USF

WEST
Boise State
Houston
Louisville
Memphis
San Diego State
SMU

If BYU, AFA, Fresno, UNLV or a western team is added as the 14th FB member then they will become the 7th team in the West Division.

If ECU or any other eastern team is added then they'll go to the East and Cincy will switch over the West.
10-22-2012 02:56 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

CardinalJim Online
Welcome to The New Age

I Root For: Louisville
RE: I predict that FB divisions will be strictly geographical
It has already been announced that Temple would be sent out west the first two years of divisional play. That keeps UofL and UC in the East where they belong. Sets up Boise vs. UC/UofL.
CJ
10-22-2012 03:07 PM
3601 Offline
HoopDreams' Daddy

I Root For: Omar Sneed
(10-22-2012 03:07 PM)CardinalJim Wrote:  It has already been announced that Temple would be sent out west the first two years of divisional play.

Is that official?
10-22-2012 03:12 PM
War Torn Ruston Offline
Banned

I Root For: Boise State
Temple's AD I believe agreed to be in the West already.
10-22-2012 03:15 PM
subflea Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

I Root For: Free Thinking

DonatorsFolding@NCAAbbsFolding@NCAAbbs
(10-22-2012 03:12 PM)3601 Wrote:  
(10-22-2012 03:07 PM)CardinalJim Wrote:  It has already been announced that Temple would be sent out west the first two years of divisional play.

Is that official?

No, that was what Aresco said he was leaning toward. The decision is not his though.
(This post was last modified: 10-22-2012 03:20 PM by subflea.)
10-22-2012 03:19 PM
ArQ Offline
1st String

I Root For: Pitt/Louisville
(10-22-2012 03:15 PM)War Torn Ruston Wrote:  Temple's AD I believe agreed to be in the West already.

That also implied that only western schools will be added so Temple will move to East when a pair of western schools are added.
10-22-2012 03:21 PM
Advertisement

NYCTUFan Offline
All American

I Root For: Temple
(10-22-2012 03:15 PM)War Torn Ruston Wrote:  Temple's AD I believe agreed to be in the West already.

I like the guy, Bill Bradshaw, he’s done a lot of great things for Temple, but for agreeing to this he should be shot. (Ok not shot, that’s a little harsh)
10-22-2012 03:21 PM
Mestophalies Offline
1st String

I Root For: USF
Actually nothing is final until they play the games. So don't read too much into where you think teams or hear teams will be placed until it's formally announced and even then until they play the games. 04-cheers
10-22-2012 03:29 PM
3601 Offline
HoopDreams' Daddy

I thought his comments regarding divisions in the youtube video that's in another thread were interesting.

He said that he wants to minimize travel and he specifically said that UL and UC "aren't really eastern teams."
10-22-2012 03:31 PM
Lord2FLI Away
Peanut Vendor

I Root For: The End
UL just wants access to Florida and not be associated with the western riff-raff, Cincy gets drug along like a little sister.
10-22-2012 03:50 PM
nastar36 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
(10-22-2012 03:31 PM)3601 Wrote:  I thought his comments regarding divisions in the youtube video that's in another thread were interesting.

He said that he wants to minimize travel and he specifically said that UL and UC "aren't really eastern teams."

That is what I heard also. I don't see how it's that hard. just like the sun always rises in the east and sets in the west, a schools geography doesn't change based on desire. It is what, or where, it is. The six most eastern teams are in the east, the remaining six are in the west. Done, neat and easy. To have east and west divisions but then start swapping one or two teams is what seems silly and confusing. Louisville is the sixth most western team, not Temple. K.I.S.S
10-22-2012 03:54 PM
Advertisement

UofLgrad07 Offline
1st String

(10-22-2012 03:21 PM)NYCTUFan Wrote:  I like the guy, Bill Bradshaw, he’s done a lot of great things for Temple, but for agreeing to this he should be shot. (Ok not shot, that’s a little harsh)

Was he suppose to do? Turn a Big East invite (and the money that comes with it) down and stay in the MAC? Temple's only leverage would have been refusing to join a year early to take WVU's position.
10-22-2012 04:01 PM
Lord2FLI Away
Peanut Vendor

I Root For: The End
(10-22-2012 04:01 PM)UofLgrad07 Wrote:  
(10-22-2012 03:21 PM)NYCTUFan Wrote:  I like the guy, Bill Bradshaw, he’s done a lot of great things for Temple, but for agreeing to this he should be shot. (Ok not shot, that’s a little harsh)

Was he suppose to do? Turn a Big East invite (and the money that comes with it) down and stay in the MAC? Temple's only leverage would have been refusing to join a year early to take WVU's position.

My guess is the poster doesn't realize Temple in the West has always been a temporary solution until we are at 14 schools.
10-22-2012 04:04 PM
3601 Offline
HoopDreams' Daddy

Keep in mind that the stories about Temple possibly playing in the west were never offical and came out (I think in March or April) way before Aresco became commissioner. Obvisouly, he's pro East/West.

