More Munchie talk [split] Predictions: UC vs. Temple
Bookmark and Share
CincyBro Offline
All American

I Root For: " NO GOR "
More Munchie talk [split] Predictions: UC vs. Temple
(11-05-2012 08:41 AM)BJUnklFkr Wrote:  UC 31
Temple 20.

And, for the other prediction, Brendon Kay gets his first career start.

For all you guys calling for Kay, why aren't you calling for the Offense Lineman who had three drive killing Holding calls or Kelce and all his penalties. This stuff is just as important as the qb's interception or missed passes. What about missed field goals. Nobody is calling for a new kicker. What about the Offense Coordinator who is calling these plays.

11-06-2012 02:58 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Ring of Black Offline
Official Person to Blame

I Root For: Cincy Bearcats
RE: Predictions: UC vs. Temple
Bro, don't shoot the messenger. I was simply predicting who would start.

11-06-2012 04:07 PM
subflea Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

I Root For: Free Thinking

DonatorsFolding@NCAAbbsFolding@NCAAbbs
(11-06-2012 02:58 PM)CincyBro Wrote:  
Temple 20.

For all you guys calling for Kay, why aren't you calling for the Offense Lineman who had three drive killing Holding calls or Kelce and all his penalties. This stuff is just as important as the qb's interception or missed passes. What about missed field goals. Nobody is calling for a new kicker. What about the Offense Coordinator who is calling these plays.

Miliano is 8 of 10 on FG this year. The two kicks he has missed have both been over 40 yds. In each of those two games he made another kick over 40 yds. He is 34 of 35 on extra points. No complaints about the kicking game at all.
Penalties don't bother me that much. There is no correlation between the number of penalties and a team's success rate. Some of the most penalized teams every year are also some of the best teams in the country. Last year the most penalized team in the country was Southern Miss. They lost 2 games by a combined 9 points. In 2008 UC was the 12th most penalized team in the country. We went to our first BCS bowl game.

11-07-2012 12:35 PM
CincyBro Offline
All American

I Root For: " NO GOR "
(11-07-2012 12:35 PM)subflea Wrote:  
Temple 20.

Miliano is 8 of 10 on FG this year. The two kicks he has missed have both been over 40 yds. In each of those two games he made another kick over 40 yds. He is 34 of 35 on extra points. No complaints about the kicking game at all.
Penalties don't bother me that much. There is no correlation between the number of penalties and a team's success rate. Some of the most penalized teams every year are also some of the best teams in the country. Last year the most penalized team in the country was Southern Miss. They lost 2 games by a combined 9 points. In 2008 UC was the 12th most penalized team in the country. We went to our first BCS bowl game.

What's your point? I'm not on here to badmouth anyone, I just don't think Munchie's done enough to warrant being sat down. What is the difference if QB throws interception 45 yards down field or OL has a holding call that negates a 40 yard pass play on 3rd down and offense doesn't make first down on next play and has to punt away. Same thing but nobody calls for offense lineman to be removed.

(This post was last modified: 11-07-2012 12:53 PM by CincyBro.)
11-07-2012 12:43 PM
Advertisement

subflea Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

I Root For: Free Thinking

DonatorsFolding@NCAAbbsFolding@NCAAbbs
How can you say he has not done enough to warrant being sat down? His completion percentage is 52.2%, he has 13 TD and 9 INT, his play has been a huge part of why we have 2 losses and almost had a 3rd, he has had at least one fumble in 6 of our 8 games. Those are all reasons why he should be on the bench.

11-07-2012 01:06 PM
BearcatBeta Offline
All American

I Root For: $ in my mailbox
RE: More Munchie talk [split] Predictions: UC vs. Temple
Temple 20.

Do you have proof that "this stuff" is just as important? Munchie has the ball in his hands on every play. He thows 20 plus passes,,most of wich are incomplete or intercepted. Turnovers the QB makes are Game changers, not drive killers..

I looked up Munchie's Hgh School record,,LOW LOW completion percentage, yards passing piled up because his receivers frequently
broke for long plays. He Never was a skilled passer, and IMO
never will be..

(This post was last modified: 11-07-2012 01:45 PM by BearcatBeta.)
11-07-2012 01:41 PM
BigDawg Offline
All American

I Root For: Cincinnati
Donators
It seems every penalty we have had this season has been a killer. We'd break off a huge run or pass play and then have a holding penalty that made us give up a 1st down and momentum to put us into 2nd and long, etc. Not a recipe for success for certain. The penalties have been a huge concern for me, but Munchie's turnovers and just missed ones have been killers of late, so give Kay a shot. If he struggles as well, you can go back to Munchie or heck, mix in all three QBs to keep defenses off balance.

