Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Coaches Top 25 Poll
Bookmark and Share
Arrowhead Offline
Beltbbs ULM INsider

I Root For: ULM
Coaches Top 25 Poll
As glad as I am that here are 3 SBC teams receiving votes, it's kinda strange that last week ULM was receiving 8 votes and ULL and WKU ( who should have been receiving votes) had none. This week ULL struggles in a blowout (if thats possible) with Tulane and WKU was off. ULM beats a good MT team that just destroyed GT, yet ULM drops to 3 votes, ULL has 6, and WKU has 7. Not to mentioned Tech is ranked (deservedly so). Hmmmm...
10-07-2012 11:37 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Fanof49ASU Offline
Heisman

I Root For: stAte
RE: Coaches Top 25 Poll
(10-07-2012 11:37 AM)Arrowhead Wrote:  Not to mentioned Tech is ranked (deservedly so). Hmmmm...

I figured that would happen this week. Even though they're playing some of the absolute worst teams of the FBS this year, they are beating them and beating them soundly.

I think A&M will knock them back out of the 25 next week.
10-07-2012 11:50 AM
InjunJohn Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

(10-07-2012 11:50 AM)Fanof49ASU Wrote:  
(10-07-2012 11:37 AM)Arrowhead Wrote:  Not to mentioned Tech is ranked (deservedly so). Hmmmm...

I figured that would happen this week. Even though they're playing some of the absolute worst teams of the FBS this year, they are beating them and beating them soundly.

I think A&M will knock them back out of the 25 next week.

If you think ULM had defensive problems with Baylor.....my Lord but Tech has nothing on defense. They can't stop anyone. They are just playing bad teams. I believe the fairy tale ends this weekend against the Aggies.
10-07-2012 12:37 PM
Dudleytop Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: WKU
WKU 36th
ULL 37th
ULM 42nd

Who breaks the Top 25 first?
My $$ is on the Hilltoppers.
10-07-2012 01:13 PM
ULMwarhawk2010 Offline
Water Engineer

New poster here, but I had to join in on the LA Tech commenting. I told a tech fan that hopefully ULM will win the Belt and play Tech in the New Orleans Bowl (becuase I know that bowls are all about $$$ and that match-up would sell tickets), and he actually said that Tech is a BCS buster. Haha! I thought that was hilarious given their game slate. They haven't played anyone with half a defense, and they give up way too many yards. In two of their games, they were out-gained by at lease 100 yards in total offense.

I like to think that I'm a realistic ULM fan. If we can win the Belt, we'll get the New Orleans bowl or the Go Daddy Bowl. This tech fan is very unrealistic. Even if they do go undefeated, their strength of schedule will not get them a BCS berth. I hope A&M puts the tech fans' world back in perspective this week.
10-07-2012 02:02 PM
tyler90wm Offline
Blue Raider

I Root For: MT
(10-07-2012 02:02 PM)ULMwarhawk2010 Wrote:  New poster here, but I had to join in on the LA Tech commenting. I told a tech fan that hopefully ULM will win the Belt and play Tech in the New Orleans Bowl (becuase I know that bowls are all about $$$ and that match-up would sell tickets), and he actually said that Tech is a BCS buster. Haha! I thought that was hilarious given their game slate. They haven't played anyone with half a defense, and they give up way too many yards. In two of their games, they were out-gained by at lease 100 yards in total offense.

I like to think that I'm a realistic ULM fan. If we can win the Belt, we'll get the New Orleans bowl or the Go Daddy Bowl. This tech fan is very unrealistic. Even if they do go undefeated, their strength of schedule will not get them a BCS berth. I hope A&M puts the tech fans' world back in perspective this week.

