Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Could this damage us in any way?
Grammar-Nazi Offline
Grammar police

I Root For: UAB

Folding@NCAAbbs
Could this damage us in any way?
http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketba...h-carolina

Things may be about to get very bad for North Carolina. Let's hope our new coach isn't implicated in any way.
11-18-2012 05:42 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

LairDweller Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB #1/Iowa #2
RE: Could this damage us in any way?
it seems to me that the ncaa usually hammers schools and leave alone the coaches/people who were responsible, as long as theyve already left (see john calipari). im not saying that i think CJH is responsible, but either way, i doubt it touches him
11-18-2012 05:46 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
the_blazerman Offline
Legend

I don't see how they could punish UNC & turn a blind eye to what Crapalelli is doing at Kentucky.

Or even ignore what is going on 50 miles to UAB's west.

Do they really want to open up a big can of worms?

If they go that route, I don't believe too many institutions would pass the test.
11-18-2012 05:49 PM
Advertisement

Memphis Blazer Offline
Nambie Pambie

I Root For:

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
From what I have read, the stuff involving basketball goes back much further than when Haase and Williams was there. The no show classes stopped in 2009. Sounds like the scandal is not coach specific but was a part of The Universityy. It is also nothing that many other schools don't do either.
11-18-2012 06:00 PM
WesternBlazer Online
Hall of Famer

(11-18-2012 06:00 PM)Memphis Blazer Wrote:  From what I have read, the stuff involving basketball goes back much further than when Haase and Williams was there. The no show classes stopped in 2009. Sounds like the scandal is not coach specific but was a part of The Universityy. It is also nothing that many other schools don't do either.

20 years...

"A current university employee and former academic liaison to North Carolina players spoke out about the school's disturbing, nearly 20-year pattern of academic leniency with athletes that often floated into the fraudulent realm."
(This post was last modified: 11-18-2012 06:37 PM by WesternBlazer.)
11-18-2012 06:37 PM
BlazerPhil Offline
Administrator of Comedy

I Root For: Birmingham U.
Folding@NCAAbbs
The NCAA isn't about to punish one of CBS Sports' poster children. Look for Miami or Clemson to get hammered over this.
11-19-2012 11:14 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.