I Root For: ETSU Bucs
What's Happened To The Golf Program?
10-14-2012 07:32 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

One Of The Last Buc Linemen Offline
Banned

RE: What's Happened To The Golf Program?
any 1 thnkn well get allsprts trpy ovr fgcu be smokn crack
10-14-2012 11:08 PM
slappywhite Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: etsu
(10-14-2012 07:32 PM)Buc66 Wrote:  http://www.etsubucs.com/mgolf/news/2012-...horn-club/

thats easy...its stanton and mullins fault.

no wait, they never did any fundraising for golf to be successful.

and we cannot forget the importance of the marching band...
10-15-2012 07:57 AM
RodShaw2 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
easy, they crashed and burned. They haven't been good in a several years.
10-15-2012 08:55 AM
Buc66 Offline
All American

(10-15-2012 08:55 AM)RodShaw2 Wrote:  easy, they crashed and burned. They haven't been good in a several years.

How do you lose your job as a minor sports coach (and AD) at ETSU?
(This post was last modified: 10-15-2012 04:12 PM by Buc66.)
10-15-2012 04:11 PM
Advertisement

Buc66 Offline
All American

(10-15-2012 07:57 AM)slappywhite Wrote:  
(10-14-2012 07:32 PM)Buc66 Wrote:  http://www.etsubucs.com/mgolf/news/2012-...horn-club/

thats easy...its stanton and mullins fault.

no wait, they never did any fundraising for golf to be successful.

and we cannot forget the importance of the marching band...

Hell, they never did any fundraising for any sports teams. Mullins couldn't conduct a decent car wash fundraiser. It's called subsidized sports, mostly minor sports --- that's the Stanton-Mullins way, that's still in place today. I'd pay to see the marching band again -- but not one dime for your fall flagship sport.
10-15-2012 04:20 PM
bucfan81 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ETSU
(10-15-2012 04:11 PM)Buc66 Wrote:  
(10-15-2012 08:55 AM)RodShaw2 Wrote:  easy, they crashed and burned. They haven't been good in a several years.

How do you lose your job as a minor sports coach (and AD) at ETSU?

Answer: They do not. Pour football money into the minor sports let them play out their seasons. That is the way of the last nine years. Sigh...
10-15-2012 06:15 PM
BucPerson Offline
2nd String

Different topic -same response
10-15-2012 07:03 PM
bucfan81 Offline
Heisman

(10-15-2012 07:03 PM)BucPerson Wrote:  Different topic -same response

When it comes to our athletic department there really is only one topic: failed leadership. Pure and simple.
10-15-2012 09:03 PM
Advertisement

RodShaw2 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Warren raises his own money for golf, it isn't that big a drain.
10-15-2012 09:25 PM
Buccaneerlover Offline
All American American

I Root For: ETSU/Mid Majors
(10-15-2012 09:25 PM)RodShaw2 Wrote:  Warren raises his own money for golf, it isn't that big a drain.

It's why golf is the only facility that was built on time and on budget.

As for the losing, I talked to a college golfer down here in a bar once and asked him why he didn't go to ETSU.
I don't want to post the response but I think most can probably figure it out based on what every thread gets turned into.
10-16-2012 10:32 AM
RodShaw2 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(10-16-2012 10:32 AM)Buccaneerlover Wrote:  
(10-15-2012 09:25 PM)RodShaw2 Wrote:  Warren raises his own money for golf, it isn't that big a drain.

It's why golf is the only facility that was built on time and on budget.

As for the losing, I talked to a college golfer down here in a bar once and asked him why he didn't go to ETSU.
I don't want to post the response but I think most can probably figure it out based on what every thread gets turned into.

