Article on UCF Attendance woes for Missouri Game
09-30-2012 09:17 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ncbeta Offline
Suffering from trolliosis

I Root For: ECU
RE: Article on UCF Attendance woes for Missouri Game
Mizzou a middle of the pack big 12 team this year? Has he seen the big 12? They would be at the bottom, that conference is nasty.
(This post was last modified: 09-30-2012 09:28 AM by ncbeta.)
09-30-2012 09:25 AM
200yrs2late Offline
Resident Parrothead

I Root For: East Carolina
Read the comments. Fans blaming poor attendance of 90 degree heat and noon game.... Didn't they blast ECU for complaining about 100 degree heat and a noon game just 4 weeks ago?

I don't get the complaining about ticket prices either. Do their fans think the tickets will get cheaper after the move to the nBE? If so they have a rude awakening coming.
09-30-2012 09:42 AM
CougarRed Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Houston
It's a function of the probation. When you have nothing to play for, fans tend to find other things to do on Saturday afternoons in large cities.
09-30-2012 10:02 AM
Cougar King Offline
Banned

I Root For: Houston
UCF usually has some of the best attendance since they average around 50k. Whats going on in Orlando?
09-30-2012 10:03 AM
200yrs2late Offline
Resident Parrothead

(09-30-2012 10:03 AM)Eagle Green Wrote:  UCF usually has some of the best attendance since they average around 50k. Whats going on in Orlando?

Forgive me, I'm still soaking wet and exhausted from the late ECU game last night, but I hope that's sarcasm in your post.
09-30-2012 10:03 AM
Advertisement

PirateMarv Offline
Hall of Famer

(09-30-2012 10:02 AM)CougarRed Wrote:  It's a function of the probation. When you have nothing to play for, fans tend to find other things to do on Saturday afternoons in large cities.

Good try. They appealed that probation, so they have something to play for.

The fact of the business is that there were millions of folks at home watching on television.
09-30-2012 10:04 AM
GCEagle Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Southern Miss
That article was the biggest load of s#!t I've ever read.
09-30-2012 10:20 AM
tigerjeb Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis Tigers

CrappiesDonatorsMemphis Hall of Fame
college football attendance outside of the megas is down everywhere. the nfl is begining to face the same issue. with disposable incomes down and televison/internet options galore, its very easy for the casual fan to watch at home
(This post was last modified: 09-30-2012 10:28 AM by tigerjeb.)
09-30-2012 10:25 AM
Knightsweat Offline
Heisman

I Root For: OU & UCF
I actually defended ECU fans during that stupid ECU attendance thread, back a couple weeks ago. The real issue people had with this Mizzou game was the ticket prices and the game time. I was at the game yesterday, and it was no-**** hot, but I survived it. I think I sweated as much fluid as I took in. LOL. The fanbase is super pissed at GOL right now. He and his staff completely mismanaged that game. We should have beaten that team. But, all that said, I'm looking forward to this week's game with the Pirates.
09-30-2012 10:36 AM
lowercase Offline
2nd String

I Root For: UCF
Bianchi has that article ready for copy and paste every time we don't sell out, and another one for when we lose to a name team. Today he gets to merge them. Good for him, probably saved time.

The attendance low is a combination of all of the above, but I think it's essentially a product of 8 years of terribly boring football that rarely leads to a win against superior talent. If we had knocked off Ohio State, we're probably full yesterday. But that was never going to happen, and anyone who's watched this program for long didn't expect to win yesterday.

The people badmouthing ECU for an attendance drop for heat have hopefully learned their lesson. It was miserably hot in the stadium- the hottest I can remember since maybe 2007. I can honestly say that the 3rd and most of the 4th quarter are about the least fun I've ever had at our stadium- watching O'Learyball in those conditions just sucks.
09-30-2012 10:41 AM
Advertisement

200yrs2late Offline
Resident Parrothead

(09-30-2012 10:41 AM)lowercase Wrote:  Bianchi has that article ready for copy and paste every time we don't sell out, and another one for when we lose to a name team. Today he gets to merge them. Good for him, probably saved time.

The attendance low is a combination of all of the above, but I think it's essentially a product of 8 years of terribly boring football that rarely leads to a win against superior talent. If we had knocked off Ohio State, we're probably full yesterday. But that was never going to happen, and anyone who's watched this program for long didn't expect to win yesterday.

The people badmouthing ECU for an attendance drop for heat have hopefully learned their lesson. It was miserably hot in the stadium- the hottest I can remember since maybe 2007. I can honestly say that the 3rd and most of the 4th quarter are about the least fun I've ever had at our stadium- watching O'Learyball in those conditions just sucks.

