Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Indiana GOP Senate candidate stands by rape comment
Bookmark and Share
HuskieJohn Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU
Indiana GOP Senate candidate stands by rape comment
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local...3075.story

"I struggled with it myself for a long time, but I came to realize that life is that gift from God. And, I think, even when life begins in that horrible situation of rape, that it is something that God intended to happen," Mourdock said.
10-24-2012 11:21 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BobL Offline
Heisman

RE: Indiana GOP Senate candidate stands by rape comment
(10-24-2012 11:21 AM)HuskieJohn Wrote:  http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local...3075.story

"I struggled with it myself for a long time, but I came to realize that life is that gift from God. And, I think, even when life begins in that horrible situation of rape, that it is something that God intended to happen," Mourdock said.

This is 19th century thinking
10-24-2012 12:09 PM
NIU17 Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU Huskies
(10-24-2012 12:09 PM)BobL Wrote:  
(10-24-2012 11:21 AM)HuskieJohn Wrote:  http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local...3075.story

He's got one thing going for him, at least he doesn't hide his real thoughts until after the election!
10-24-2012 12:28 PM
HuskieJohn Offline
Hall of Famer

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-34222_162-57...-mourdock/

Romney campaign stands by Mourdock

"Gov. Romney disagrees with Richard Mourdock, and Mr. Mourdock's comments do not reflect Gov. Romney's views. We disagree on the policy regarding exceptions for rape and incest but still support him," said Romney spokesperson Andrea Saul.

I hate the election news cycle.
(This post was last modified: 10-24-2012 02:47 PM by HuskieJohn.)
10-24-2012 02:41 PM
Huskie_Jon Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Huskies

As opposed to 21st century thinking which I guess is kill all lives deemed to be inconvenient. You are not really human until you have a SSN. Life defined by government, and not a gift from God..

We are so much more enlightened today.
10-24-2012 03:18 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
niuguy Offline
The first in, last out!

(10-24-2012 03:18 PM)Huskie_Jon Wrote:  

As opposed to 21st century thinking which I guess is kill all lives deemed to be inconvenient. You are not really human until you have a SSN. Life defined by government, and not a gift from God..

Many many People still deny evolution exists, so clearly we aren't very enlightened.
10-24-2012 07:05 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BobL Offline
Heisman

The idea that the child conceived through rape was intended by God is backwards thinking.
10-25-2012 07:53 AM
RobertN Offline
Legend

I Root For: THE NIU Huskies
(10-25-2012 07:53 AM)BobL Wrote:  

The idea that the child conceived through rape was intended by God is backwards thinking.
Huskie_Jun obviously agrees with Mourdoch. Scary thing is that is not an isolated opinion.
10-25-2012 09:56 AM
Huskie_Jon Offline
Heisman

(10-25-2012 09:56 AM)RobertN Wrote:  
(10-25-2012 07:53 AM)BobL Wrote:  

Huskie_Jun obviously agrees with Mourdoch. Scary thing is that is not an isolated opinion.

You two are throwing out the baby with the bath water. Rape is horrible and it deserves the most severe punishment, short of death.

I happen to think the miracle of life is a gift from God, and not just some biological accident. I guess that makes me old fashioned. You call that "19th century thinking". It is really much older than that.

A child conceived through rape is two issues that you are trying to cram into one, to rationalize killing an innocent unborn child. That does not seem to logical to me.

You punish the criminal and save the child.

If an escaped convict pulls a child out of a burning building, would you throw the child back into the fire, because if it had not been for a crime committed by someone else, the child would not be alive.

To some desparate people looking for a "gotcha" moment, it might have sounded like Richard Mourdock said that God wanted the rape to happen, but I do not believe that is what he meant. I think he meant God wants life to happen, and I agree with that.
10-25-2012 10:38 AM
NIU007 Offline
Legend

I Root For: NIU, MAC
I think most Republicans have the exact same opinion as Mourdock, it's just that only a few actually say it. That's becoming more and more apparent.
10-25-2012 09:50 PM
RobertN Offline
Legend

I Root For: THE NIU Huskies
(10-25-2012 09:50 PM)NIU007 Wrote:  I think most Republicans have the exact same opinion as Mourdock, it's just that only a few actually say it. That's becoming more and more apparent.
Yep.
10-25-2012 11:50 PM
Advertisement

BleedsHuskieRed Offline
All American

Donators
Even as someone who is pro choice, I can't help but laugh at those who call pro lifers "women haters" and 19th century thinkers. If someone honestly believes life begins at conception or implantation, who am I to berate them for that opinion? If they honestly believe that abortion is murder, I can't change their mind on that and I'm not going to attack that position either, because frankly, when does life begin? I don't know. Being pro life does not make one old fashioned or a caveman. It makes them a person who believes life begins at a certain point and to end that is murder. /defending the people I disagree with
(This post was last modified: 10-26-2012 11:06 AM by BleedsHuskieRed.)
10-26-2012 11:04 AM
Huskie_Jon Offline
Heisman

(10-26-2012 11:04 AM)BleedsHuskieRed Wrote:  Even as someone who is pro choice, I can't help but laugh at those who call pro lifers "women haters" and 19th century thinkers. If someone honestly believes life begins at conception or implantation, who am I to berate them for that opinion? If they honestly believe that abortion is murder, I can't change their mind on that and I'm not going to attack that position either, because frankly, when does life begin? I don't know. Being pro life does not make one old fashioned or a caveman. It makes them a person who believes life begins at a certain point and to end that is murder. /defending the people I disagree with

Scientifically speaking, life actually does begin at conception. It is not something that is determined by law, like the drinking age.