I wouldn't think La Tech would go to the New Orleans Bowl if they were 12-0 or 11-1
10-07-2012 02:11 PM
Advertisement

ULMwarhawk2010 Offline
Water Engineer

Maybe not, but I can dream. lol. They're definitely no BCS buster. That's the bottom line. I just think it's funny that they think they're so much better than ULM when they're actually pretty even in my opinion...but that's just my opinion. ULM has definitely had a much tougher OOC schedule than they do, but that's because we need the money, and, apparently, they don't.
10-07-2012 02:30 PM
tyler90wm Offline
Blue Raider

I Root For: MT
(10-07-2012 02:30 PM)ULMwarhawk2010 Wrote:  Maybe not, but I can dream. lol. They're definitely no BCS buster. That's the bottom line. I just think it's funny that they think they're so much better than ULM when they're actually pretty even in my opinion...but that's just my opinion. ULM has definitely had a much tougher OOC schedule than they do, but that's because we need the money, and, apparently, they don't.

I'd love for any Sun Belt team to have a shot at them, but it would be better if it was either of the Louisiana teams going up against them.
10-07-2012 03:12 PM
Fanof49ASU Offline
Heisman

I Root For: stAte
(10-07-2012 02:02 PM)ULMwarhawk2010 Wrote:  I told a tech fan that hopefully ULM will win the Belt and play Tech in the New Orleans Bowl (because I know that bowls are all about $$$ and that match-up would sell tickets), and he actually said that Tech is a BCS buster. Haha!

That guy has been listening to other Tech fans dreaming.

Their opponents...
Houston (2-3) wins over Rice (1-4, just got beat by Memphis) and UNT (2-4)
Rice (1-4) win over Kansas (no FBS wins)
Illinois (2-4) wins over Western Michigan (3-3) and Charleston Southern (FCS)
Virginia (2-4) wins over Penn St (4-2) and Richmond (FCS)
UNLV (1-4) win over Air Force (2-3)

They're lucky. They caught a couple of name schools in down years at the same time.
(This post was last modified: 10-07-2012 03:14 PM by Fanof49ASU.)
10-07-2012 03:13 PM
CrazyCajun Offline
All American

I Root For: Louisiana
(10-07-2012 11:37 AM)Arrowhead Wrote:  As glad as I am that here are 3 SBC teams receiving votes, it's kinda strange that last week ULM was receiving 8 votes and ULL and WKU ( who should have been receiving votes) had none. This week ULL struggles in a blowout (if thats possible) with Tulane and WKU was off. ULM beats a good MT team that just destroyed GT, yet ULM drops to 3 votes, ULL has 6, and WKU has 7. Not to mentioned Tech is ranked (deservedly so). Hmmmm...

Arrowhead, football polls are subjective. ULM has games left against ASU, WKU and Louisiana, should they run the table then I would expect a top twenty five ranking. I don't care about top twenty votes, just wins. Respect will come with wins and a bowl bid.
10-07-2012 03:23 PM
dahbeed Offline
Heisman

I Root For: wku toppahs!!!
blame it on karl benson.

that's what the asu fans on tribal den would say. according to them western has always been the conference darling in hoops and now benson is cheating for us in football.

that is how we beat them.

someone said we have 3 coaches on the poll. last week after (ch/b)eating the defending champs the 3 sunbelt coaches saw fit that win rated 0 votes.

my guess is benson called those 3 coaches and made them vote for western this week.
10-07-2012 03:39 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

CivilEng Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: FIU
(10-07-2012 03:13 PM)Fanof49ASU Wrote:  
(10-07-2012 02:02 PM)ULMwarhawk2010 Wrote:  I told a tech fan that hopefully ULM will win the Belt and play Tech in the New Orleans Bowl (because I know that bowls are all about $$$ and that match-up would sell tickets), and he actually said that Tech is a BCS buster. Haha!

That guy has been listening to other Tech fans dreaming.

