Kent State Golden Flashes

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Bowling Green Roll Call...
shakermaker05 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: ϟ KENT STATE ϟ
Bowling Green Roll Call...
Just wondering, any of you guys going?? Not even 3 hours from Kent and a chance that we clinch the East! For any of you who have season tix don’t forget you get a free conference away game ticket through Kent. I just contacted the ticket office and was told they have to put in a request to get these tix from BG and are preparing to do so, so if you wanna go this route hurry. They seemed like they were gonna try to get mine even though I requested pretty late lol

Also, I was advised while speaking to the ticket office that they are doing a promo where tickets and a shuttle from Dix to BG is $31.00 per person which seems like a pretty good deal for anyone looking to avoid driving and parking fees. Hoping to see a lot Blue & Gold on Saturday- Lets witness history!!!!!!!!
11-12-2012 12:15 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

thanksjim Offline
All American

I Root For: KSU
RE: Bowling Green Roll Call...
Myself and +1...Go Flashes!
11-12-2012 01:02 PM
FlashFan Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Kent State
Have to allocate my travel to the MACC and our Bowl game. Will be watching. And cheering!
11-12-2012 01:09 PM
shakermaker05 Offline
Special Teams

(11-12-2012 01:09 PM)FlashFan Wrote:  Have to allocate my travel to the MACC and our Bowl game. Will be watching. And cheering!

Understandable! I had myself talked out of going and then watched the Miami game and pretty much convinced myself that I wouldn't be able to go on living knowing I didn't see them possibly clinch the MAC. I wish I had your will power lol

Jim, good to hear that you're gunna cameo! Have you ever been there?? Just wondering what the layout is- plenty of stadium space to tailgaite??
(This post was last modified: 11-12-2012 03:36 PM by shakermaker05.)
11-12-2012 03:30 PM
FlashFan Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Kent State
(11-12-2012 03:30 PM)shakermaker05 Wrote:  
(11-12-2012 01:09 PM)FlashFan Wrote:  Have to allocate my travel to the MACC and our Bowl game. Will be watching. And cheering!

Understandable! I had myself talked out of going and then watched the Miami game and pretty much convinced myself that I wouldn't be able to live with myself not going and seeing them possibly clinch lol I wish I had your will power lol

Jim good to hear that you're gunna cameo! Have you ever been there?? Just wondering what the layout is- plenty of stadium space to tailgiate??

Given my schedule, it would require a flight to somewhere ( Hopkins? Toledo?) out and back all on Saturday. Can't make it happen, although I thought about it. Just consoling myself that I'll be at Ford Field if the Flashes are there.
11-12-2012 03:37 PM
shakermaker05 Offline
Special Teams

(11-12-2012 03:37 PM)FlashFan Wrote:  
(11-12-2012 03:30 PM)shakermaker05 Wrote:  

Understandable! I had myself talked out of going and then watched the Miami game and pretty much convinced myself that I wouldn't be able to live with myself not going and seeing them possibly clinch lol I wish I had your will power lol

Jim good to hear that you're gunna cameo! Have you ever been there?? Just wondering what the layout is- plenty of stadium space to tailgiate??

Given my schedule, it would require a flight to somewhere ( Hopkins? Toledo?) out and back all on Saturday. Can't make it happen, although I thought about it. Just consoling myself that I'll be at Ford Field if the Flashes are there.

Awwwwwww, yeah didn't realize a flight was involved lol. It's just a drive for me, but things are getting expensive this fall as I did Kentucky-Kent in September, then took in a game at Virginia Tech (Bowling Green played them actually) and then Marshall (just random game, try to see a few new stadiums every year- love college fb).

That added to the fact I plan on attending the MAC Championship (if indeed we go (no jinx!)) and whatever bowl game they land has my checking account hurting lol. Seasons like this don't come around our football program that often so I figured I'm gonna enjoy it to the fullest. I'll have plenty of time to save back up if we gotta wait another 40+ years to do it again (which better not happen lol)
11-12-2012 03:51 PM
Advertisement

Redwingtom Online
Progressive filth

I Root For: B-G-S-U !!!!
(11-12-2012 03:30 PM)shakermaker05 Wrote:  Just wondering what the layout is- plenty of stadium space to tailgaite??

Tons. They tore out all the gravel parking lots last year and have a nice big grass field that will allow plenty of room to set up a nice tg.
11-14-2012 04:21 PM
thanksjim Offline
All American

I Root For: KSU
(11-12-2012 03:30 PM)shakermaker05 Wrote:  Jim, good to hear that you're gunna cameo! Have you ever been there?? Just wondering what the layout is- plenty of stadium space to tailgaite??