Funny how people who claim that their belief in science makes them so much more intellegent than people of faith can't seem to understand (or choose to ignore) this inconvenient little fact.

The belief that certain people are less human than other people, and are therefore not worthy of the same human rights is nothing new either.
(This post was last modified: 10-26-2012 11:30 AM by Huskie_Jon.)
10-26-2012 11:23 AM
BobL Offline
Heisman

(10-26-2012 11:04 AM)BleedsHuskieRed Wrote:  Even as someone who is pro choice, I can't help but laugh at those who call pro lifers "women haters" and 19th century thinkers. If someone honestly believes life begins at conception or implantation, who am I to berate them for that opinion? If they honestly believe that abortion is murder, I can't change their mind on that and I'm not going to attack that position either, because frankly, when does life begin? I don't know. Being pro life does not make one old fashioned or a caveman. It makes them a person who believes life begins at a certain point and to end that is murder. /defending the people I disagree with

What i was referring to as 19th century thinking is that a baby conceived through rape is "God's Will"..

Bye now.
10-26-2012 11:32 AM
BleedsHuskieRed Offline
All American

Donators
(10-26-2012 11:23 AM)Huskie_Jon Wrote:  

Scientifically speaking, life actually does begin at conception. It is not something that is determined by law, like the drinking age.

Funny how people who claim that their belief in science makes them so much more intellegent than people of faith can't seem to understand (or choose to ignore) this inconvenient little fact.

The belief that certain people are less human than other people, and are therefore not worthy of the same human rights is nothing new either.
When was it scientifically determined life begins at conception?
10-26-2012 11:51 AM
BleedsHuskieRed Offline
All American

Donators
(10-26-2012 11:32 AM)BobL Wrote:  

What i was referring to as 19th century thinking is that a baby conceived through rape is "God's Will"..

Bye now.
Again, if they have the belief in God that everything happens because he wants it to, it would make sense they think this would to. If you want to attack their position, fine, but attack their belief in God, not their position on abortion.
10-26-2012 11:52 AM
Advertisement

BobL Offline
Heisman

(10-26-2012 11:52 AM)BleedsHuskieRed Wrote:  
(10-26-2012 11:32 AM)BobL Wrote:  

Bye now.
Again, if they have the belief in God that everything happens because he wants it to, it would make sense they think this would to. If you want to attack their position, fine, but attack their belief in God, not their position on abortion.

I have no idea what your point is...I will be clear...

IMO for anyone to say that it is Gods will that a woman becomes pregnant from rape is ridiculous...plain and simple...i dont care what your politics are nor what your faith is...it is simply ridiculous.

I dont see how this is an attack on any specific group, but if you feel that it is fine...I could care less.
(This post was last modified: 10-26-2012 04:18 PM by BobL.)
10-26-2012 04:18 PM
NIU17 Offline
All American

Jon Stewart - hilarious, but scary.

Go to about 9:00 minutes in the video. Jon Stewart - Nov 26.

Congressman Ryan sponsored a 'Sanctity of human rights' act which stated that all abortions should be illegal and invitro fertilization would also be illegal.

So a woman who wants to have a baby can't, but if they're raped and get impregnated, they must. 01-wingedeagle

The video also has a very funny segment on Romney/Ryan talking about how bad the government is at picking winner's and losers in business investing, but that is for a different thread.
10-26-2012 07:23 PM
HuskieJohn Offline
Hall of Famer

How does anyone that believes in God and God's plan know if something was carried out to the Devil's plan instead?
10-30-2012 10:23 AM
Huskie_Jon Offline
Heisman

(10-26-2012 07:23 PM)NIU17 Wrote:  Jon Stewart - hilarious, but scary.

Go to about 9:00 minutes in the video. Jon Stewart - Nov 26.

Congressman Ryan sponsored a 'Sanctity of human rights' act which stated that all abortions should be illegal and invitro fertilization would also be illegal.

So a woman who wants to have a baby can't, but if they're raped and get impregnated, they must. 01-wingedeagle

The video also has a very funny segment on Romney/Ryan talking about how bad the government is at picking winner's and losers in business investing, but that is for a different thread.

Boy, that sure was some whimsical insight from Jon Stewart!

But there is one major point that you, Jon Stewart, and the rest of you "pro-choicers" are failing to acknowledge. Pay close attention to what happens at the 2:37 minute mark in this clip. Truth about the abortion issue.

I am not going to waste nine minutes of my life watching some stupid clip of Jon Stewart.
10-30-2012 11:05 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.