Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

I really hate that ECU is leaving
Bookmark and Share
MadEagle Offline
All American

I Root For: Southern Miss
I really hate that ECU is leaving
You guys are like our brothers! .... I can talk sh!t about you but if anyone else talks sh!t about you i'd kick their azz! ..... The Big East is taken the Battle of The Belle from us with Tulane, The Black and Blue Bowl from us with Memphis.. The always rugged and tough games against Houston and then our annual fight with our brother in Greenville with East Carolina....

I'm trying to stay positive but its really hard to get fired up about being in the new C-USA and that's no offense to the new teams that were already coming or MTSU or FAU .. It is just that Southern Miss has NONE .... "0" ..... History with any of those schools or with just about any other school in the conference now but La Tech and that rivalry just started back recently, the Marshall rivalry is still young as if the rivalry with Tulsa! ...

It jut f*$king sucks! 03-hissyfit
(This post was last modified: 11-28-2012 03:53 PM by MadEagle.)
11-28-2012 03:52 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

b0ndsj0ns Offline
Legend

I Root For: ECU
RE: I really hate that ECU is leaving
I'm pretty sure ECU-USM have been playing every year that I have been alive, or at least really close. The idea that there could be a year where USM isn't on our schedule somewhere bothers me deeply.
11-28-2012 03:54 PM
gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

Survivor Champion
+1 Madeagle.. We'll get through it.
goherd17 Offline
1st String

I Root For:
ECU and So miss are Marshall's only rival in conf and one of them is gone and yes it sux but Marshall So Miss and rest of leftover teams have to try and build the conf back up I hate what has happened to college football
MUHERD76 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marshall Thundering Herd
(11-28-2012 03:52 PM)MadEagle Wrote:  You guys are like our brothers! .... I can talk **** about you but if anyone else talks **** about you i'd kick their azz! ..... The Big East is taken the Battle of The Belle from us with Tulane, The Black and Blue Bowl from us with Memphis.. The always rugged and tough games against Houston and then our annual fight with our brother in Greenville with East Carolina....

I'm trying to stay positive but its really hard to get fired up about being in the new C-USA and that's no offense to the new teams that were already coming or MTSU or FAU .. It is just that Southern Miss has NONE .... "0" ..... History with any of those schools or with just about any other school in the conference now but La Tech and that rivalry just started back recently, the Marshall rivalry is still young as if the rivalry with Tulsa! ...

What really sucks is that with these two new additions, it likely means Southern Miss moves over to the west side. So now the yearly Marshall/USM game is probably over. Sucks. Cant believe this happened today.
11-28-2012 03:55 PM
cyc46 Offline
Eagle for Life!

I'd like a chance to kick Tulsa in the teeth ever year, bet that would be fun. So USM let's double down, put our chips on the table and show the west side of CUSA we (USM) are still holding a winning hand.
(This post was last modified: 11-28-2012 03:59 PM by cyc46.)
11-28-2012 03:58 PM
Advertisement

ECUPirated Offline
NAPALMINATOR

I Root For: American Rising
(11-28-2012 03:52 PM)MadEagle Wrote:  You guys are like our brothers! .... I can talk **** about you but if anyone else talks **** about you i'd kick their azz! ..... The Big East is taken the Battle of The Belle from us with Tulane, The Black and Blue Bowl from us with Memphis.. The always rugged and tough games against Houston and then our annual fight with our brother in Greenville with East Carolina....

I think I speak for many of us when I say we thoroughly understand your frustration. Most if not all of us feel the same way about you guys and all the ramifications realignment has had on CUSA.

+2 my friend. May we still have the opportunity to play far into the future.
(This post was last modified: 11-28-2012 04:01 PM by ECUPirated.)
11-28-2012 04:00 PM
PuddlePirate Offline
1st String

I Root For: inorganic groceries

Yep it sucks, it totally, completely sucks. No USM or Marshall conference games is the absolutely worst thing about this whole damned thing. I do not give two $hits about ANYONE in that conference
11-28-2012 04:07 PM
Purple n Gold Offline
No Quarter!

I Root For: East Carolina
Is there a open spot for USM on the OOC schedule in the years to come?
11-28-2012 04:08 PM
Kidstealth Offline
1st String

I Root For: UCF
Really wish we had all just hung together for another year. BE would have fallen apart in front of everyone and we could have had a big laugh over it and 04-cheers. Instead this bastard of a conference we are joining, CUSA is becoming some overgrown behemoth, and it just isn't very fun.

I'm sad about it, and I won't be a conference cheerleader for the BE but certainly a UCF fan. I already miss the old CUSA. 03-weeping
11-28-2012 04:11 PM
Smaug Offline
Happnin' Dude

I Root For: Dragons

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award

11-28-2012 04:12 PM
Advertisement

Old Dominion Navy Offline
The Lion King

I Root For: ODU SDSU
Join the club
11-29-2012 01:17 AM
PirateTreasureNC Offline
G's up, Ho's Down ; )

I Root For: ECU Pirates,
We'll get to play you in the Liberty Bowl
11-29-2012 01:20 AM
gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

Survivor Champion
(11-29-2012 01:20 AM)PirateTreasureNC Wrote:  We'll get to play you in the Liberty Bowl

Ah you'd have to win the BE first 05-stirthepot
11-29-2012 09:25 AM
gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

Survivor Champion
I'm going to be honest.. It sucks we're losing UCF, Houston, SMU, Tulane, Memphis, and ECU.. I'm not bitter though, at least they have a shot at making more money.. Am I jealous? Yep, but like all things, this too shall pass.
11-29-2012 09:45 AM
Topcard91 Offline
1st String

I Root For: ECU Pirates
We are all still on the outside looking in. There will ultimately be 4 16 team super conferences. And everyone of us that were in C-USA this year will be on the outside. There will be some teams that were in "BCS" conferences that will be on the outside.
11-29-2012 10:55 AM
Advertisement

Chappy Offline
Resident Goonie

I Root For: ECU
We're all still together in the so-called group of five!

I say we call it the Party of Five, lol.
11-29-2012 11:01 AM
JKMPirate78 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: ECU/Florida/AAC
I wish there was a way to get USM and Marshall in the Big East but hopefully we can still schedule out of conference. Too important to quit those games.
11-29-2012 11:02 AM
AndreWhere Offline
Banned

(11-29-2012 10:55 AM)Topcard91 Wrote:  We are all still on the outside looking in. There will ultimately be 4 16 team super conferences. And everyone of us that were in C-USA this year will be on the outside. There will be some teams that were in "BCS" conferences that will be on the outside.

Blah, blah, blah. Everybody says that so much that I don't believe it. It's like Y2K.
11-29-2012 11:07 AM
AndreWhere Offline
Banned

(11-29-2012 11:02 AM)JKMPirate78 Wrote:  I wish there was a way to get USM and Marshall in the Big East but hopefully we can still schedule out of conference. Too important to quit those games.

I don't think we should play you OOC. There has to be some kind of carrot to encourage you to let us in, and a stick if you don't. You want to play us OOC? You think you're big time now, so pay us like Arkansas or Nebraska and we'll talk.
11-29-2012 11:09 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.