Kent State Golden Flashes

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Chicago St. @ Kent State
fallsdog Offline
All American

I Root For: Kent State
Chicago St. @ Kent State
The Joe Cipriano Nebraska Classic opens up on Friday night as the Cougars of Chicago State pay a visit to the MAC Center. Chicago State is 1-1 with a win over Concordia Chicago and a loss to Green Bay. They will play a tough schedule this season with games at Notre Dame, DePaul, Oregon State, Ohio State and UNLV. Last year's squad was 4-26 with two wins over Houston Baptist.

The Cougars do have some size. 6'9 senior Jeremy Robinson has scored 17 points in both games while 6'8 junior Matt Ross is averaging 12 points and 7 boards through two.

This game should serve as a tune - up for Valpo on Sunday. But, KSU has plenty to figure out and every win is precious.

I'll go with a best case scenario here in which Randal Holt plays less than 25 minutes, Chris Evans takes it to whoever Chicago State throws at him and the Flashes play some walls out defense.

Kent State 68
Chicago St. 54
(This post was last modified: 11-15-2012 08:23 AM by fallsdog.)
11-15-2012 08:21 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

JSF Offline
Rich, Good Looking, Has a Rapist Wit

I Root For: World Peace
RE: Chicago St. @ Kent State
Nebraska Classic in Ohio? You crazy corn people...

Chicago State is one of the worst programs in the country, just like every year. Pomeroy has the Flashes winning by 21.
11-15-2012 08:25 AM
joepa66 Offline
1st String

Agreed that Chicago State is an also-ran program. They get some nice athletes but really haven't put together a "program" capable of winning anything. However, they are the type of team you just can't let hang around and get any ideas about winning. We should see lot's of guys playing Friday night and it will be good considering the "heavy" schedule coming up.
11-15-2012 02:36 PM
fallsdog Offline
All American

JSF,

I don't care what Pomeroy has to say about the spread nor do I care about the opinion that Chicago State is a poor program. This Kent State team needs to learn to win. If the Flashes beat the Cougars by 30, great. If the good guys win by 2 in triple overtime, fine with me. While some fan bases are doing game by game predictions that create 14-2 scenarios, and others are holding tightly to their "at large" resume, this fan base is looking for early season growth.
(This post was last modified: 11-15-2012 05:33 PM by fallsdog.)
11-15-2012 05:32 PM
JSF Offline

OK? I was just giving some information on Chicago State. It should be an easy win.
11-16-2012 06:01 AM
Advertisement

axeme Offline
Sage

I Root For: hoops

Folding@NCAAbbsDonatorsCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies
I don't believe there is any such animal as an "easy win" that doesn't require really playing hard. It might be a blowout, but only because the better team is busting its collective ass. Worse teams than Chicago St. have beaten better teams than KSU many times before.
(This post was last modified: 11-16-2012 07:49 AM by axeme.)
11-16-2012 07:49 AM
fallsdog Offline
All American

As you know, I just like to keep the Ozone® levels in check
11-16-2012 08:03 AM
JSF Offline

True. When I say "easy win," I mean put away early and generally not competitive.
11-16-2012 09:04 AM
AlphaFlash Offline
All American

I Root For: Kent St. & UNC
Nice lead in the first half. Haven't we had free throw problems since JC was on the sidelines?
11-16-2012 07:32 PM
Advertisement

AlphaFlash Offline
All American

I Root For: Kent St. & UNC
I'm guessing everyone's at the game. Wish I were there.
Great show by the Flashes. Some nice dunks, ugly free throws. Great plays on both D & O.
11-16-2012 08:44 PM
anti-zip Offline
All American

I Root For: kent state!
The big thing I took away from this game is, this is not last year's team. Unlike last year's team this one didn't play to the level of the opponent.
11-17-2012 01:54 AM
dannyb73 Offline
MAC CHAMPS

I Root For: Mem & Kent St
Not that I wasn't thrilled to see the score, I didn't get to watch/listen much. I took my 6 year old son to see the #14 ranked recruit in the nation who plays at his HS, who also signed his LOI yesterday to become a Memphis Tiger. And now this game is in my rear view mirror and I am focused on football. Hoping and praying today is a great day for the KSU faithful.
11-17-2012 08:24 AM
GoFlashes7 Offline
1st String

Yeah, it was nice to see the entire bench get minutes and not burn out Holt/Evans, as Valpo is a much tougher opponent on Sunday.
11-17-2012 11:22 AM
Advertisement

joepa66 Offline
1st String

I happened to have very good seats for this game, like right on the baseline, and until midway through the first half we were very slow and not hustling on defense. We were always a rotation too slow, but then we woke up!

It was great to see the whole lineup get "exercised" and find contributions from other guys who will be important as the season moves deeper and into MAC play. I can tell you this, these young guys play hard but it still seems that we are---aside from the MANley game Dev had last night---still struggling with outside shooting. That's why it was huge for Manley (20pts/6-8 3ptsers), Pope (10 pts.), Morris (5pts. 5 rebs/ and some good D, he plays beyond his years) to step up. And, don't forget Henny, he had 11 big points and played the most aggressive game I've seen him play inside.

The guys who really need a push right now are Spicer, Tabb and Goodson. Spicer and Tabb have to learn to play with strength and look to score, and Goodson has to learn even though he is strong, those biggies inside are gonna swat him when he comes in there.

Practice Free Throws....particularly outside of practice.....11/28 for 38%? YUCK! We won't win may close games or be able to put teams away without them.....
11-17-2012 01:17 PM
Kent 76 Offline
All American

I Root For:
Joepa66, not that it is important, but I see that another walk-on, Dunning, didn't play. Is he still with the team, i.e. did he dress?
11-17-2012 03:42 PM
joepa66 Offline
1st String

(11-17-2012 03:42 PM)Kent 76 Wrote:  Joepa66, not that it is important, but I see that another walk-on, Dunning, didn't play. Is he still with the team, i.e. did he dress?

Shakir had knee surgery and is wearing a brace and walking with crutches but did sit at the end of the bench.
(This post was last modified: 11-17-2012 04:54 PM by joepa66.)
11-17-2012 04:13 PM
Kent 76 Offline
All American

I Root For:
OK, thanks. He's not a bad player.
11-17-2012 04:52 PM
GoFlashes7 Offline
1st String

Wow, solid win by KSU, but man do they need to improve their focus at the free throw line. I saw a lot of the youngsters hurrying throught their routines and not focusing on every free throw. I sure hope the coaching staff forces the importance of free throws onto this young team.
11-17-2012 06:12 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.