rasheed jennings transferring to virginia
big loss in pitts backfield... will be a good player for the cavs
12-17-2005 01:15 AM
Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

SoCalPanther Offline
All American

I Root For: Pitt RPI

I'm one of the world's worst spellers but I'm sure the player would like to have his name spelled correctly: It's Rashad ........

We'll see if the rumor is confirmed by the PPG or Trib tomorrow but supposedly its because he wants to live closer to his family because of health issues (his family lives in VA).

I wish him good luck and his family good health.....

You're right though he will be sorely missed.
12-17-2005 04:00 PM
Jackson1011 Offline

I Root For:

04-jawdrop ....wow...that is suprising....thought the kid had a chance to be a pretty solid player @ Pitt

-- speaking of rbs....looks like Jason Gwaltney won't be back at WVU

Jackson
12-17-2005 05:39 PM
SF Husky Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UCONN

Jackson1011 Wrote:04-jawdrop ....wow...that is suprising....thought the kid had a chance to be a pretty solid player @ Pitt

-- speaking of rbs....looks like Jason Gwaltney won't be back at WVU

Jackson

U serious? Things got that bad? You will he will end up anywhere in the BE or is he gone? I know USC was interested in him. WVU with Steve Slaton is fine. He is a freaking stud and a steal.
12-17-2005 05:49 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Jackson1011 Offline

I Root For:

Quote:U serious? Things got that bad? You will he will end up anywhere in the BE or is he gone? I know USC was interested in him. WVU with Steve Slaton is fine. He is a freaking stud and a steal.

-- Right now...my guess is that he is headed for a junior college...from what I understand this kid just stopped going to class....its going to be hard for him to transfer to another D1 school with such poor grades

Jackson
12-17-2005 05:58 PM
Advertisement

Shannon Panther Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Pitt

Donators
Re: rasheed jennings transferring to virginia
animus Wrote:big loss in pitts backfield... will be a good player for the cavs

Supposedly his father is very sick. If so, I hope he recovers soon. Kevin Collier is a 4* running back who has an offer from USC. I wouldn't be suprised to see him win the job as a true freshman.
12-18-2005 01:15 AM
Shannon Panther Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Pitt

Donators

Jackson1011 Wrote:
Quote:U serious? Things got that bad? You will he will end up anywhere in the BE or is he gone? I know USC was interested in him. WVU with Steve Slaton is fine. He is a freaking stud and a steal.

-- Right now...my guess is that he is headed for a junior college...from what I understand this kid just stopped going to class....its going to be hard for him to transfer to another D1 school with such poor grades

Jackson

No offense Jackson but what is going on at WVU? Last year you had Pacman and Chris Henry who quit going to classes. Vince Beamer flunked out. Does RichRod have any kind of way to police this?
12-18-2005 01:17 AM
Jackson1011 Offline

I Root For:

Quote:No offense Jackson but what is going on at WVU? Last year you had Pacman and Chris Henry who quit going to classes. Vince Beamer flunked out. Does RichRod have any kind of way to police this?

-- I wouldn't group all of those situations together...Henry came to WVU as a non-qualifier...gettimg academically elgiable was always going to be a challenge...The rumor is (and a enough people have told me this that I believe it) that Henry was very close to being academically inelgiable for his junior yr....Personally....I think Henry knew during his last yr at WVU that he was going to the NFL when the season is over and like you said just stopped going to class

-- Jones is a different matter....from the outside looking in he seemed to consider long and hard whether he should stay in school or go pro...pac Man always said that if he wasn't going to go in the first round he would have been back at WVU...that leads me to believe that is grades were good enough for him to come back

-- The situation on Gwaltney is a lot more murky....from what I understand he not only stopped going to class...but also stopped going to physcial therapy to rehab his injury suffered in the Maryland game...I have never met the kid...and one has to be careful with all the rumors about him...but its sounds like to me he may suffer from a serious case of depression/homesickness....I'm sure having Steve Slaton step in and for fill all of Gwaltney's expectations didn't help matters

Jackson
12-18-2005 07:53 AM
kardphan Offline
1st String

I Root For:

Jackson1011 Wrote:
Quote:No offense Jackson but what is going on at WVU? Last year you had Pacman and Chris Henry who quit going to classes. Vince Beamer flunked out. Does RichRod have any kind of way to police this?

-- I wouldn't group all of those situations together...Henry came to WVU as a non-qualifier...gettimg academically elgiable was always going to be a challenge...The rumor is (and a enough people have told me this that I believe it) that Henry was very close to being academically inelgiable for his junior yr....Personally....I think Henry knew during his last yr at WVU that he was going to the NFL when the season is over and like you said just stopped going to class

-- Jones is a different matter....from the outside looking in he seemed to consider long and hard whether he should stay in school or go pro...pac Man always said that if he wasn't going to go in the first round he would have been back at WVU...that leads me to believe that is grades were good enough for him to come back

-- The situation on Gwaltney is a lot more murky....from what I understand he not only stopped going to class...but also stopped going to physcial therapy to rehab his injury suffered in the Maryland game...I have never met the kid...and one has to be careful with all the rumors about him...but its sounds like to me he may suffer from a serious case of depression/homesickness....I'm sure having Steve Slaton step in and for fill all of Gwaltney's expectations didn't help matters

Jackson

I think those type of instances happen on every team, we have been fortunate this year not to have any undisciplined guys. Most of our players understand that they are in school to get a education too. We used to have a problem with guys having off the field issues and not attending classes also. These are the things you get sometimes dealing with atheletes, especially football when you have to watch over 85 scholarship guys.
12-18-2005 08:11 AM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.