Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

UT-UCLA thread on big east board
jml2010 Offline
Banned

I Root For: Tx Tech & UNT
UT-UCLA thread on big east board
http://csnbbs.com/showthread.php?tid=606476

My oh my, some people have a warped sense of reality. This is December in a football crazy state where BBall doesn't cross our radar until after the Super Bowl is played.

I would do it but I know it's a lost cause but some one needs to educate BE members on TV ratings in the city of Houston.05-mafia03-banghead

I would post the ratings again but why bother. Certain fans will see what they want to see to make themselves feel better about their place in college athletics.
(This post was last modified: 12-11-2012 12:26 PM by jml2010.)
12-11-2012 12:25 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

johnbragg Offline

I Root For: St Johns
RE: UT-UCLA thread on big east board
(12-11-2012 12:25 PM)jml2010 Wrote:  http://csnbbs.com/showthread.php?tid=606476

My oh my, some people have a warped sense of reality. This is December in a football crazy state where BBall doesn't cross our radar until after the Super Bowl is played.

I would do it but I know it's a lost cause but some one needs to educate BE members on TV ratings in the city of Houston.05-mafia03-banghead

I would post the ratings again but why bother. Certain fans will see what they want to see to make themselves feel better about their place in college athletics.

All that established, why exactly schedule a big non-conference matchup in a dome when it's predictable that no one shows up? Either have it on campus, or figure out how to have it in February.

And we do have a point (I assume, I haven't read that thread--it's not about my white-hot rage at my shortsighted leadership) about the long-term prospects of the new Big East schools in college basketball, when they are located firmly in college football country.
12-11-2012 12:32 PM
billetingman1 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Houston
(12-11-2012 12:25 PM)jml2010 Wrote:  http://csnbbs.com/showthread.php?tid=606476

I thought Football season was over until the 15th? Texas isn't playing a bowl game until when? All they could drum up was 2799 in Houston? I guess Texas was too busy stressing about Johnny Football Heisman.
12-11-2012 12:33 PM
GO Coogs GO!!! Offline
All American

Serious question here.

Since I don't know where/how you get this info (yes I trust what you post is legit not going there) would it be possible to get the ratings for the highest rated program on those channels for the year and or same time frame?

That would be a more accurate comparison to the point that some people are trying to make (about the limited exposure) on certain networks. Just making up an example but let’s say UH drew a .8 and the highest program of the year and or time frame is 1.0. It shows how crappy the carriage is versus saying one or more schools just suck and can't draw flies.

Just a thought.
(This post was last modified: 12-11-2012 12:50 PM by GO Coogs GO!!!.)
12-11-2012 12:47 PM

jml2010 Offline
Banned

(12-11-2012 12:33 PM)billetingman1 Wrote:  

I thought Football season was over until the 15th? Texas isn't playing a bowl game until when? All they could drum up was 2799 in Houston? I guess Texas was too busy stressing about Johnny Football Heisman.

For a BBall game in Dec in football crazy Texas. In case you hadn't notice, Texas still has HS football playoff games. Some people will grasp at straws. Oh well
12-11-2012 01:19 PM
Dr. Isaly von Yinzer Offline
All American

I Root For: Common Sense
(12-11-2012 01:19 PM)jml2010 Wrote:  For a BBall game in Dec in football crazy Texas. In case you hadn't notice, Texas still has HS football playoff games. Some people will grasp at straws. Oh well

So then why schedule it for that date? That is embarrassing no matter how one tries to frame it.
12-11-2012 01:21 PM
jml2010 Offline
Banned

(12-11-2012 12:47 PM)GO Coogs GO!!! Wrote:  

Serious question here.

Since I don't know where/how you get this info (yes I trust what you post is legit not going there) would it be possible to get the ratings for the highest rated program on those channels for the year and or same time frame?

That would be a more accurate comparison to the point that some people are trying to make (about the limited exposure) on certain networks. Just making up an example but let’s say UH drew a .8 and the highest program of the year and or time frame is 1.0. It shows how crappy the carriage is versus saying one or more schools just suck and can't draw flies.

Just a thought.

TV ratings come from the Houston Chronicle and they have been posted numerous times.
12-11-2012 01:21 PM

billetingman1 Offline
1st String

(12-11-2012 01:21 PM)Dr. Isaly von Yinzer Wrote:  
(12-11-2012 01:19 PM)jml2010 Wrote:  For a BBall game in Dec in football crazy Texas. In case you hadn't notice, Texas still has HS football playoff games. Some people will grasp at straws. Oh well

So then why schedule it for that date? That is embarrassing no matter how one tries to frame it.

Exactly! JML2010 always babbles same sh** every day, every week, all year long!
12-11-2012 01:23 PM
jml2010 Offline
Banned

(12-11-2012 01:21 PM)Dr. Isaly von Yinzer Wrote:  

I'm not a Texas fan and I have no idea why they did it but I find it laughable. It's grasping at straws. Like I told Cal, if you care about BBall in Nov & Dec, move to the NE or Midwest where they actually care about that sport.
(This post was last modified: 12-11-2012 01:27 PM by jml2010.)
12-11-2012 01:25 PM
GO Coogs GO!!! Offline
All American

(12-11-2012 01:21 PM)jml2010 Wrote:  TV ratings come from the Houston Chronicle and they have been posted numerous times.

I know that much but it would be interesting to see a complete breakdown of each networks programming. Not just what the chronicle reports.

Like say (well when it was still on Fox....) the Dan Patrick show drew X, UT v whomever Y, etc. etc.

That would bet a better representation of the point those people are trying to make.
12-11-2012 02:32 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2018 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.