That doesn't necessarily mean that my prediction will be correct, but a LOT has changed since those Temple to the West stories first surfaced.
10-22-2012 04:10 PM
Road Apple Offline
Special Teams

(10-22-2012 03:21 PM)NYCTUFan Wrote:  

I like the guy, Bill Bradshaw, he’s done a lot of great things for Temple, but for agreeing to this he should be shot. (Ok not shot, that’s a little harsh)

If I remember right, when Temple got the invite, no one seemed to care where they had to play as long as they got to come back to the BE again. But what has changed is that we are not considering a 14-team conference with another western team being added. Or that Navy prefers the western division, I believe, so Temple's stay in the west will be a short one and Louisville not at all. Why make anyone unhappy? Temple will be in the west for one year (2013).

Western Division (2013-2014):
1. San Diego
2. Boise State
3. SMU
4. Houston
5. Memphis
6. Temple (replaced by BYU/AF/Fresno no later than 2014)
7. Navy (2015)
(This post was last modified: 10-22-2012 04:15 PM by Road Apple.)
10-22-2012 04:12 PM
UofLgrad07 Offline
1st String

I think you'll see the same thing happen in the Big East that happened in the SEC when Mizzou and Texas A&M joined. The logical thing would have been to just shift Auburn to the East division and have the two western additions join the west. However, Auburn (and a few others) were strongly opposed to the idea and so you ended up with Mizzou in the East and A&M in the West.

I predict we'll see the same thing happen in the Big East. The old guard will stick together and we'll end up with a mostly geographic divisional set-up.

East

UC
UofL
USF
Rutgers
UConn
UCF

West

SDSU
Boise St
Houston
SMU
Memphis
Temple

When Navy and team #14 (western team) joins, they'll both move to the West Division and Temple will move to the East.
(This post was last modified: 10-22-2012 04:14 PM by UofLgrad07.)
10-22-2012 04:13 PM
Advertisement

NYCTUFan Offline
All American

I Root For: Temple
(10-22-2012 04:04 PM)Lord2FLI Wrote:  
(10-22-2012 04:01 PM)UofLgrad07 Wrote:  

My guess is the poster doesn't realize Temple in the West has always been a temporary solution until we are at 14 schools.

No…. the poster realizes it, and has from the beginning, but do I have to like it?

Of course Temple wouldn’t turn down the Big East because they couldn’t be in the east, that would have been silly, its just Temple was treated like a second class citizen the first time it was in the Big East (football only, no basketball or Olympic sports), and here it is again.

Why not UCF? They already play SMU, Houston, and Memphis, they have no ties geographically or otherwise to Rutgers, UConn or any other eastern schools, they can play USF as their crossover.

What’s the logical reasoning behind Temple being shipped out west besides you’re the newest member and because we said so?
10-22-2012 04:13 PM
3601 Offline
HoopDreams' Daddy

(10-22-2012 04:13 PM)UofLgrad07 Wrote:  I think you'll see the same thing happen in the Big East that happened in the SEC when Mizzou and Texas A&M joined. The logical thing would have been to just shift Auburn to the East division and have the two western additions join the west. However, Auburn (and a few others) were strongly opposed to the idea and you ended up with Mizzou in the East and A&M in the West.

I predict we'll the same thing happen in the Big East. The old guard will stick together and we'll end up with a mostly geographic divisional set-up.

East

UC
UofL
USF
Rutgers
UConn
UCF

West

SDSU
Boise St
Houston
SMU
Memphis
Temple

When Navy and team #14 (western team) joins, they'll both move to the West Division and Temple will move to the East.

Apples and oranges. Auburn has been in the SEC West since the SEC first formed divisions 20 years ago.
10-22-2012 04:15 PM
Road Apple Offline
Special Teams

(10-22-2012 04:13 PM)UofLgrad07 Wrote:  I think you'll see the same thing happen in the Big East that happened in the SEC when Mizzou and Texas A&M joined. The logical thing would have been to just shift Auburn to the East division and have the two western additions join the west. However, Auburn (and a few others) were strongly opposed to the idea and so you ended up with Mizzou in the East and A&M in the West.

I predict we'll see the same thing happen in the Big East. The old guard will stick together and we'll end up with a mostly geographic divisional set-up.

East

UC
UofL
USF
Rutgers
UConn
UCF

West

SDSU
Boise St
Houston
SMU
Memphis
Temple

Looks good to me! 04-cheers And no one can blame the old guard for wanting to stick together or blame Temple for wanting to rejoin them. It only makes sense.
(This post was last modified: 10-22-2012 04:31 PM by Road Apple.)
10-22-2012 04:29 PM
nastar36 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
(10-22-2012 04:15 PM)3601 Wrote:  
(10-22-2012 04:13 PM)UofLgrad07 Wrote:  I think you'll see the same thing happen in the Big East that happened in the SEC when Mizzou and Texas A&M joined. The logical thing would have been to just shift Auburn to the East division and have the two western additions join the west. However, Auburn (and a few others) were strongly opposed to the idea and you ended up with Mizzou in the East and A&M in the West.

I predict we'll the same thing happen in the Big East. The old guard will stick together and we'll end up with a mostly geographic divisional set-up.

East

UC
UofL
USF
Rutgers
UConn
UCF

West

SDSU
Boise St
Houston
SMU
Memphis
Temple

Apples and oranges. Auburn has been in the SEC West since the SEC first formed divisions 20 years ago.
Exactly, The SEC had 12 schools and two divisions when they added 2 schools.
The Big East is adding 7 +2 new schools to a remaining 5 and creating divisions.
10-22-2012 04:31 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.