Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

UConn and UC fans deserve a solid thumbs up.
Fo Shizzle Offline
Pragmatic Classical Liberal

I Root For: ECU PIRATES

Balance of Power Contest
UConn and UC fans deserve a solid thumbs up.
I have to say how impressed I am with the fans of both institutions through all of this BE mess. You guys have taken all this with a lot of class. I know this has been hard on both fan bases with the departure of former conference mates and being left alone to deal with all this uncertainty. Coming from an ECU fan...I hope you guys either land in a better place soon or can stay and help build or rebuild the league into something to be proud of. Regardless...You both have my respect.01-ncaabbs
12-12-2012 08:26 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

UConn-SMU Offline
often wrong, never in doubt

I Root For: the AAC
RE: UConn and UC fans deserve a solid thumbs up.
Thanks.

I can't hide the fact that UConn is looking elsewhere. I'm still going to enjoy this arrangement while it lasts. I love playing schools from different regions, so this conference is going to be a blast for me.
12-12-2012 09:45 PM
Cubanbull Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
(12-12-2012 09:45 PM)UConn-SMU Wrote:  Thanks.

I can't hide the fact that UConn is looking elsewhere. I'm still going to enjoy this arrangement while it lasts. I love playing schools from different regions, so this conference is going to be a blast for me.

We all are. The Big East is just a stepping stone for all our schools, you don't think tat Boise and SDSU are positioning themselves to be as attractive to pac12 as possible?

And that's fine I hold no grudges at any school trying to move up and get a better situation, all I ask is until that happens lets work together on making this league the best for as long as we are in it and fr those that might be left behind if our schools get an invite to move up.
12-12-2012 09:50 PM
MickMack Offline
All American

I Root For: UC!
I don't want to throw mud at some of the folks that have hitched a ride out of here, but I'm not going to hold my nose up at the guys around me. It's no secret that some of them have. I just won't do it. As a program, UC's had some decent success in recent years, but the simple fact is, if we were some superior program, we would have been long gone, and not the last kid (maybe) picked in gym class. UC is no different than most of the programs in the nBE. We're underdogs trying to take pride in our respective programs even though everyone else keeps kicking us down. We have to claw for every ounce of respect we get, and we have to be proud in the face of ridicule.

IMHO, we're united by our resilience. It's easy to be an Ohio State fan or an Alabama fan. It's hard being the program known for not filling up Nippert Stadium. It's hard being the lovable underdogs out in the middle of Idaho. It ain't easy being the last Carolina program anyone mentions in a sentence, or the directional Florida school. How hard is it to stick with the program that got kicked out of the Big East, or the programs that were left for dead when the SWC broke apart? Very.

It bugs me to see everyone around here going at each other's throats. Yeah, this conference is a mess right now, but it's what we've got. I just want to hope for the best and take pride in what we have right now. I can't wait to play the new guys and see how they fare against the UCs, USFs and UConns of the world. In the end, we're the only ones that lose when we piss on each other's parade. The guys in the SEC, B1G, P10, or ACC are laughing at us as we rip each other apart. I say don't give them the satisfaction.
(This post was last modified: 12-12-2012 10:09 PM by MickMack.)
12-12-2012 09:56 PM
Hoofbeat83 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: SMU
(12-12-2012 09:56 PM)MickMack Wrote:  I don't want to throw mud at some of the folks that have hitched a ride out of here, but I'm not going to hold my nose up at the guys around me. It's no secret that some of them have. I just won't do it. As a program, UC's had some decent success in recent years, but the simple fact is, if we were some superior program, we would have been long gone, and not the last kid (maybe) picked in gym class. UC is no different than most of the programs in the nBE. We're underdogs trying to take pride in our respective programs even though everyone else keeps kicking us down. We have to claw for every ounce of respect we get, and we have to be proud in the face of ridicule.

IMHO, we're united by our resilience. It's easy to be an Ohio State fan or an Alabama fan. It's hard being the program known for not filling up Nippert Stadium. It's hard being the lovable underdogs out in the middle of Idaho. It ain't easy being the last Carolina program anyone mention in a sentence, or the directional Florida school. How hard is it to stick with the program that got kicked out of the Big East, or the programs that were left for dead when the SWC broke apart?

It bugs me to see everyone around here going at each other's throats. Yeah, this conference is a mess right now, but it's what we've got. I just want to hope for the best and take pride in what we have right now. I can't wait to play the new guys and see how they fare against the UCs, USFs and UConns of the world. In the end, we're the only ones that lose when we piss on each other's parade. The guys in the SEC, B1G, P10, or ACC are laughing at us as we rip each other apart. I say don't give them the satisfaction.

Well said my friend.
12-12-2012 09:58 PM
Hoofbeat83 Offline
Bench Warmer

(12-12-2012 09:56 PM)MickMack Wrote:  I don't want to throw mud at some of the folks that have hitched a ride out of here, but I'm not going to hold my nose up at the guys around me. It's no secret that some of them have. I just won't do it. As a program, UC's had some decent success in recent years, but the simple fact is, if we were some superior program, we would have been long gone, and not the last kid (maybe) picked in gym class. UC is no different than most of the programs in the nBE. We're underdogs trying to take pride in our respective programs even though everyone else keeps kicking us down. We have to claw for every ounce of respect we get, and we have to be proud in the face of ridicule.

