WMU Broncos

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Preseason CCHA Predictions
broncos24 Offline
All American

I Root For: WMU
Preseason CCHA Predictions
Some websites and publications will start to roll out their preseason predictions and accolades in the coming weeks.

Use this thread to post any and all links that will fend off your craving for college hockey.

Up first, College Hockey Weekly:
http://www.collegehockeyweekly.com/2012-...tions.html
(This post was last modified: 09-21-2012 10:42 AM by broncos24.)
09-21-2012 10:41 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

stdatwmu Offline
All American

I Root For: WMU Broncos
RE: Preseason CCHA Predictions
Good stuff.

Let's all briefly reflect on how far this program's come in a few years... 04-rock

[Image: sptXV.png]
09-21-2012 10:50 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MileHighBronco Offline
Legend

I Root For: Broncos
Look on the chart on the bottom row - the Sioux contributor.

Biggest Surprise

Quote:Western Michigan

Andy Murray leads the Broncos to the CCHA title, then follows it up with a trip to the National Championship.

Wow. I know it is just a prediction but ..........
09-21-2012 11:11 AM
BroncoDetroit Offline
Bench Warmer

GREAT! But damn I hate predictions for the fear of disappointment. Go Broncos! My wild a** guess....Broncos win IT ALL. Bronco MVP - Justin Kovacs.....didn't, in my opinion, get much icetime last season and we will see his real skill this season! I'm from Detroit and have followed him from his Grosse Pointe North High School days. I know the family just a little...I think we are in for a real surprise!
09-21-2012 12:20 PM
Advertisement

suum_cuique171 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Bronco
They will meet my expectations if this team wins the final Mason Cup. I also think they'll finally meet my NCAA expectations if the whole team shows up for the first round and wins a game. Beyond that I don't want any potential heartbreak.
09-21-2012 12:33 PM
MileHighBronco Offline
Legend

Agree completely.
09-21-2012 03:31 PM
broncos24 Offline
All American

(09-21-2012 12:33 PM)suum_cuique171 Wrote:  They will meet my expectations if this team wins the final Mason Cup. I also think they'll finally meet my NCAA expectations if the whole team shows up for the first round and wins a game. Beyond that I don't want any potential heartbreak.

This.

An ideal season for me would be:
1. Win the CCHA regular season OR tournament championship
2. Win 1 NCAA tournament game*
3. Sell out 10 of 18 home games (6 of 18 last year)

*This expectation changes completely if we're in the Grand Rapids regional.

Given the fact we are returning 5 of 6 defensemen, an MVP-type goalie and our top 5 scorers...I don't think it's too much ask.

Anything less would be a mild disappointment.
(This post was last modified: 09-21-2012 03:39 PM by broncos24.)
09-21-2012 03:37 PM
Advertisement

Bronco1974 Offline
Special Teams

(09-21-2012 12:33 PM)suum_cuique171 Wrote:  They will meet my expectations if this team wins the final Mason Cup. I also think they'll finally meet my NCAA expectations if the whole team shows up for the first round and wins a game. Beyond that I don't want any potential heartbreak.

If we win the Mason Cup can we rename it?
09-21-2012 03:43 PM
MileHighBronco Offline
Legend

The Murray Cup?
09-21-2012 07:07 PM
Kimbosucks Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WMU/Boat Drinks
I can't wait for hockey, my football is killing me. I agree win one of the two ccha title and win one game in ncaa's and let the chips fall where they may. Winning the scum season series would add something to the above.
09-21-2012 11:33 PM
Advertisement

stdatwmu Offline
All American

I Root For: WMU Broncos
(09-21-2012 03:37 PM)broncos24 Wrote:  

This.

An ideal season for me would be:
1. Win the CCHA regular season OR tournament championship
2. Win 1 NCAA tournament game*
3. Sell out 10 of 18 home games (6 of 18 last year)

*This expectation changes completely if we're in the Grand Rapids regional.

Given the fact we are returning 5 of 6 defensemen, an MVP-type goalie and our top 5 scorers...I don't think it's too much ask.

Anything less would be a mild disappointment.

I'm 100% on board with you guys as well.

Anything beyond winning an NCAA game this year (and we better win at least one!) is a season of exceeding expectations, in my opinion.
09-23-2012 10:42 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
broncos24 Offline
All American

Marquette's Mining Journal (NMU) beat writer submitted these picks to the CCHA office.

He said ballots are due on Friday (9/28)

Quote:2012-13 CCHA Preseason Media Poll ballot
1. Western Michigan — Goaltenders get me every time in preseason polls, and the Broncos have the best returner in sophomore Frank Slubowski. He should get plenty of goal support from juniors Chase Balisy and Shane Berschbach.

2. Notre Dame — The Irish finished eighth last year, but don’t expect a repeat, not with leading scorers T.J. Tynan and Anders Lee returning for their junior year. Junior Steven Summerhays provides some great insurance between the pipes.

3. Michigan — The Wolverines will have a rookie between the pipes, but they’ll be able to counter his struggles by outscoring opponents, because that’s what Michigan does. Sophomore Alex Guptill and seniors A.J. Treais and Lee Moffie are back, plus Jon Merrill back on defense.

4. Ferris State — This is showing respect for the 2011 national runners up. The Bulldogs must replace leading scorer Jordie Johnston, defenseman Chad Billins and goaltender Taylor Nelson. Returning seniors Kyle Bonis and Matthew Kirzinger and sophomore goalie C.J. Motte make me feel better about them in fourth.

5. Northern Michigan — Homer pick? Maybe, but I like what the Wildcats have coming back on the blue line and between the pipes. Junior Jared Coreau could be the best goaltender in the league, plus he’ll have the league’s most experienced defense with all six starters back from last year.

6. Miami — The RedHawks are this low because Connor Knapp and Cody Reichard are gone. So is the league’s leading scorer in Reilly Smith. They are this high because of Austin Czarnik.

7. Michigan State —Tom Anastos did great things last season with Rick Comley’s players to finish fifth. Now the rebuilding begins, and the Spartans will take a step by having lost 10 letter winners from last year. Only 12 remain and one of those is not Torey Krug. Will Yanakeff will carry this team.

8. Bowling Green — With sophomores Ryan Carpenter and Dan DeSalvo back up front and senior goaltender Andrew Hammond as well, BGSU will build off its run to Joe Louis Arena last year.

9. Ohio State — The Buckeyes enter this season hoping to get their second win of the 2012 calendar year, having gone 1-11-4 since New Years Day. The Buckeyes return 20 from last season, and I’m not sure that’s a good thing.

10. Lake Superior — Kevin Kapalka is back in net for the Lakers, but he was mediocre last season. The early departures of Kyle Jean and Zach Trotman will sting all season.

11. Alaska — Junior Cody Kunyk was a top-20 scorer last year. Scott Greenham is back in goal, but he wasn’t much better than Kapalka. The Nanooks do have this going for them, though.
http://www.miningjournal.net/page/blogs....allot.html
(This post was last modified: 09-25-2012 01:39 PM by broncos24.)
09-25-2012 01:39 PM
Broncodan Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Broncos!!
Scott Greenham is NOT back in goal for Alaska, he graduated and is now playing in the AHL and Kapalka played goalie for LSSU not Alaska................
09-26-2012 01:02 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.