10-10-2012 03:57 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Burn the Horse Offline
I'm Watching You

I Root For: TROY
RE: CBS Bowl Projections
man that would be awesome!
10-10-2012 05:32 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Chrono124 Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

How is Auburn even in the mix they are horrible, as much as I would love to see an SBC team beat Auburns arse. I don't think it's gonna happen at this rate.
10-10-2012 05:37 PM
Atlanta Trojan Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

Bowl game in St Pete sounds better than Godaddy.com to me. except its a little farther. But im all about some Tampa/Orlando!!!!

And against ECU makes it even better
(This post was last modified: 10-10-2012 05:43 PM by Atlanta Trojan.)
10-10-2012 05:42 PM
Tom in Lazybrook Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: So Alabama, GWU
Uh, I'm wondering why MTSU isn't getting any love here. It seems that they seem to be a pretty plausible bowl team this year. They could beat FIU in Miami (I actually think they will), they should be favored against UNT at home, and against USA in Mobile. There's six wins and bowl eligble without any real upsets (they play at WKU, at Miss State, at stAte, and host Troy - MTSU could win a game out of that group as well).

I think MTSU is a likely bowl eligble team. Seeing as there are TWO bowls that will be scrambling for a "No eligble team", and at least one that doesn't have a Sun Belt team already, then it seems that, given the new NCAA rules, the Military Bowl would HAVE to take MTSU under these projections.
10-10-2012 05:49 PM
Advertisement

Chrono124 Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

(10-10-2012 05:49 PM)Tom in Lazybrook Wrote:  Uh, I'm wondering why MTSU isn't getting any love here. It seems that they seem to be a pretty plausible bowl team this year. They could beat FIU in Miami (I actually think they will), they should be favored against UNT at home, and against USA in Mobile. There's six wins and bowl eligble without any real upsets (they play at WKU, at Miss State, at stAte, and host Troy - MTSU could win a game out of that group as well).

I think MTSU is a likely bowl eligble team. Seeing as there are TWO bowls that will be scrambling for a "No eligble team", and at least one that doesn't have a Sun Belt team already, then it seems that, given the new NCAA rules, the Military Bowl would HAVE to take MTSU under these projections.

I hate these predictions, b/c honestly it is way too early to know what the landscape will be like at the end of the year. Gives people something to talk about though.
10-10-2012 05:53 PM
Burn the Horse Offline
I'm Watching You

Auburn has no chance to make a bowl game. They can't win enough games of the schedule they have left ahead of them to even get bowl-eligible.

The local sports talk guys (one of which is the honorable Barry McKnight) were talking about it yesterday. They ran down their remaining schedule and were saying they simply aren't good enough to win more than 2 (NMSU and Alabama A&M) more games.
10-10-2012 05:57 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Chrono124 Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

(10-10-2012 05:57 PM)Burn the Horse Wrote:  Auburn has no chance to make a bowl game. They can't win enough games of the schedule they have left ahead of them to even get bowl-eligible.

The local sports talk guys (one of which is the honorable Barry McKnight) were talking about it yesterday. They ran down their remaining schedule and were saying they simply aren't good enough to win more than 2 (NMSU and Alabama A&M) more games.

My thoughts exactly, they have a horrible team this year. Chizik might as well pack his bags and get ready for the fans to carry him out the gates.
10-10-2012 06:01 PM
Tom in Lazybrook Offline
Hall of Famer

(10-10-2012 06:01 PM)Chrono124 Wrote:  
(10-10-2012 05:57 PM)Burn the Horse Wrote:  Auburn has no chance to make a bowl game. They can't win enough games of the schedule they have left ahead of them to even get bowl-eligible.

My thoughts exactly, they have a horrible team this year. Chizik might as well pack his bags and get ready for the fans to carry him out the gates.

I support Auburn as far as the Iron Bowl is concerned. I think Auburn should stick with Chizik for at least another year. He did win a friggin national championship in 2010.
10-10-2012 06:12 PM
Atlanta Trojan Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

(10-10-2012 06:12 PM)Tom in Lazybrook Wrote:  

I support Auburn as far as the Iron Bowl is concerned. I think Auburn should stick with Chizik for at least another year. He did win a friggin national championship in 2010.

