Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Troy
Bookmark and Share
MT FAN Offline
All American

I Root For: Middle Tennesse
Troy
Enjoy sitting at home and watching us in our bowl.
11-24-2012 07:03 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

dahbeed Offline
Heisman

I Root For: wku toppahs!!!
RE: Troy
(11-24-2012 07:03 PM)MT FAN Wrote:  Enjoy sitting at home and watching us in our bowl.

that was mean.
11-24-2012 07:05 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ThreeifbyLightning Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Univ of Middle Tennessee
Too soon. I know it's been a while but act like you've been here before.
11-24-2012 07:05 PM
SpaceRaider Offline
All American

I Root For: MiddleTennessee
(11-24-2012 07:05 PM)ThreeifbyLightning Wrote:  ...act like you've been here before.

...it's been so long, have we been here before?

COGSCOGSCOGSCOGSCOGSCOGSCOGSCOGSCOGSCOGS
11-24-2012 07:25 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
LaserRaider Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: MTSU
Good game, Trojans
11-24-2012 07:31 PM
Atlanta Trojan Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: TROY
Well if I want to mean I could say how come u only beat us by 3 bairly with 6 turnover gifts from us?
11-24-2012 07:32 PM
Advertisement

chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
You guys have 5 hours 28 minutes left to celebrate...then the fun begins.
11-24-2012 07:32 PM
Atlanta Trojan Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

MTSU had 0 points that didn't come off a turnover!!!
11-24-2012 07:42 PM
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
(11-24-2012 07:42 PM)Atlanta Trojan Wrote:  MTSU had 0 points that didn't come off a turnover!!!

How do you punt off your own offensive lineman? Thats something ASU hasnt even figured out how to do yet...
11-24-2012 07:43 PM
PcbTrojan Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Troy
(11-24-2012 07:42 PM)Atlanta Trojan Wrote:  MTSU had 0 points that didn't come off a turnover!!!

Don't take anything away from them. That is how you win. Apparently their staff did a better job at turning things around this year compared to last. We suck plain and simple until changes are made. But we know thats not going to happen.
11-24-2012 07:45 PM
MTowho Offline
1st String

AND WE WON. And yes, your band was there. And yes, our attendance sucked. Who gives a ****.
11-24-2012 08:55 PM
Advertisement

Burn the Horse Offline
I'm Watching You

Good game Raiders. Now you have kept us sitting at home watching the bowl season from the couch. Now our rivalry heats up, because there is hate coming from both directions again.
11-24-2012 08:58 PM
johndavidblue Offline
2nd String

I Root For: MTSU
There hasn't been a MT-TROY rivalry since 2005. You guys have whooped us handidly since then. I can't believe with all of the turnovers, we only won by 3, but I'll take it. Good game Trojans...

That was the second coldest game I've ever attended...thawed out during the basketball game...

(11-24-2012 08:58 PM)Burn the Horse Wrote:  Good game Raiders. Now you have kept us sitting at home watching the bowl season from the couch. Now our rivalry heats up, because there is hate coming from both directions again.
11-25-2012 12:42 AM
arkstfan Away
Sorry folks

I Root For: Fresh Starts
My opinion for what little it is worth.

I'm basically happy with this outcome for a few reasons.

#1. I had Troy tabbed at 5-7 or worse so being right never hurts my feelings unless I predict something bad for stAte.
#2. A Troy win would have taken us to 72 eligible with two more having a shot. If Troy had made it, the Sun Belt would have had one or two teams sit. We really don't need that to cap what has been an attention grabbing season. As it stands we may yet have one sit.
#3. The most oft repeated and WRONG cliche in sports is that winning takes care of everything. Winning gives you chance to take care of everything but if you aren't marketing, building, pushing, and trying to get better winning doesn't do much. UNT squandered the opportunities 2001-2004 presented. I feel like Troy wasn't aggressive in building on 2006-2010. Part of that was adminstrative, whether it was the AD or the president not working harder to build off the winning in attendance and fund-raising. Part of it rested on Blakeney, I never felt he had a vision beyond win the conference and get a bowl trip. I felt the attitude was "mission accomplished" rather than "OK, check that off the accomplishment list, how do we become a Top 25 team, how do we become a BCS buster?" Troy has taken step one hiring a new AD who presumably has been tasked with building attendance and increasing revenue. Now the question is can Troy part ways with a coach who won 8 conference titles in 14 years of being in a conference? Do you pull the plug on a guy who is 2-3 in bowls but two of the losses were in OT? Are two down years enough to pull the trigger when he has had only 6 losing seasons in 22 years? Will Troy fire a guy who has a 0.631 winning percentage? Even if you just look at FBS seasons, still a 0.519 winning percentage. I think losing to MTSU puts a tough decision in front of Troy and watching to see the response is probably going to be the most interesting non-realignment off-season Sun Belt football story.
(This post was last modified: 11-25-2012 02:12 AM by arkstfan.)
11-25-2012 02:12 AM
GoApps70 Offline

I Root For: Appalachian St.
Still trying to figure out how you turn the ball over at the two yard line and MTSU runs 98 yards and scores the very next play. Kind of figure those Troy faithfull calling for a new DC are right on.
11-25-2012 02:56 AM
PcbTrojan Offline
Water Engineer

(11-25-2012 02:12 AM)arkstfan Wrote:  My opinion for what little it is worth.