Their opponents...
Houston (2-3) wins over Rice (1-4, just got beat by Memphis) and UNT (2-4)
Rice (1-4) win over Kansas (no FBS wins)
Illinois (2-4) wins over Western Michigan (3-3) and Charleston Southern (FCS)
Virginia (2-4) wins over Penn St (4-2) and Richmond (FCS)
UNLV (1-4) win over Air Force (2-3)

They're lucky. They caught a couple of name schools in down years at the same time.

I agree but don't pull this fact sheet on any Tech fan. They can easily point out that Arkansas, Kentucky and GT are having a down year as well.
10-07-2012 04:15 PM
TrojanNation Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Troy
(10-07-2012 04:15 PM)CivilEng Wrote:  I agree but don't pull this fact sheet on any Tech fan. They can easily point out that Arkansas, Kentucky and GT are having a down year as well.

But ULM isn't the one claiming to be "BCS Busters"...
10-07-2012 04:26 PM
T_Won1 Offline
All American

I Root For: Louisiana Tech
(10-07-2012 02:30 PM)ULMwarhawk2010 Wrote:  Maybe not, but I can dream. lol. They're definitely no BCS buster. That's the bottom line. I just think it's funny that they think they're so much better than ULM when they're actually pretty even in my opinion...but that's just my opinion. ULM has definitely had a much tougher OOC schedule than they do, but that's because we need the money, and, apparently, they don't.

This guy breaks down the non-AQ race for the BCS spot pretty good:

"The non-AQ picture could get a lot clearer next week if Texas A&M beats Louisiana Tech. Then again, if the Bulldogs win that game, the race will be a whole lot messier. If Louisiana Tech does not pass Boise State after that win, then Boise State will definitely control their own destiny. If, as expected, Louisiana Tech passes Boise, we will have one heck of a race on our hands. Because it looks like the Big Ten champion will not be in the top 16 unless someone runs the table from here, a non-AQ will only need to be top 16, which both Boise and Louisiana Tech would reach. Even if Louisiana Tech passes Boise State next week, though, Boise will get a chance to pass them back with a big game at Nevada the final week of the year (Louisiana Tech faces San Jose State, who is also currently receiving votes, that same week though).

But these are not the only two non-AQs in the race here. They are certainly the front-runners, but they are by no means the only teams that can make it. Ohio is in the picture if those two trip up. There are also 3 1-loss MAC teams that can be ranked if they win out, though Toledo is probably the only team that can come close to the top 16. Nevada also has a chance, if they can be ranked when they meet a 10-1 Boise State in the final week of the year (and if Louisiana Tech loses a game), then they may be able to crack the top 16 with a win over Boise on the final weekend. San Jose State is in a similar position when they can face Louisiana Tech the last week of the year. And Western Kentucky has no real big win to hang their hat on, but their only loss is to #1 Alabama so maybe voters will cut them some slack if they run the table aside from that.

http://tshq.co/2012/10/bcs-implications-week-6-2/
10-07-2012 04:39 PM
ULMwarhawk2010 Offline
Water Engineer

(10-07-2012 04:39 PM)T_Won1 Wrote:  This guy breaks down the non-AQ race for the BCS spot pretty good:

"The non-AQ picture could get a lot clearer next week if Texas A&M beats Louisiana Tech. Then again, if the Bulldogs win that game, the race will be a whole lot messier. If Louisiana Tech does not pass Boise State after that win, then Boise State will definitely control their own destiny. If, as expected, Louisiana Tech passes Boise, we will have one heck of a race on our hands. Because it looks like the Big Ten champion will not be in the top 16 unless someone runs the table from here, a non-AQ will only need to be top 16, which both Boise and Louisiana Tech would reach. Even if Louisiana Tech passes Boise State next week, though, Boise will get a chance to pass them back with a big game at Nevada the final week of the year (Louisiana Tech faces San Jose State, who is also currently receiving votes, that same week though).

