UAB Blazers

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Middle Tennessee
KevMo4UAB Offline
#FreeUAB

I Root For: UAB
Middle Tennessee
Kermit Davis Jr's team is 5-2 on the young season. Their best victory was a 14-point win at UCF. Last Sunday they lost at Akron by 5 points.

KenPom.com rates Middle Tennessee as the 50th best team in the country right now. They are projected to be the best team in the Sun Belt, by far!

KenPom favors Middle Tennessee by 11 points, and gives them an 85% probability of victory over UAB.

They have six seniors on their team, and four juniors. No freshmen or sophomores are listed on their roster. They went 27-7 last season, beating Marshall and Tennessee in the NIT.

Marcos Knight (6-2 216) leads the way, followed by Shawn Jones (6-8 238). Their three-point shooters are Raymond Citron (6-0 198) and James Gallman (5-11 194). Citron is hitting 37% of his 3-pointers, while Gallman is hitting 57%.

Knight and Jones are the main players that end up at the free throw line. Knight is 83% while Jones is only 47%.
12-03-2012 10:12 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Memphis Blazer Offline
Nambie Pambie

I Root For:

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
RE: Middle Tennessee
So two of the six teams in the country that don't have freshman are playing each other.
12-03-2012 10:24 PM
the_blazerman Offline
Legend

Just realized that outside of Hoopy & KC, we are all juniors & seniors.
12-03-2012 10:27 PM
KevMo4UAB Offline
#FreeUAB

(12-03-2012 10:24 PM)Memphis Blazer Wrote:  So two of the six teams in the country that don't have freshman are playing each other.

Well, if Middle Tennessee has any freshmen or sophomores on their team, they haven't played in the first seven games. On the flip side, all ten seniors/juniors have played in every game.

QT, for UAB, has scored 4 points so far this season. He is 0-9 from 3-point land.
12-03-2012 10:39 PM
tibber Offline
1st String

I Root For:
BlazerTalk Award
Wasn't Kermit in the running when Mike Anderson left?
12-03-2012 10:48 PM
Advertisement

BlazeN'Bham Offline
All American

Its going to be another really long basketball season.
12-03-2012 11:19 PM
Memphis Blazer Offline
Nambie Pambie

I Root For:

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
(12-03-2012 11:19 PM)BlazeNBham Wrote:  Its going to be another really long basketball season.

November to March, same as always. Wish it was longer.
12-03-2012 11:29 PM
BlazeN'Bham Offline
All American

(12-03-2012 11:29 PM)Memphis Blazer Wrote:  
(12-03-2012 11:19 PM)BlazeNBham Wrote:  Its going to be another really long basketball season.

November to March, same as always. Wish it was longer.

Im not sure we can even make the NIT if we average 25 turnovers a game. Carelessness with the basketball. Hope they can fix that by Wednesday.
(This post was last modified: 12-03-2012 11:46 PM by BlazeN'Bham.)
12-03-2012 11:45 PM
Memphis Blazer Offline
Nambie Pambie

I Root For:

We don't average 25 turnovers a game. We average 16.5, which is just slightly higher than normal. Our opponents average 17.4, so we are on the plus side in turnover margin.

It will be a long season if you make up bad stats and bad mouth the team.
12-04-2012 12:25 AM
Advertisement

BlazeN'Bham Offline
All American

(12-04-2012 12:25 AM)Memphis Blazer Wrote:  We don't average 25 turnovers a game. We average 16.5, which is just slightly higher than normal. Our opponents average 17.4, so we are on the plus side in turnover margin.

Guess your still the only one allowed to give negative criticism. More than half of our turnovers are unforced.
12-04-2012 03:49 AM
blazers9911 Offline
Hall of Famer

Survivor Runner-up
(12-04-2012 03:49 AM)BlazeNBham Wrote:  
(12-04-2012 12:25 AM)Memphis Blazer Wrote:  We don't average 25 turnovers a game. We average 16.5, which is just slightly higher than normal. Our opponents average 17.4, so we are on the plus side in turnover margin.

Guess your still the only one allowed to give negative criticism. More than half of our turnovers are unforced.

Did you expect Haase to come in overnight turn this into a fast paced team? We aren't even half way through the season and you are already going to complain about the team? In case you haven't noticed, the schedule has been pretty tough, and the team has hung around in most the games. If UAB was losing every game by 30+ points and not even in it after 10 minutes, there would be reason for concern. I'm sure Haase is aware of the turnovers, and doing everything he knows to try and correct them. Let's get through at least half the season before we start worrying about what tournaments we will and won't make.
12-04-2012 08:39 AM
Matrix Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB, N'Western
What are they so far? 5-3? All things considered, I'd say they're doing alright. Conference play will be my personal measuring stick for them.
12-04-2012 09:04 AM
blazers9911 Offline
Hall of Famer

Survivor Runner-up
4-4(3-4 against D-1 teams) with the only bad loss coming against TCU.
12-04-2012 09:14 AM
Advertisement

LairDweller Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB #1/Iowa #2

I will point out that when MB criticizes, it's generally factual.

This reminds me of the problem with political debates...while your point may be valid (we turn the ball over too much), when you make up "facts" to support your point, people will focus on the fact that your fact is untrue...then whether or not your original point is valid becomes lost and irrelevant
12-04-2012 09:40 AM
Memphis Blazer Offline
Nambie Pambie

I Root For:

Show me where I am negative toward the team. I have said that I was disappointed in bench play, but I was not negative.
12-04-2012 10:10 AM
UAB?IAB Offline
Banned

I Root For: UAB_ASDD

MB does know his basketball and he's pretty spot on with his assessments.
12-04-2012 10:38 AM
FNblazer Offline
#freeuab

BlazerTalk Award
I will proclaim this OOC season as a true success if we finish with 9 wins (8 D1). In order to do so, we must win our 4 home games (which I believe we will do) and win one road game vs MT, Rutgers, or Dayton. Rutgers is the most statistically probable.

If we win this game Wednesday, it will more than make up for the TCU loss.
12-04-2012 10:57 AM
Advertisement

freeblazer Offline
1st String

I Root For:
(12-04-2012 10:10 AM)Memphis Blazer Wrote:  

Show me where I am negative toward the team. I have said that I was disappointed in bench play, but I was not negative.

There's really nothing wrong with negative criticism anyway. This is a message board after all. But I'm with you...at least use real facts to criticize. They are bad enough without embellishment.

I'm disappointed with the fading down the stretch, which may be (probably is) related to bench play. We just don't have enough depth to play this style yet, and when you get killed on the offensive boards it's impossible to win. We've given up too many ridiculous runs. 5-0 or 7-0 is one thing; basketball is a game of runs. But what happened in the Creighton and North Carolina games is what you can't have. I'm encouraged because we've played really well in stretches and hung around with good teams, but we have five or ten bad minutes that just kill us.

The good news is most teams we play from here on out won't have the talent to exploit our lack of depth. Either way, the future is brighter. This individual team may struggle, but I like Haase as a coach and I like him even more as a recruiter.
12-04-2012 11:02 AM
FNblazer Offline
#freeuab

BlazerTalk Award
The thing I like about Haase is the way he coaches from the floor. You could hear everything he was telling the guys during the TCU game since it was in an essentially empty gym. He seems to be a very good encourager and motivator and I think we'll be very pleased with the basketball we are playing in February and March.
12-04-2012 11:55 AM
thebernreuter Offline
in trouble

(12-04-2012 08:39 AM)blazers9911 Wrote:  Did you expect Haase to come in overnight turn this into a fast paced team?

Yes. Oopsies.
12-04-2012 12:10 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.