I have been there once. Be prepared for the famous Bowling Green wind! And yes there is plenty of room to tailgate.
11-14-2012 04:25 PM
Redwingtom Online
Progressive filth

(11-14-2012 04:25 PM)thanksjim Wrote:  
(11-12-2012 03:30 PM)shakermaker05 Wrote:  Jim, good to hear that you're gunna cameo! Have you ever been there?? Just wondering what the layout is- plenty of stadium space to tailgaite??

I have been there once. Be prepared for the famous Bowling Green wind! And yes there is plenty of room to tailgate.

Sorry, but it's not really our wind...but more a product of the flat lands of northwest Ohio.

That being said, the forecast looks spectacular! High 40's, Partly Cloudy, and only 7 MPH winds.
11-14-2012 05:21 PM
Dayons_Den Offline
2nd String

I Root For: B.G.S.U.
(11-14-2012 05:21 PM)Redwingtom Wrote:  
(11-14-2012 04:25 PM)thanksjim Wrote:  

Sorry, but it's not really our wind...but more a product of the flat lands of northwest Ohio.

That being said, the forecast looks spectacular! High 40's, Partly Cloudy, and only 7 MPH winds.

Actually, the winds in BG are the direct result of our geography. You see, Toledo to the North blows and Miami to the South sucks.
11-15-2012 09:09 AM
shakermaker05 Offline
Special Teams

(11-14-2012 04:21 PM)Redwingtom Wrote:  
(11-12-2012 03:30 PM)shakermaker05 Wrote:  Just wondering what the layout is- plenty of stadium space to tailgaite??

Tons. They tore out all the gravel parking lots last year and have a nice big grass field that will allow plenty of room to set up a nice tg.

OK, awesome, I'm gonna set up one of my world famous tailgaites. You guys see if you can find me! hahahahahahahaha

Prolly do dinner around campus after the game- any must-do local places you BG guys would suggest?

Also, good to hear the weather is gonna cooperate! I'll be prepared for the wind tunnel.
11-15-2012 10:04 AM
Advertisement

Dayons_Den Offline
2nd String

Here are my personal food favorites in BG:

Mr. Spot's- authentic Philly cheesesteaks and wings- excellent Phillys & hoagies

Campus Pollyeye's- their pizza is ok, but the hot item here is the stuffed breadsticks which can be a meal. I like mine stuffed with chicken & cheese, tomato, or peperoni

For a non fast food, sit down dinner, I recommend Trotter's and the Little Brown Jug steaks. Place is small though so you may have to wait, but one of the top 3 steaks I've ever had
11-15-2012 10:15 AM
shakermaker05 Offline
Special Teams

(11-15-2012 10:15 AM)Dayons_Den Wrote:  Here are my personal food favorites in BG:

Mr. Spot's- authentic Philly cheesesteaks and wings- excellent Phillys & hoagies

Campus Pollyeye's- their pizza is ok, but the hot item here is the stuffed breadsticks which can be a meal. I like mine stuffed with chicken & cheese, tomato, or peperoni

For a non fast food, sit down dinner, I recommend Trotter's and the Little Brown Jug steaks. Place is small though so you may have to wait, but one of the top 3 steaks I've ever had

Awesome thanks for the suggestions, are all these places in a central downtown area or are they spread out?? Never ever been to BG so excuse my ignorance.

What kind of a crowd you guys expecting for the game BTW??? Hopefully we'll travel well, but just curious as to what it's gonna be like on your side of things.
11-15-2012 10:21 AM
Dayons_Den Offline
2nd String

(11-15-2012 10:21 AM)shakermaker05 Wrote:  
(11-15-2012 10:15 AM)Dayons_Den Wrote:  Here are my personal food favorites in BG:

Awesome thanks for the suggestions, are all these places in a central downtown area or are they spread out?? Never ever been to BG so excuse my ignorance.

What kind of a crowd you guys expecting for the game BTW??? Hopefully we'll travel well, but just curious as to what it's gonna be like on your side of things.

BG is not large and easily maneuverable- mostly laid out with a grid of E-W, N-S cross streets. Of those listed- Pollyeye's is nearest the stadium, just off of Wooster St. Spot's and Trotter's are both on Main Street. Stadium is on Wooster St. and Wooster and Main is the "major" downtown intersection less than 2 miles from stadium.

