Water Engineer

I Root For:

1. Michael Ricks, CB, R.A. Hubbard (Courtland Al) 6’2
12-17-2004 11:12 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Rabid_BAMA_Fan Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

Powers committed to the barn over the weekend. Good! I had rather have Chris Rogers anyway, he's 6'0" where Powers is 5' 9". Both run a 4.5 40.
12-20-2004 11:20 AM
Rabid_BAMA_Fan Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

Bama has added number 22 to the list of recruits for 2005.

Clarence Ward from Pensacola Fl (Pensacola HS) and from there the info is a little skewed. Rivals.com has him listed at 6' 1" 175lbs, 4.44/40. Scout.com has him listed as 5' 11" 175lbs, 4.64/40. He has a different 40 time at every combine, or camp he has attended. He has ran the 40 at 4.44, and he has ran it in 4.78. However, both recruiting sites agree that he's a very good catch for the Tide. Scout.com has him ranked at number 13 (4 stars) in the country, and rivals has him at number 25. (3 statrs)

Bio: Led team to state championship (16-0) as a junior and a 13-3 sophomore year. Recorded 93 tackles, 5 interceptions and 4 fumble recoveries (3 defensive touchdowns) as a junior.

scouting report:Kid plays better than his forty speed indicates. Has good instincts and can break on the ball in a hurry. Projects as a free safety. Will play both FS and QB in his final season at La Marque.

His HS coach also stated that Ward is always around the ball, and he (Ward) was such an athlete, that he had to play him on both sides of the ball.

Ward chose the Tide over FSU, LSU, OU, Ole Miss, Miss St., Southern Miss, and Texas A&M. Ward was an early commit to LSU, but changed his mind recently after visiting other Universities, and moving to Florida to play his senior season.

Additional information: Ward (6-foot-1, 175 pounds) received an official offer and accepted after playing in the Emerald Coast All-Star Game on Friday night. Playing for the South team, Ward was named the defensive MVP after he had two interceptions, returning one for a 50-yard touchdown.
12-21-2004 11:47 AM
Rabid_BAMA_Fan Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

Chris Keys is expected to commit to Bama tonight, if he can contact a coach...."I just got off the phone with Chris Keys....he is commiting to Bama...but, has not reached the Alabama coaches as of yet. " This according to Bma Mag.

A quarterback in high school, Keyes prefers to play safety on the next level, but with his size could make a standout linebacker as well. Keyes is also a good student that should have no trouble qualifying. Last season Keys rushed for over 500 yards and 10 scores and threw for 790 yards and 7 touchdown passes. Defensively he had 57 tackles and seven interceptions. He bench presses 330 pounds, squats 500 and has a 39-inch vertical jump.
Keys: "I love to hit and I love contact. I'm real physical and I have a lot of experience. I want to get stronger and add some weight. I also want to run a faster 40."

Scouting Report:Keys has better quickness than speed and he has good speed. He shows great athletic ability with the football in his hands. He really caught my attention because you don’t expect someone this big to make the kind of plays he makes. Keys plays safety at the high school level and the first thing you notice is that he will really come up and strike you. Keys has linebacker size and that linebacker mentality but the speed of a safety. He sure covers a lot of ground once he recognizes the play. I was a little surprised at how well he “played
12-25-2004 10:14 PM

Rabid_BAMA_Fan Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

After announcing he would go ahead and take his visit to LSU last week, Keys has now decided to forego that visit, and says he is totally committed to the Tide.

Chris Rogers could be the next Bama commitment, and James Davis has Bama as his new leader after his official visit this week.
01-09-2005 04:36 PM
Rabid_BAMA_Fan Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

Jimmy Johns has committed to play football for the University Of Alabama. He is the number 18th ranked [duel threat] qb in the nation. He played his HS football at Brookhaven Mississippi. here are some of the key stats.

A top Mississippi quarterback who plays on a team loaded with top talent. Also a solid student in the classroom who will qualify academically.

Junior Stats - 86 of 160 passing for 1,443 yards and 18 touchdowns. Rushed 132 times for 820 yards and 7 touchdowns.
Junior Honors - Selected Best Offensive Player in Division 6-4A.

As a senior, Johns passed for over 1,400 yards and 16 touchdowns, and he added 950 yards rushing with 15 touchdowns.

Johns could play OLB, but says he isn't interested in playing defense, so he will get a shot at qb after this coming season, with the graduation of BC, the position will be wide open. The competition will be among Johns, Wilson, Barnes, and Guillon.

Johns is 6'2.5", 225, and runs a 4.7 40 time. Johns was also Mr. Football in the state of Mississippi.
01-10-2005 05:03 PM
Rabid_BAMA_Fan Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

Chris Rogers is the latest commitment to the University Of Alabama football team. He is a 6' 1", 175 lb, 4.5/40 cb from Lakeland Florida. As a jr. he had 75 tackles, 18 for a loss, 2 sacks, 10 ints, and 22 pass break ups. He also caught 13 passes for 365 yards, and scored 6 TD's. His senior year was less productive, due to opponents going away from him. He still managed 131 tackles, 4 ints, and 3 pass break ups. He also caught 2 passes as a WR, for 72 yards.

Rogers is known for his hitting. He reads the field well, and comes up to make big hits on opposing rb's, and wr's. He is projected to move to safety in college.

Rogers is ranked 33 best CB by scout.com, and 52nd by rivals.com.
01-12-2005 10:18 AM

dfarr Offline
Murse Practitioner

I Root For: UAB
BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award

you're talking to yourself.
01-15-2005 12:02 AM
UCrolltide36 Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

...and me.
01-15-2005 04:32 PM
REBstill Offline
All American

I Root For:

They all sound like good players but I don't ever count them for sure until Nat'l Signing Date...I've seen some of those that you thought for sure were in the bag go somewhere else and those you thought were lost end up signing. Good Luck to the Tide - I think Shula will get Bama back to where they want to be. (Looking for the same thing out of our new coach.)
01-22-2005 12:20 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2017 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.