Why does he seem to hate UCF so much? I couldn't imagine a local writer around here doing that to ECU. Even the writers in Raleigh that are die-hard UNC and NCSU don't really trash ECU, they just ignore us.
09-30-2012 10:43 AM
Chappy Offline
Resident Goonie

UCF will be fine.

Attendance will pick up next year, when instead of playing non-AQ teams like Houston, Memphis and SMU they will be playing AQ teams like Houston, Memphis and SMU.
09-30-2012 10:47 AM
lowercase Offline
2nd String

(09-30-2012 10:43 AM)200yrs2late Wrote:  Why does he seem to hate UCF so much? I couldn't imagine a local writer around here doing that to ECU. Even the writers in Raleigh that are die-hard UNC and NCSU don't really trash ECU, they just ignore us.

He's just a troll- he's been doing it since before that was even a word. A few weeks ago he sang about how UCF was going to go up there and teach Urban Meyer a lesson. He kicks whoever's down, and rides the bandwagons of whoever won the week before. Whatever he has to do to get page views without doing any real work or forumlating any viable opinions.

He's a Gator alum, so that's part of it, but he'll turn on them at the drop of a hat too.
09-30-2012 10:47 AM
Chevelle Offline
Bench Warmer

(09-30-2012 10:43 AM)200yrs2late Wrote:  Why does he seem to hate UCF so much? I couldn't imagine a local writer around here doing that to ECU. Even the writers in Raleigh that are die-hard UNC and NCSU don't really trash ECU, they just ignore us.

Bianchi is a Gator, through and through. Graduated there, and will defend UF until he is blue in the face, but can also write a mash-up against them as well. Anything to get views and clicks on the OS website. He has always treated UCF like the try-hard little brother of UF that never gets anything right.

It was hot, hot, hot yesterday. My face and neck are still stinging a bit from my sunburn, but we all were pretty frustrated by the turnout, but by no means can I blame people for not showing. Another typical O'Leary coached blunder in the noon Florida sun isn't worth it to our the 15,000-20,000 fair-weather fanbase. Our hard-core fanbase (30,000-35,000) will always show up. We always work to get the fair-weather fans in...

And here is a Missouri article about our tailgating. Unfortunately, this is what many or our fans do instead of going into the game.
http://www.columbiamissourian.com/storie...game-time/
(This post was last modified: 09-30-2012 10:57 AM by Chevelle.)
09-30-2012 10:55 AM
SouthernPirate55 Offline
1st String

I've seen ticket prices mentioned a couple times, once here and others in the comment section. Did they really raise prices that high?

Seems to me the lack of attendance is probably due to GOL than tickets
09-30-2012 11:30 AM
Advertisement

ShoreBuc Offline
Heisman

Bianchi is a DBag and I thought that reading his articles when I lived in Orlando....even as a ECU fan when he was badmouthing UCF. For ECU fans to comprehend he basically is a ACC ballsack holder...insert FSU, UF and Miami who reports on UCF because he has to and will pat them on the head and hand them a cookie from time to time like he has done them a favor for interrupting his day of covering the big boys.

I can only imagine that the Noon game yesterday was miserable as far as the heat goes. I was expecting to see a sell out to start the game against a SEC team that UCF had a very legitimate chance of beating. Heading to Orlando Thursday for the ECU game so glad the game is at night
(This post was last modified: 09-30-2012 11:57 AM by ShoreBuc.)
09-30-2012 11:57 AM
ArmoredUpKnight Online
Heisman

I Root For: UCF Knights
This is just the tip of the iceberg my friends. Bianchi is a troll but he is right on one thing. CUSA attendance will be 10 times worse than this.

Die-hard UCF fans and long time season ticket holders are done this season. It's already been tagged a Lame Duck CUSA season. They are just waiting for Big East play to start. Possibly winning CUSA isn't enough for some of these guys.

I kind of hope someone else wins CUSA this year. This fan base doesn't deserve the championship and won't appreciate it.
09-30-2012 12:14 PM
NothingButKnight Offline
All American

I Root For: UCF, LSU
I can understand why some people are frustrated with O'Leary-ball, but that's no excuse to not support the players. I think I missed one game in five years living in Orlando.

As for O'Leary, he's been good for us. Gave this program a lot of firsts: bowl game, division championship, conference championship, ending in the top 25. He also campaigned for the new facilities and I believe the new Towers dorms. He's at the end of the road though, the "building" part of the job is nearly done, and now we need someone to take the next step.
09-30-2012 12:20 PM
jaredf29 Offline
Smiter of Trolls

For you ECUers making the trip, expect way low attendance that game, like 15-20k. GOL has made a habit of breaking fans hearts every year with pissing games away and the thursday night thing won't help. Enjoy yourselves down there and have fun, our coach will be the best thing for ECU.
09-30-2012 12:28 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.