I'm basically happy with this outcome for a few reasons.

#1. I had Troy tabbed at 5-7 or worse so being right never hurts my feelings unless I predict something bad for stAte.
#2. A Troy win would have taken us to 72 eligible with two more having a shot. If Troy had made it, the Sun Belt would have had one or two teams sit. We really don't need that to cap what has been an attention grabbing season. As it stands we may yet have one sit.
#3. The most oft repeated and WRONG cliche in sports is that winning takes care of everything. Winning gives you chance to take care of everything but if you aren't marketing, building, pushing, and trying to get better winning doesn't do much. UNT squandered the opportunities 2001-2004 presented. I feel like Troy wasn't aggressive in building on 2006-2010. Part of that was adminstrative, whether it was the AD or the president not working harder to build off the winning in attendance and fund-raising. Part of it rested on Blakeney, I never felt he had a vision beyond win the conference and get a bowl trip. I felt the attitude was "mission accomplished" rather than "OK, check that off the accomplishment list, how do we become a Top 25 team, how do we become a BCS buster?" Troy has taken step one hiring a new AD who presumably has been tasked with building attendance and increasing revenue. Now the question is can Troy part ways with a coach who won 8 conference titles in 14 years of being in a conference? Do you pull the plug on a guy who is 2-3 in bowls but two of the losses were in OT? Are two down years enough to pull the trigger when he has had only 6 losing seasons in 22 years? Will Troy fire a guy who has a 0.631 winning percentage? Even if you just look at FBS seasons, still a 0.519 winning percentage. I think losing to MTSU puts a tough decision in front of Troy and watching to see the response is probably going to be the most interesting non-realignment off-season Sun Belt football story.

You nailed it as usual. Lord forbid if you say anything about our d coordinator. This year may break the camels back I hope. The new AD is not content with the past attitudes of oh well, build and they will come. I have seen more communication coming out of the AD department over the past month than over the past four years. I believe we have the best AD we have had since Johnny Williams. The AD who brought us up from 1AA. Coach B has had to change things in the past. He brought in Tony Franklin. I hope he has the fortitude to bring in a new d coordinator. If not it will be more of what happened at FSU with Bowden. I hope that doen't happen. He has been too good of a coach for that.
11-25-2012 08:43 AM
Advertisement

TrojanNation Offline
Special Teams

Enjoy it.

As we saw with the chapionship run, all good things must come to an end.

Defense played a very good game- minus the the 98 yard rush after the fumble. Outside of the 2 big plays in the 1st half we only gave up 150 yards or so.

Offense played a decent game. We had close to 500 yards but having 5 turnovers and a "blocked" punt won't win you any games. Not sure how many dropped passes we had, but the drop on 4th down really hurt. The fumble on the 2 yard line, and the pick 6 is what sealed the game.

With 5 turnovers we deserved to lose that game.

Enjoy it now, becuase the palladium will be back inside the Walls of TROY to stay next year.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL THE SBC TEAMS GOING BOWLING THIS YEAR!
(This post was last modified: 11-25-2012 05:29 PM by TrojanNation.)
11-25-2012 05:25 PM
Atlanta Trojan Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

(11-25-2012 02:56 AM)GoApps70 Wrote:  Still trying to figure out how you turn the ball over at the two yard line and MTSU runs 98 yards and scores the very next play. Kind of figure those Troy faithfull calling for a new DC are right on.

Already in the works bud.
11-25-2012 05:27 PM
SpaceRaider Offline
All American

(11-25-2012 05:27 PM)Atlanta Trojan Wrote:  
(11-25-2012 02:56 AM)GoApps70 Wrote:  Still trying to figure out how you turn the ball over at the two yard line and MTSU runs 98 yards and scores the very next play. Kind of figure those Troy faithfull calling for a new DC are right on.

The DC is to blame for the FIVE turnovers????
11-25-2012 05:29 PM
TrojanNation Offline
Special Teams

(11-25-2012 05:29 PM)SpaceRaider Wrote:  
(11-25-2012 05:27 PM)Atlanta Trojan Wrote:  

The DC is to blame for the FIVE turnovers????

Its the HATRED of the DC spewing over.

He called a GREAT game this week. We only gave up 24 points this week, but nobody wants acknowlege the great job the D did (outside of the long TD run) because they are aftraid that it might have been enough to save his job.

--Don't get me wrong, I believe a change is neccesary, but lets give credit where credit is due!
(This post was last modified: 11-25-2012 05:32 PM by TrojanNation.)
11-25-2012 05:32 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.