  I think a Combo of ACC, B1G, Big 12 invites are soon going out to several of them. Wilkie, You called it with Your end Bad for NBE thread. You are the Man !

I wish I was wrong.
12-13-2012 10:20 PM
Cardsfan1974 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Cardinals
I'm so glad Louisville didn't go down with that ship. Thank you ACC , please hurry and get the Cards in the league. I feel bad for Cincinnati & South Florida,the Big 12 needs to throw both of them A life line.
12-14-2012 08:03 AM
EnterSandman Offline
Master Of Your Domain

(12-14-2012 08:03 AM)Cardsfan1974 Wrote:  I'm so glad Louisville didn't go down with that ship. Thank you ACC , please hurry and get the Cards in the league. I feel bad for Cincinnati & South Florida,the Big 12 needs to throw both of them A life line.

I fell bad for Cincy and USF to, but don't give a crap what happen's to UConn.
12-14-2012 09:31 AM
Cardsfan1974 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Cardinals
(12-14-2012 09:31 AM)EnterSandman Wrote:  
(12-14-2012 08:03 AM)Cardsfan1974 Wrote:  I'm so glad Louisville didn't go down with that ship. Thank you ACC , please hurry and get the Cards in the league. I feel bad for Cincinnati & South Florida,the Big 12 needs to throw both of them A life line.

I fell bad for Cincy and USF to, but don't give a crap what happen's to UConn.

I don't either. they can kick rocks for all I care. I think of them as A dirty program/ cheats. A lot of their fans talk Academic smack , all the while U Conn is banned from Playing in the NCAA Tournament for bad grades. I look at them like I do Providence & St . Johns. They all would cut you're throat in A heartbeat.
12-14-2012 10:19 AM
Advertisement

Wilkie01 Offline
Cards Prognosticater
Jersey Retired

I only feel bad for Cicincinnati. 04-cheers
12-14-2012 10:48 AM
CardFan1 Offline
Red Thunderbird

(12-14-2012 10:48 AM)Wilkie01 Wrote:  I only feel bad for Cicincinnati. 04-cheers

Yep ! Cincinnati 04-cheers
12-14-2012 04:50 PM
CardinalJim Offline
Welcome to The New Age

I feel bad for all 3 of them. I shudder to think what it would be like to be stuck on the outside looking in after everything we have done with our football program since December 1984 when we hired Howard. It's a been a long road. Thank God for Tom Jurich.

Here's hoping UC, USF and UConn all find a soft landing spot.
CJ
12-15-2012 06:08 AM
LaBradfordsTWill Offline
Special Teams

I don't feel sorry for UConn at all. They pissed the ACC off with their lawsuits and they have been clamoring to get out for nearly two years now. Louisville would never have even tried to get out of the Big East if UConn, Pitt, Syracuse, and WVU didn't bail or try to. Of course they never wanted to be associated with the CUSA riff raff to begin with, and when we started taking the conference over they resented it even more. But now that we are in the ACC with them, everything is allegedly all better now. But you know deep down they still hold their nose when they associate with us a lowly commuter school. We're like the man who builds his fortune on his own and then tries to associate with old money. We have the same resources, but we don't have the tradition to go with it yet.

As for the Big East I feel the same way. We are bailing on a conference that could have built other upstarts into new athletic powerhouses like we were allowed to grow. Yes the ACC is the much better situation, but I don't want my school acting like the others who think they are too good to be associated with the likes of East Carolina, Tulane, Memphis, Boise, and Houston etc...That's garbage and shallow. I hope Jurich has the moral fortitude to reach out to our former conference mates and schedule them. We should help them any way we can to remain relevant in college sports. We should not burn any bridges.
12-15-2012 01:26 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

(12-15-2012 01:26 PM)LaBradfordsTWill Wrote:  I don't feel sorry for UConn at all. They pissed the ACC off with their lawsuits and they have been clamoring to get out for nearly two years now. Louisville would never have even tried to get out of the Big East if UConn, Pitt, Syracuse, and WVU didn't bail or try to. Of course they never wanted to be associated with the CUSA riff raff to begin with, and when we started taking the conference over they resented it even more. But now that we are in the ACC with them, everything is allegedly all better now. But you know deep down they still hold their nose when they associate with us a lowly commuter school. We're like the man who builds his fortune on his own and then tries to associate with old money. We have the same resources, but we don't have the tradition to go with it yet.

