Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

First D1 Game @ San Diego Tonight!
Bookmark and Share
FearTheNorse92 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: NKU
First D1 Game @ San Diego Tonight!
Who all is excited for the game tonight? Post your thoughts on what happens here.
11-14-2012 07:46 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

FearTheNorse Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: NKU, OSU FB
RE: First D1 Game @ San Diego Tonight!
(11-14-2012 07:46 PM)FearTheNorse92 Wrote:  Who all is excited for the game tonight? Post your thoughts on what happens here.

Watching, it's definitely interesting. Lack of size seems to be a problem. Todd Johnson has been impressive though. Been hanging tough with this team, hopefully they begin to move the ball vertically instead of just passing it around behind the 3pt line.
11-14-2012 10:53 PM
Advertisement

FearTheNorse Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: NKU, OSU FB
65-61 San Diego. NKU gave up the lead late but overall a nice effort. Jones looked good. Billups was huge not only in that he's the only reliable post scorer on this team, but that he's so foul prone. Glaring hole on the team this season is the lack of size. Also, freshman Johnson looked like a pretty decent player.. Plus I wanted to see some of Tyler White but Coach B didn't play him for some reason. Oh well.

Overall solid effort. Would have been huge to pull off the win but it is what it is. On to Tulsa!
(This post was last modified: 11-15-2012 12:22 AM by FearTheNorse.)
11-15-2012 12:21 AM
FearTheNorse92 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: NKU
Yeah Overall I was pretty impressed with their performance. The lack of inside scoring and rebounding is disappointing but not unexpected. I think we all know NKU is going to live and die by the 3 ball which has sort of become a staple of the program as far as I can remember although Nealy was a nice presence inside last year. Todd Johnson was a big surprise in this game although I thought he looked impressive at Black and Gold Madness. So overall I think these are the strengths and weaknesses of the Norse this year.

Strengths-

Team Play- They seemed very willing to pass and play together rather than rely on one guy (probably more because we dont have that go to guy yet).

Three Point Shooting- They did not hit them at a great percentage last night but they definitely showed they have a couple of guys who can hit them.

Forcing Turnovers - They grabbed quite a few steals and had a few blocks. It seems like they are pretty active on defense. They also managed to hold San Diego to far fewer shots than us.

Weaknesses-

Inside Presence- We got out rebounded by 10 last night and really struggled to get the ball inside. We are pretty undersized so Its going to be a struggle all year. Billups shows some promise but was in foul trouble all game.

Fouls- San Diego got almost a 3rd of their points of free throws last night. Chad Jackson and Jalen Billups fouled out of this game. If we want to be able to compete this season we need to be a bit more disciplined. That being said the officiating was not very consistent and hurt both teams.

There are probably a few other things they could improve on but thats all I could thing off of the top of my head. All in all it was a solid game despite the lose and was much better than I was expecting for our first D1 game!
(This post was last modified: 11-15-2012 03:29 PM by FearTheNorse92.)
11-15-2012 03:27 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.