That is probably an easy one, he wasn't from the British Isles.
(This post was last modified: 10-19-2012 03:13 PM by RodShaw2.)
10-16-2012 12:47 PM
Buc66 Offline
All American

Bucs get little notice from its own tournament in its home sports pages (below). The JC Press turned this year's golf tourney into a UT versus them event. Seems that ETSU continues its slide in attracting attention, getting traction with the media in recent years with its sports program, even the media in its own back yard. We are witnessing year-to-year DECLINE, and it is REAL. Irrelevancy is rapidly becoming the norm, the expected and accepted condition of ETSU athletics.

http://www.johnsoncitypress.com/Sports/a...?id=102891
10-16-2012 04:24 PM
Advertisement

bucfan81 Offline
Heisman

(10-16-2012 04:24 PM)Buc66 Wrote:  Bucs get little notice from its own tournament in its home sports pages (below). The JC Press turned this year's golf tourney into a UT versus them event. Seems that ETSU continues its slide in attracting attention, getting traction with the media in recent years with its sports program, even the media in its own back yard. We are witnessing year-to-year DECLINE, and it is REAL. Irrelevancy is rapidly becoming the norm, the expected and accepted condition of ETSU athletics.

Oh but we have soccer!
10-16-2012 05:59 PM
Buc66 Offline
All American

(10-16-2012 05:59 PM)bucfan81 Wrote:  
(10-16-2012 04:24 PM)Buc66 Wrote:  Bucs get little notice from its own tournament in its home sports pages (below). The JC Press turned this year's golf tourney into a UT versus them event. Seems that ETSU continues its slide in attracting attention, getting traction with the media in recent years with its sports program, even the media in its own back yard. We are witnessing year-to-year DECLINE, and it is REAL. Irrelevancy is rapidly becoming the norm, the expected and accepted condition of ETSU athletics.

Oh but we have soccer!

Which, of course, only contributes to the decline since it's our flagship fall sport.
10-16-2012 06:53 PM
Buc66 Offline
All American

And how has this investment in the minor sports at the expense of the major sports worked out for ETSU these past nine years -- has it elevated the university or has it diminished it?
10-16-2012 10:18 PM
Mister Jennings Offline
1st String

Best way you can tell it is basketball attendance is starting to smell. As I recall, even with a winning team...attendance is slip sliding away. Distance and no connectiveness (new word) with the ASun has to be a factor. When the Southern kicked us out as promised when football went away...and the announcement of the ASun...who in the region had ever heard of the thing? Not me. I still feel no connection to it even though I ventured to Macon for the tournament a few times.
10-18-2012 01:44 PM
Advertisement

One Of The Last Buc Linemen Offline
Banned

(10-18-2012 01:44 PM)Mister Jennings Wrote:  

Best way you can tell it is basketball attendance is starting to smell. As I recall, even with a winning team...attendance is slip sliding away. Distance and no connectiveness (new word) with the ASun has to be a factor. When the Southern kicked us out as promised when football went away...and the announcement of the ASun...who in the region had ever heard of the thing? Not me. I still feel no connection to it even though I ventured to Macon for the tournament a few times.

remember our 1st 2 ever a-suck games? we lost 2 belmnt then lipscum. welcom 2 da nu leeg
10-19-2012 12:16 AM
abuc90 Offline
Special Teams

(10-18-2012 01:44 PM)Mister Jennings Wrote:  Best way you can tell it is basketball attendance is starting to smell. As I recall, even with a winning team...attendance is slip sliding away. Distance and no connectiveness (new word) with the ASun has to be a factor. When the Southern kicked us out as promised when football went away...and the announcement of the ASun...who in the region had ever heard of the thing? Not me. I still feel no connection to it even though I ventured to Macon for the tournament a few times.

Amen!
(This post was last modified: 10-19-2012 07:14 AM by abuc90.)
10-19-2012 07:13 AM
Buc66 Offline
All American

(10-18-2012 01:44 PM)Mister Jennings Wrote:  

Best way you can tell it is basketball attendance is starting to smell. As I recall, even with a winning team...attendance is slip sliding away. Distance and no connectiveness (new word) with the ASun has to be a factor. When the Southern kicked us out as promised when football went away...and the announcement of the
ASun...who in the region had ever heard of the thing? Not me. I still feel no
connection to it even though I ventured to Macon for the tournament a few times.

Seven of the twenty-two schools that have departed the ASun have done so since ETSU joined. Total instability. "Thing" is a good descriptor. Just a group of schools together out of default. ETSU was so much better than that when it joined. The terrible decision of Paul Stanton is today completely verified by the fact that ETSU is the only regional state university in the nation to have been kicked out of a Division I conference in at the past nine years. He hurt ETSU athletics, and the man he hired to accomplish that is still running athletics -- amazing.
10-19-2012 03:11 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.