As for the Big East I feel the same way. We are bailing on a conference that could have built other upstarts into new athletic powerhouses like we were allowed to grow. Yes the ACC is the much better situation, but I don't want my school acting like the others who think they are too good to be associated with the likes of East Carolina, Tulane, Memphis, Boise, and Houston etc...That's garbage and shallow. I hope Jurich has the moral fortitude to reach out to our former conference mates and schedule them. We should help them any way we can to remain relevant in college sports. We should not burn any bridges.

I don't think Syracuse has a problem with us @ all...now the others that is another story but especially UConn.

I feel bad for USF but really and mainly for Cincinnati...UConn...wuteva...05-nono
12-15-2012 03:12 PM
Advertisement

brista21 Offline
The Birthplace of College Football

I Root For: Rutgers

Donators
(12-15-2012 03:12 PM)Maize Wrote:  
(12-15-2012 01:26 PM)LaBradfordsTWill Wrote:  I don't feel sorry for UConn at all. They pissed the ACC off with their lawsuits and they have been clamoring to get out for nearly two years now. Louisville would never have even tried to get out of the Big East if UConn, Pitt, Syracuse, and WVU didn't bail or try to. Of course they never wanted to be associated with the CUSA riff raff to begin with, and when we started taking the conference over they resented it even more. But now that we are in the ACC with them, everything is allegedly all better now. But you know deep down they still hold their nose when they associate with us a lowly commuter school. We're like the man who builds his fortune on his own and then tries to associate with old money. We have the same resources, but we don't have the tradition to go with it yet.

I don't think Syracuse has a problem with us @ all...now the others that is another story but especially UConn.

I feel bad for USF but really and mainly for Cincinnati...UConn...wuteva...05-nono

No one ever had a problem with Louisville being added. I'd love to see Louisville on future schedules in any sport for Rutgers. I still hold hope that the superconference era will implode back into regionalish leagues and Cincy and Louisville are must haves for the Eastern league that would form.
12-15-2012 04:00 PM
Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

(12-15-2012 04:00 PM)brista21 Wrote:  
(12-15-2012 03:12 PM)Maize Wrote:  

No one ever had a problem with Louisville being added. I'd love to see Louisville on future schedules in any sport for Rutgers. I still hold hope that the superconference era will implode back into regionalish leagues and Cincy and Louisville are must haves for the Eastern league that would form.

We had some classic games...in 2006 03-weeping & 2012 COGS...best of luck to you guys in the B1G...Rutgers hit the freak'n lottery in this realignment and I fully expect you guys to reap the benefits.

A lot more NJ kids especially the Bosco guys should stay home.
12-15-2012 06:15 PM
CardFan1 Offline
Red Thunderbird

Rutgers, Syracuse, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati , USF are all Class programs. UC has the best shot at ACC and hope someday soon they will get in . I really don't see FSU or Clemson, GT bailing out for the Big 12 and I don't see the SEC adding same markets. Only can see maybe Va. going to the B1G because of the rumors from last few years. The other school with them would probably be UConn to anchor the NE with Penn St and Rutgers.
12-16-2012 12:01 AM
ndlutz Offline
I am the liquor.

I Root For: Pitt
I think Pitt fans have a respect for Louisville. I also know a majority of our ACC board preferred Louisville to be added to UConn or any other school, so I wouldn't feel slighted in this situation.

None of the northern schools or Louisville are ever going to really be in the good ole' boy network with UNC and Duke. We just have to accept that and hope that the bonds we can grow will be strong nonetheless.
12-16-2012 06:41 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.