But these are not the only two non-AQs in the race here. They are certainly the front-runners, but they are by no means the only teams that can make it. Ohio is in the picture if those two trip up. There are also 3 1-loss MAC teams that can be ranked if they win out, though Toledo is probably the only team that can come close to the top 16. Nevada also has a chance, if they can be ranked when they meet a 10-1 Boise State in the final week of the year (and if Louisiana Tech loses a game), then they may be able to crack the top 16 with a win over Boise on the final weekend. San Jose State is in a similar position when they can face Louisiana Tech the last week of the year. And Western Kentucky has no real big win to hang their hat on, but their only loss is to #1 Alabama so maybe voters will cut them some slack if they run the table aside from that.

It's still only week 6. Your one and only decent opponent is this week. Ole miss forced 6 turnovers on A&M last night and still lost. I just don't think Tech has the defense to stop A&M, and I think A&M does have the defense to stop Tech. Tech will score points, but A&M scores more.
(This post was last modified: 10-07-2012 05:09 PM by ULMwarhawk2010.)
10-07-2012 04:56 PM
bluephi1914 Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

(10-07-2012 01:13 PM)Dudleytop Wrote:  WKU 36th
ULL 37th
ULM 42nd

Could be...I don't think WKU will beat Troy, but if so I can see WKU getting closer to the top 25 rankings.
10-07-2012 04:57 PM
Advertisement

T_Won1 Offline
All American

(10-07-2012 04:56 PM)ULMwarhawk2010 Wrote:  
(10-07-2012 04:39 PM)T_Won1 Wrote:  This guy breaks down the non-AQ race for the BCS spot pretty good:

It's still only week 6. You're one and only decent opponent is this week. Ole miss forced 6 turnovers on A&M last night and still lost. I just don't think Tech has the defense to stop A&M, and I think A&M does have the defense to stop Tech. Tech will score points, but A&M scores more.

I think that's the general consensus... including myself. But that's why they play the game. We would probably need 4 turnovers to win it.
10-07-2012 05:04 PM
wkuhilltopperfan Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WKU
(10-07-2012 04:57 PM)bluephi1914 Wrote:  
(10-07-2012 01:13 PM)Dudleytop Wrote:  WKU 36th
ULL 37th
ULM 42nd

Could be...I don't think WKU will beat Troy, but if so I can see WKU getting closer to the top 25 rankings.

I can't see WKU winning anymore games...... After we lost bobby rainey this past year , that was 60% of our offense and Taggart forgot to recruit replacement players. Jakes will be 50 years old and making freshman mistakes still. Our luck has ran out. 4-8 will be our final record and no bowl again. ( this message has been Dabeed approved)
10-07-2012 05:10 PM
ULMwarhawk2010 Offline
Water Engineer

(10-07-2012 05:04 PM)T_Won1 Wrote:  
(10-07-2012 04:39 PM)T_Won1 Wrote:  

It's still only week 6. Your one and only decent opponent is this week. Ole miss forced 6 turnovers on A&M last night and still lost. I just don't think Tech has the defense to stop A&M, and I think A&M does have the defense to stop Tech. Tech will score points, but A&M scores more.

I think that's the general consensus... including myself. But that's why they play the game. We would probably need 4 turnovers to win it.

Well, you're the first realistic Tech fan I've met. Nice to meet you.
(This post was last modified: 10-07-2012 05:15 PM by ULMwarhawk2010.)
10-07-2012 05:14 PM
T_Won1 Offline
All American

(10-07-2012 05:14 PM)ULMwarhawk2010 Wrote:  
(10-07-2012 05:04 PM)T_Won1 Wrote:  
(10-07-2012 04:39 PM)T_Won1 Wrote:  

Well, you're the first realistic Tech fan I've met. Nice to meet you.

Everyone wants to be hopeful that their team can win, but we've played A&M several times and it has never been close. Tech fans know we will have to play over our heads to keep this one close. A&M has looked fantastic... big, fast, strong, and well-coached. We aren't blind.
10-07-2012 05:25 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.