IMHO, we're united by our resilience. It's easy to be an Ohio State fan or an Alabama fan. It's hard being the program known for not filling up Nippert Stadium. It's hard being the lovable underdogs out in the middle of Idaho. It ain't easy being the last Carolina program anyone mention in a sentence, or the directional Florida school. How hard is it to stick with the program that got kicked out of the Big East, or the programs that were left for dead when the SWC broke apart?

Well said my friend.
12-12-2012 09:58 PM
Advertisement

aTxTIGER Offline
Carrot Dude Gave Me 10% Warning

I Root For: Fire Jose!!!!!

Donators
I dont have much experience with UCONN fans but UC fans have always been the bee's knees. I remember them coming to the CUSA/Great Midwest Conference tourneys in Memphis and being the best fans there.....classy, loud, and a good time.
12-12-2012 10:02 PM
sdsualum Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: SDSU

Divide and conquer. Any guesses as to who is doing the dividing? As long as we snip against each other we're falling right into their hands.
12-12-2012 10:04 PM
aTxTIGER Offline
Carrot Dude Gave Me 10% Warning

I Root For: Fire Jose!!!!!

Donators
(12-12-2012 10:04 PM)sdsualum Wrote:  

Divide and conquer. Any guesses as to who is doing the dividing? As long as we snip against each other we're falling right into their hands.

yup. ESPN reports and provides "opinion" on their own ongoing negotiations. What would anyone expect them to do.
12-12-2012 10:05 PM
JollyRoger13 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: The American

Bravo. I feel the exact same way. Well said, sir.
12-12-2012 10:05 PM
Fo Shizzle Offline

Balance of Power Contest
(12-12-2012 09:45 PM)UConn-SMU Wrote:  Thanks.

If your program is not looking to move forward...then it ain't worth your support...IMO UConn has done a hell of job. I hope our programs can suit it up on the gridiron in 2014.04-cheers
12-12-2012 10:09 PM
Advertisement

Fo Shizzle Offline

Balance of Power Contest

IMHO, we're united by our resilience. It's easy to be an Ohio State fan or an Alabama fan. It's hard being the program known for not filling up Nippert Stadium. It's hard being the lovable underdogs out in the middle of Idaho. It ain't easy being the last Carolina program anyone mentions in a sentence, or the directional Florida school. How hard is it to stick with the program that got kicked out of the Big East, or the programs that were left for dead when the SWC broke apart? Very.

This.01-ncaabbs
12-12-2012 10:10 PM
MickMack Offline
All American

Agree and disagree. There's no doubt the ESPNs of the world have played a role in all of this; however, I can't understand why we've decided to point the resentment over that at each other.
12-12-2012 10:16 PM
Fo Shizzle Offline

Balance of Power Contest

I welcome the chance to make a road trip to one of Americas best cities for a game. I expect I would plan a vacation around it. I have relatives in Cali that I rarely get to see. I for one hope like hell that all of this works out. I admit...at first I thought BSU and SDSU being in the BE was loony as hell. I get it now. I think it may be the best move the league could have made. That move may have paved the way for something very cool to happen.04-cheers
12-12-2012 10:17 PM
Comet Offline
All American

The new Big East has found their version of Mel Gibsons character from Brave Heart.
12-12-2012 10:20 PM
Fo Shizzle Offline

Balance of Power Contest
(12-12-2012 10:20 PM)Comet Wrote:  

The new Big East has found their version of Mel Gibsons character from Brave Heart.

Well...Let's hope we don't end up with the same fate as his character.03-lmfao
12-12-2012 10:21 PM
Advertisement

Comet Offline
All American

(12-12-2012 10:21 PM)Fo Shizzle Wrote:  

At this rate we might! But it's the message that matters.
12-12-2012 10:24 PM
MickMack Offline
All American

Clutching my UC hat as those "Big 5" bastards try to make me beg for mercy is a fate I'll happily embrace!! 04-rock
12-12-2012 10:26 PM
Fo Shizzle Offline

Balance of Power Contest
(12-12-2012 10:26 PM)MickMack Wrote:  

Clutching my UC hat as those "Big 5" bastards try to make me beg for mercy is a fate I'll happily embrace!! 04-rock

If you get torn in half?..which is the bear and which is the cat?05-stirthepot BTW...I don't ever want to run up on one of those.03-lmfao
12-12-2012 10:32 PM
uconnbaseball Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Divorce, Rivals
The Parliament Awards
Thanks. If UConn had a fun young innovative coach (which we could easily have with our $$$) I would enjoy the hell out of this conference. We don't, so playing unfamiliar opponents with a 65 year old corpse doesn't intrigue me.

It's not you; it's us.
12-13-2012 12:53 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.