GSU: Parker Executive Search Hired for HC Vacancy
Bookmark and Share
panama Offline
Legend

I Root For: Georgia STATE
GSU: Parker Executive Search Hired for HC Vacancy
http://blogs.ajc.com/georgia-state-sport...ate_sports

Quote:Parker retained

Georgia State has turned to a familiar firm, Parker Executive Search, to assist in hiring the next football coach, athletic director Cheryl Levick said on Monday. Curry said earlier this year that he is going to retire from coaching when the season concluded Nov. 10 at Maine.

Parker, based in Atlanta, assisted Georgia State in finding Ron Hunter, who led the men’s basketball team to a 22-12 record last year.

The coaching job will be posted on http://www.gsu.edu Tuesday. For confidential consideration or to make a recommendation, contact Daniel Parker at danielparker@parkersearch.com.

“Everyone associated with Georgia State football is completely focused on supporting this team, especially our student-athletes, as we look for a positive finish for this season and for Coach Curry’s career,” Levick said in a statement. “At the same time, we must also focus on the next chapter and the development of this program. The hiring process for a head football coach is intricate and detailed, and it is important that we have ample time to perform our due diligence and find a great coach.

“The selection of Georgia State’s next head football coach is obviously crucial to the future of our athletics program, especially as we move to the Football Bowl Subdivision and the Sun Belt Conference,” Levick said. “We are looking for a program builder – a great recruiter, a leader and a high-energy individual who will roll up his sleeves and get to work to build Georgia State football as we move into our very exciting future.

“The use of Parker Executive Search allows us to identify and evaluate the best possible candidates in a confidential and professional manner.”
10-01-2012 04:03 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Usajags Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: South Alabama
RE: GSU: Parker Executive Search Hired for HC Vacancy
It will be interesting to see who you end up with. There have been some big hires the last couple of years in the conference and another one would be great. Good luck, it will be fun to watch.
10-01-2012 06:38 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
ASU has used Parker before...although not for recent hires that I know of.
10-01-2012 06:45 PM
panama Offline
Legend

They probably should not have prInted his email. I know many have sent emails already.
10-01-2012 11:16 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ATLGSUEAGLE Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: GA....SOUTHERN
I just faxed in my resume, dd, b
10-02-2012 07:56 AM
panama Offline
Legend

That should be a short notecard,
10-02-2012 08:22 AM
Advertisement

slycat Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Texas State
I think that's who Texas St used when we got Fran. Of course his name had already come up before they were hired as he had already coached at the school and was connected to the AD. Long story short it seems like it was all for show and a waste of money the way we used it.
10-02-2012 09:43 AM
slycat Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Texas State
But they did being in some interesting candidates so its going to get fun and exciting.
10-02-2012 09:43 AM
Usajags Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

Due to all the rules and regulations concerning hiring right now, even if you know who you are going to hire you still have to bring candidates in for interviews.

GA St fans, who would you like to see get that job???
10-02-2012 10:26 AM
Tuscon Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Georgia State
(10-02-2012 10:26 AM)Usajags Wrote:  Due to all the rules and regulations concerning hiring right now, even if you know who you are going to hire you still have to bring candidates in for interviews.

Personally, Mike Bobo. He's broken a bunch of UGA records while he's been there. He's had some suspect playcalling, but that seems to generally be fixed this season. He's an excellent QB coach. Also, they don't pay him as much as we'd offer.
10-02-2012 10:47 AM
Usajags Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I could see Bobo being a good hire and brings a name that people in ATL know. You could have some UGA fans show up just to see their old QB roaming the sideline.
10-02-2012 10:51 AM
Advertisement

panama Offline
Legend

James Coley
10-02-2012 03:25 PM
GSU Eagles Offline
Heisman

I Root For: GeorgiaSouthern
(10-02-2012 10:47 AM)Tuscon Wrote:  
(10-02-2012 10:26 AM)Usajags Wrote:  Due to all the rules and regulations concerning hiring right now, even if you know who you are going to hire you still have to bring candidates in for interviews.

Personally, Mike Bobo. He's broken a bunch of UGA records while he's been there. He's had some suspect playcalling, but that seems to generally be fixed this season. He's an excellent QB coach. Also, they don't pay him as much as we'd offer.

Bobo would be a terrible hire for Ga State.

Ga State needs a high-energy type person that can sell the program and build it from scratch. He will also have to live out of his office for the first few years.

Bobo is a slacker and definitely not a high energy type guy. No way you guys hire him.
10-02-2012 07:22 PM
AppinVA Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: Appalachian St.

Are the rules nowadays the reason schools use search firms -- kind of like a CMA? I just don't see the use otherwise. I guess it also distances the AD from the hire, but I want an AD with enough in his sack to be able to make an intelligent hire and stand behind it.
10-02-2012 07:27 PM
Usajags Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

John L. Smith will be available for the job. 03-nutkick
10-02-2012 07:38 PM
panama Offline
Legend

(10-02-2012 07:22 PM)GSU Eagles Wrote:  
(10-02-2012 10:47 AM)Tuscon Wrote:  

Bobo would be a terrible hire for Ga State.

Ga State needs a high-energy type person that can sell the program and build it from scratch. He will also have to live out of his office for the first few years.

Bobo is a slacker and definitely not a high energy type guy. No way you guys hire him.
Yeah that's my fear. The new coach will have to be a 24/7 coach and politician. I dont see Bobo as that guy

(10-02-2012 07:27 PM)AppinVA Wrote:  

Are the rules nowadays the reason schools use search firms -- kind of like a CMA? I just don't see the use otherwise. I guess it also distances the AD from the hire, but I want an AD with enough in his sack to be able to make an intelligent hire and stand behind it.

I think the idea is that they are supposed ro be subject matter experts
10-02-2012 10:48 PM
Advertisement

Panthersville Offline
1st String

(10-02-2012 07:27 PM)AppinVA Wrote:  

...gotta have an AD with a sack first...... (yeah.......I went there!)

Sorry, that was just teed-up too well to ignore.
10-03-2012 10:37 AM
BariBlue Offline
Bench Warmer

I know Houston Nutt has been mentioned as a possible candidate...
10-03-2012 10:42 AM
AppinVA Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: Appalachian St.
I wonder if anyone has studied the W&L for programs that used search firms against programs that didn't? That's why I think it's either a procedural matter, a CMA or window dressing to make the boosters happy (probably a little bit from A, B and C). i hope it works for you. You all have a lot of seats to fill.
10-03-2012 10:49 AM
panama Offline
Legend

Believe it or not interviewing is a skill set that is in short supply at most large organizations. I am going to guess that most FBS schools use a firm. It also provides an objective view from an impartial outsider. "Based on the criteria you gave us these are the 4 best candidates"
10-03-2012 12:04 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.