Cam Newton did that....

Chizik has a AWFUL record at Auburn without Newton.
(This post was last modified: 10-10-2012 07:33 PM by Atlanta Trojan.)
10-10-2012 06:16 PM
Advertisement

Chrono124 Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

(10-10-2012 06:16 PM)Atlanta Trojan Wrote:  

Cam Newton did that....

Chizik has a AWEFUL record at Auburn without Newton.

I am glad somebody has been watching. As long as he is there Saban has nothing to worry about.
10-10-2012 06:22 PM
stAtecamera13 Offline
Beltbbs stAte Football INsider

I Root For: Arkansas State
(10-10-2012 05:37 PM)Chrono124 Wrote:  How is Auburn even in the mix they are horrible, as much as I would love to see an SBC team beat Auburns arse. I don't think it's gonna happen at this rate.

well even if we don't the Auburn in post season. we open up with them in 2013. 05-mafia03-nutkick02-13-bananaCOGS
10-10-2012 06:43 PM
warhawk09 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Bob

Cam Newton did that....

No Cam Newton did not. There was a lot of talent on that team. Cam was certainly a big piece, but there were others
10-10-2012 06:49 PM
Tom in Lazybrook Offline
Hall of Famer

Cam Newton did that....

I'm aware of that. But you know its just bad form to fire a football coach 2 years after a national championship. It doesn't look good. It makes you look impossible to deal with.

Back to the Bowl thread I suppose. Auburn isn't going bowling this year. I think we get six into bowls this year. The one I'm worried about isn't MTSU...its stAte.
10-10-2012 06:50 PM
wkuhilltopperfan Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WKU
If WKU ends up in Detroit the day after Xmas its going to suck. There is no way I could go and the showing by WKU fans would be horrible. As much as we love our team, I just don't think many people will give up Xmas for a football game. I could understand if we was a local team but its a 9-10 hour drive
(This post was last modified: 10-10-2012 06:57 PM by wkuhilltopperfan.)
10-10-2012 06:55 PM
Advertisement

dahbeed Offline
Heisman

I Root For: wku toppahs!!!
wouldn't AWEFUL be a good thing???
10-10-2012 07:08 PM
Chrono124 Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

(10-10-2012 07:08 PM)dahbeed Wrote:  wouldn't AWEFUL be a good thing???

Haha so funny....not, we all know what he meant. F'ing grammar Nazis, they're almost as bad as trolls. Of course you can have Grammar Nazi Trolls and they are the worst, I am pretty sure Beed falls into that category. Beed wants to be as cool as Z soooo bad, but there can only be one Z sorry :'(
10-10-2012 08:08 PM
dahbeed Offline
Heisman

I Root For: wku toppahs!!!
(10-10-2012 08:08 PM)Chrono124 Wrote:  
(10-10-2012 07:08 PM)dahbeed Wrote:  wouldn't AWEFUL be a good thing???

Haha so funny....not, we all know what he meant. F'ing grammar Nazis, they're almost as bad as trolls. Of course you can have Grammar Nazi Trolls and they are the worst, I am pretty sure Beed falls into that category. Beed wants to be as cool as Z soooo bad, but there can only be one Z sorry :'(

calm down krispy kreme and go back to jailbreaking someone's 4s.

find one other instance where i've corrected the ignorance that abounds on the interwebs.

that one just amused me. i was cool when zee was wearing a diaper. and not the depends he wears now.
10-10-2012 08:12 PM
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
(10-10-2012 05:37 PM)Chrono124 Wrote:  How is Auburn even in the mix they are horrible, as much as I would love to see an SBC team beat Auburns arse. I don't think it's gonna happen at this rate.

Auburn is 1-4, with games remaining against Alabama and Georgia. If you want an SBC team to beat them, ASU plays at Jordan Hare next season.
10-10-2012 08:15 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.