As far as crowd- not sure what to expect as I live in South Carolina so can't speak to the atmosphere around campus/town. Hope it is a big, energized crowd though!
11-15-2012 10:25 AM
shakermaker05 Offline
Special Teams

(11-15-2012 10:25 AM)Dayons_Den Wrote:  

BG is not large and easily maneuverable- mostly laid out with a grid of E-W, N-S cross streets. Of those listed- Pollyeye's is nearest the stadium, just off of Wooster St. Spot's and Trotter's are both on Main Street. Stadium is on Wooster St. and Wooster and Main is the "major" downtown intersection less than 2 miles from stadium.

As far as crowd- not sure what to expect as I live in South Carolina so can't speak to the atmosphere around campus/town. Hope it is a big, energized crowd though!

OK well I printed out your suggestions and will consult with the lady afterwards to see what she's thinking. I'm definetely hoping for a rowdy atmopshere! Kent has no excuse not traveling well for a game of this proportion being played in our backyard and of course it's a huge game for you too- so no excuses for anything less then a full house.

Seen you were from Charleston, SC! One of my favourite cities in the country! Go there every may to stay with my buddy! He lives in Monks Corner, but we go to downtown Charleston a few times everytrip! I'm a big fan of the Chilly Willys place or whatever the place is with the frozen drinks! hahahhahahahaa
(This post was last modified: 11-15-2012 10:36 AM by shakermaker05.)
11-15-2012 10:35 AM
BGFan Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:
(11-15-2012 10:35 AM)shakermaker05 Wrote:  

OK well I printed out your suggestions and will consult with the lady afterwards to see what she's thinking. I'm definetely hoping for a rowdy atmopshere! Kent has no excuse not traveling well for a game of this proportion being played in our backyard and of course it's a huge game for you too- so no excuses for anything less then a full house.

Seen you were from Charleston, SC! One of my favourite cities in the country! Go there every may to stay with my buddy! He lives in Monks Corner, but we go to downtown Charleston a few times everytrip! I'm a big fan of the Chilly Willys place or whatever the place is with the frozen drinks! hahahhahahahaa

If you like Mexican, El Zerape is decent and is right across from the stadium on Wooster. I agree with Trotter's for a great steak and Pollyeye's for the bread sticks. Pollyeye's is a little tucked away off of Wooster. Turn right at the stoplight on the far edge of the campus (Thurstin St.), then turn left on Court St. (it dead ends on Thurstin). Pollyeye's will be on the left on the other side of the tracks. The stuffed bread sticks are incredible.
11-15-2012 10:53 AM
Advertisement

shakermaker05 Offline
Special Teams

(11-15-2012 10:53 AM)BGFan Wrote:  
(11-15-2012 10:35 AM)shakermaker05 Wrote:  

If you like Mexican, El Zerape is decent and is right across from the stadium on Wooster. I agree with Trotter's for a great steak and Pollyeye's for the bread sticks. Pollyeye's is a little tucked away off of Wooster. Turn right at the stoplight on the far edge of the campus (Thurstin St.), then turn left on Court St. (it dead ends on Thurstin). Pollyeye's will be on the left on the other side of the tracks. The stuffed bread sticks are incredible.

They sound amazing! That's actually what I'm leaning towards from the choices I've seen so far. Will keep the Mexican place in mind, but usually have to be in a weird mood for that. Again, thanks for the suggestion.
11-15-2012 11:03 AM
Redwingtom Online
Progressive filth

Myles Pizza is usually the gold standard for the locals when it comes to a signature type local pizza, but I've been hearing that they changed their cheese and one of their top cooks left...so no idea what the quality is now.
(This post was last modified: 11-15-2012 11:41 AM by Redwingtom.)
11-15-2012 11:40 AM
Redwingtom Online
Progressive filth

No idea on the crowd either. I wouldn't expect anything much more than 17,000 to 18,000. As far as rowdiness, it really depends on how much the students get involved...and with the young folks these days, that is always a crap shoot.
11-15-2012 11:42 AM
shakermaker05 Offline
Special Teams

(11-15-2012 11:42 AM)Redwingtom Wrote:  No idea on the crowd either. I wouldn't expect anything much more than 17,000 to 18,000. As far as rowdiness, it really depends on how much the students get involved...and with the young folks these days, that is always a crap shoot.

17-18 is prolly the ballpark we'd be talking if it were in Kent. Like I said, hopefully we'll travel good and push it into the 20's. I'm ready for this game to happen, Saturday needs to get here!!!!!

Quote:Myles Pizza is usually the gold standard for the locals when it comes to a signature type local pizza, but I've been hearing that they changed their cheese and one of their top cooks left...so no idea what the quality is now.

Oh my, I may have to stay an extra night to try all this food lol.
11-15-2012 01:06 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.