Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

In the future
Bookmark and Share
WarhawkReport Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: special teams
In the future
With La Tech going to CUSA, and the NO Bowl having a CUSA vs. SBC match-up; what are the chances this year's Indy Bowl scenario come about in the future?
12-03-2012 07:28 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Hilltopper2K Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: WKU!!!
RE: In the future
(12-03-2012 07:28 PM)WarhawkReport Wrote:  With La Tech going to CUSA, and the NO Bowl having a CUSA vs. SBC match-up; what are the chances this year's Indy Bowl scenario come about in the future?

I'd say pretty good. Independance bowl will want local teams to sell tickets.
12-03-2012 07:38 PM
Tom in Lazybrook Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: So Alabama, GWU
He's actually talking about a likely LTU-ULM matchup in the New Orleans Bowl.

Actually, a very good point. You know CUSA might be losing one of their bowl tie ins and not get a replacement.

Next year, the New Orleans Bowl has to take the champion (they are required to take it once every three years).

I'm sure that the NO Bowl would LOVE to have an instate matchup that is likely to fill hotel rooms.

But you know what, La Tech would not be able to credibly turn that down after what happened this year. Its not likely to happen next year. But it could happen in the future. I actually see it as likely within 5 years.

Next years CUSA lineup. UTSA (not fully eligible for a bowl), ODU (not eligible) Rice, UAB, USM, Tulsa, UTEP, La Tech, FIU, UNT and Marshall. It remains to be seen if MTSU and FAU can get out of the Belt next year (I'm betting that they wont). I'm not sure they're gonna be able to fill their bowl slots again.

But ULM, you're gonna have to earn it on the field. If Western/Troy/stAte wins the conference, they're going to New Orleans.
(This post was last modified: 12-03-2012 07:45 PM by Tom in Lazybrook.)
12-03-2012 07:41 PM
Advertisement

MTowho Offline
1st String

I Root For: MiddleTennessee
(12-03-2012 07:41 PM)Tom in Lazybrook Wrote:  Next years CUSA lineup. UTSA (not fully eligible for a bowl), ODU (not eligible) Rice, UAB, USM, Tulsa, UTEP, La Tech, FIU, UNT and Marshall. It remains to be seen if MTSU and FAU can get out of the Belt next year (I'm betting that they wont). I'm not sure they're gonna be able to fill their bowl slots again.

Just FYI - ECU and Tulane are still in CUSA next year. ODU doesn't join in football until 2014.
12-03-2012 07:43 PM
Tom in Lazybrook Offline
Hall of Famer

(12-03-2012 07:43 PM)MTowho Wrote:  
(12-03-2012 07:41 PM)Tom in Lazybrook Wrote:  Next years CUSA lineup. UTSA (not fully eligible for a bowl), ODU (not eligible) Rice, UAB, USM, Tulsa, UTEP, La Tech, FIU, UNT and Marshall. It remains to be seen if MTSU and FAU can get out of the Belt next year (I'm betting that they wont). I'm not sure they're gonna be able to fill their bowl slots again.

Just FYI - ECU and Tulane are still in CUSA next year. ODU doesn't join in football until 2014.

Thanks for the heads up on that. So 5 or 6 bowl slots for CUSA (When do you guys lose the Liberty Bowl). ECU, Tulsa, Marshall, La Tech would be the likely candidates.
12-03-2012 07:47 PM
Advertisement

NBPirate Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Georgetown

Eh, that's debatable right now
12-03-2012 07:54 PM
Cajunman02 Offline
All American

I Root For: Louisiana
CrappiesCrappies
We all know that Tech is capable of turning down bowl invites to avoid ULM. I wouldn't put it past them to try and put a strong hold on the CUSA front office to make sure they are never matched up against us or ULM in any bowl game. Who knows, they may rather stay at home again...
12-03-2012 08:00 PM
Advertisement

Hilltopper2K Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: WKU!!!
(12-03-2012 07:41 PM)Tom in Lazybrook Wrote:  He's actually talking about a likely LTU-ULM matchup in the New Orleans Bowl.

Yes, I knew that but I typed Independance bowl. Brain fart.
12-03-2012 08:04 PM
Tom in Lazybrook Offline
Hall of Famer

(12-03-2012 08:00 PM)Cajunman02 Wrote:  We all know that Tech is capable of turning down bowl invites to avoid ULM. I wouldn't put it past them to try and put a strong hold on the CUSA front office to make sure they are never matched up against us or ULM in any bowl game. Who knows, they may rather stay at home again...

I think that the Big East might make a fine conference partner for CUSA's New Orleans Bowl slot if they try that again. They've played this stuff with the Independence Bowl twice.
12-03-2012 08:06 PM
Advertisement

InjunJohn Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: ULM
(12-03-2012 08:00 PM)Cajunman02 Wrote:  We all know that Tech is capable of turning down bowl invites to avoid ULM. I wouldn't put it past them to try and put a strong hold on the CUSA front office to make sure they are never matched up against us or ULM in any bowl game. Who knows, they may rather stay at home again...

let's just see what Tech does next year. I think they lose about 40% of their team (over 30 seniors). They may not have a reason to turn down a bowl game!! 04-cheers
12-04-2012 06:31 AM
Vobserver Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: Louisiana
(12-04-2012 06:31 AM)InjunJohn Wrote:  

let's just see what Tech does next year. I think they lose about 40% of their team (over 30 seniors). They may not have a reason to turn down a bowl game!! 04-cheers

They lose 31 seniors, probably their coach, and their AD just handed the keys to the recruiting car to UL, ULM and ASU. [and UNT, if they can figure out how to start a car]
(This post was last modified: 12-04-2012 09:21 AM by Vobserver.)
12-04-2012 09:20 AM
AlaIllTex Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: South Ala

Are they? If MT and FAU can leave next year. Why can't ECU and Tulane?
12-04-2012 09:26 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.