11-07-2012 01:54 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Cat-Man Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(11-07-2012 01:06 PM)subflea Wrote:  How can you say he has not done enough to warrant being sat down? His completion percentage is 52.2%, he has 13 TD and 9 INT, his play has been a huge part of why we have 2 losses and almost had a 3rd, he has had at least one fumble in 6 of our 8 games. Those are all reasons why he should be on the bench.

Plus its not the 9 INT's. It's when/how some of those INT's took place. Pick 6's, Lobbing up a jump ball in the end zone when all you need is a field goal, overthrowing wide open receivers, throwing 95 mph fast balls when your receiver is 5 yards away from you. Those things don't show up on the stat sheet.

11-07-2012 02:04 PM
qsilvr2531 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UC, Tigers
Temple 20.

While it is true that the number of penalties doesn't correlate well with winning some penalties do correlate better with offensive and defensive efficiency than others and penalties become more statistically important when put into context (what kind of penalty and what kind of pace does your offense and defense operate at). Teams that run lots of plays tend to get more offensive penalties due to volume, but they run lots of plays because they are good offenses. Pace matters.

Either way, the penalties are hurting us but the turnovers are hurting us more and Munchie is responsible for many of them (though against Syracuse fumbles hurt us more than interceptions. A lot of that was luck on Munchies part given the dropped interception and the near fumble out of the endzone). I don't have any idea what Kay brings to the table but if they are going to continue running the offense they are running they need to give him a chance.

11-07-2012 02:07 PM
bearcat54 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(11-07-2012 12:43 PM)CincyBro Wrote:  
Temple 20.

What's your point? I'm not on here to badmouth anyone, I just don't think Munchie's done enough to warrant being sat down. What is the difference if QB throws interception 45 yards down field or OL has a holding call that negates a 40 yard pass play on 3rd down and offense doesn't make first down on next play and has to punt away. Same thing but nobody calls for offense lineman to be removed.

well, watching munchie's play last season and this season, it comes down to the same thing for him....NO PASSING ACCURACY. Munchie should be moved to wide receiver or defensive backfield. His athleticism there could probably get him a look in the pros after he graduates. He's just not an accurate passer and thats a killer for a quarterback.

11-07-2012 07:47 PM
Advertisement

Bearcats#1 Offline
Ad nauseam King

I Root For: Pony94
Temple 20.

agree but you have to admit...missing wide open receivers because he can't throw right is frustrating

11-07-2012 09:38 PM
Marcus Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Temple 20.

The Oline has not be nearly the issue that the QB has. As a unit they've been very good this year. Again, UC would be sitting at 5-3 right now because of the QB play if that Syracuse corner doesnt drop that pick 6. You cannot put a QB in there who keeps throwing the ball into coverage, while also having no accuracy whatsoever in getting the ball to his WR's when they are wide open and UC's WR's have been wide open a LOT this year. He should move to another skill position. He could be a good player elsewhere like WR or Safety, but not QB.

(This post was last modified: 11-08-2012 09:40 AM by Marcus.)
11-08-2012 09:35 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators
The O-line look like Outland Trophy finalists compared to this QB.

11-08-2012 09:41 AM
Advertisement

CliftonAve Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jimmy Nippert
How many times has the QB been sacked this year? How many QB hurries? The OL has given the QB's all day back there this year. This OL has also been plowing holes for our RBs as well. That's one of the things that make this QB plays o frustrating this year as the poor play is not due to duress.

Holding calls are going to happen. It’s the nature of the beast.

11-08-2012 12:55 PM
cinbinsportsfan Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Cincinnati
(11-08-2012 12:55 PM)CliftonAve Wrote:  How many times has the QB been sacked this year? How many QB hurries? The OL has given the QB's all day back there this year. This OL has also been plowing holes for our RBs as well. That's one of the things that make this QB plays o frustrating this year as the poor play is not due to duress.

Holding calls are going to happen. It’s the nature of the beast.

Yea, especially when you run the ball 53 times per game.

11-08-2012 01:35 PM
bearcatlawjd Offline
All American

I Root For: UC
Bearcats probably beat Temple with any quarterback we have as long he doesn't turn the ball over. I don't believe Munchie starts but I wouldn't be shocked to see him in the game. I just we use everybody in the right spots.

11-09-2012 10:55 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.