Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

SBC grade for week 3...
Bookmark and Share
OwlFamily Offline
FLORIDA ATLANTICS DEFENDER OF THE FAITH

I Root For: FLORIDA ATLANTIC
SBC grade for week 3...
How do you feel the SBC did in week 3? Did we improve our perception?

SBC goes 2-10

I'll give the SBC a B.

Arkansas State vs Nebraska
Louisiana vs Oklahoma State
LA Monroe vs Aurburn
FIU vs UCF
South Alabama vs NC State
Middle tennesse vs Memphis
North Texas vs Kansas State
Troy vs Mississippi State
FAU vs Georgia
WKU vs Kentucky

I think WKU,FAU,ULM,Troy performed better than expected.

MTSU, USA, UNT performed as expected

stAte, ULL, FIU worse than expected.
09-16-2012 08:25 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BMcKitchup Offline
Banned

I Root For: CUSA
RE: SBC grade for week 3...
(09-16-2012 08:25 AM)OwlFamily Wrote:  How do you feel the SBC did in week 3? Did we improve our perception?

SBC goes 2-10

I'll give the SBC a B.

Arkansas State vs Nebraska
Louisiana vs Oklahoma State
LA Monroe vs Aurburn
FIU vs UCF
South Alabama vs NC State
Middle tennesse vs Memphis
North Texas vs Kansas State
Troy vs Mississippi State
FAU vs Georgia
WKU vs Kentucky

I think WKU,FAU,ULM,Troy performed better than expected.

MTSU, USA, UNT performed as expected

stAte, ULL, FIU worse than expected.

I expected ULM and and WKU to win their games. Troy, FAU and USA also met exectations. I think MTSU and UNT exceeded expectations. I didn't expect MTSU to beat Memphis that bad and I didn't expect UNT to be within one point of the 15th ranked team in the country near the end of the third quarter. I agree with the three that performed worse that expected. ULL being down 44-0 at the half was about bad as it gets.
09-16-2012 09:20 AM
tyler90wm Offline
Blue Raider

I Root For: MT
UNT impressed me with their game against K-State; I'm interested to see how the game against Troy turns out.
09-16-2012 09:21 AM
Advertisement

MDH Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UNT, Fresno St
What game did you watch where FAU exceeded expectations and UNT met? Unless you think that highly of us, then I'm flattered
09-16-2012 09:35 AM
Journeyman22 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: South Alabama
SBC grade for week 3...
I'd give us an 'A' as a conference if it wasn't for the ULL beat down. And what is wrong with FIU?

Another great week for ULM, one that did not surprise this time. WKU did well against big brother a year ago; this year, their time.

UNT and FAU made me pay attention. FAU should be happy for hanging with #7 as long as they did. UNT was never really out of it with another ranked team.

I'll give a solid 'B,' as well.
09-16-2012 09:39 AM
Advertisement

Side Show Joe Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: North Texas
(09-16-2012 09:39 AM)Journeyman22 Wrote:  I'd give us an 'A' as a conference if it wasn't for the ULL beat down. And what is wrong with FIU?

Another great week for ULM, one that did not surprise this time. WKU did well against big brother a year ago; this year, their time.

UNT and FAU made me pay attention. FAU should be happy for hanging with #7 as long as they did. UNT was never really out of it with another ranked team.

UNT gets an "F". Coach McCarney doesn't believe in moral victories. In his eye, there is no excuse for losing, regardless of the opponent. This new attitude has had a positive effect on our team. We are improving, but we did not win the game.
09-16-2012 09:47 AM
garmen Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Louisiana
(09-16-2012 09:47 AM)Side Show Joe Wrote:  
(09-16-2012 09:39 AM)Journeyman22 Wrote:  I'd give us an 'A' as a conference if it wasn't for the ULL beat down. And what is wrong with FIU?

UNT gets an "F". Coach McCarney doesn't believe in moral victories. In his eye, there is no excuse for losing, regardless of the opponent. This new attitude has had a positive effect on our team. We are improving, but we did not win the game.

Agreed, every non AQ team and conference should have this attitude. And it looks like we are all starting to do that.
(This post was last modified: 09-16-2012 10:19 AM by garmen.)
09-16-2012 10:18 AM
Advertisement

MG61 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UNT
(09-16-2012 10:18 AM)garmen Wrote:  
(09-16-2012 09:47 AM)Side Show Joe Wrote:  

Agreed, every non AQ team and conference should have this attitude. And it looks like we are all starting to do that.

Coach McCarney's comments after the game
A lot of the game effort was good we won't settle for losing

I came to North Texas to build it the right way and tonight we didn't get it done.

If we're ok with losing then I'm in the wrong place.

It's not good enough to lose and play a good game.

We came here believing we could win this game.

This should make us sick for 24 hours and after that we need to move on and win the Sun Belt conference.

You should have better results with the completion percentage Thompson had tonight.

Our special teams hurt us tonight...we gotta get that fixed. It needs to become a strength.

When you go all night long and you never get any heat on the quarterback you don't lay a hand on him he'll make you look silly.

Derek Thompson is a player - he looked really good - he made good decisions - he has great pride and the entire team does and losing really hurts, I knew he would come back after TSU and play well and he did.

On oline - I saw some good positive things from the O-Line - when you lose a game it is as a team - there's some maturity about this group. We all feel good about winning and we hate losing.
09-16-2012 10:25 AM
OwlFamily Offline
FLORIDA ATLANTICS DEFENDER OF THE FAITH

I Root For: FLORIDA ATLANTIC
(09-16-2012 09:35 AM)MDH Wrote:  What game did you watch where FAU exceeded expectations and UNT met? Unless you think that highly of us, then I'm flattered

I'll admit to not seeing any of the UNT game, I just went by the score.

I dont expect any SBC (or former Non-AQ) teams to beat or stay close to Top 25 programs. I expect them to be competative in the 1st half and then get beaten badly in the 2nd has depth and adjustments take place. ULM has been a shining example in bucking that trend.

As to FAU, I was FULLY expecting it to be 28-3 at half time with FAU getting lucky for the 3. FAU's offense performed VERY well in the 1st half and deep into the 1st half the score was tied 14-14. Hence why I feel FAU exceeded expectations in a full on rebuilding year.
09-16-2012 10:38 AM
Advertisement

RaiderDoug Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Middle
I saw a few of the SBC games (or parts of them).

MT - I was happy and impressed with what we did to Memphis. Granted, it was Memphis, but this is a game we would have bumbled and lost last year. I don't know if we're back to being the old MT but it's a start and I think we'll be a factor in SBC play.

ULM, WKU, FAU, Troy - all were impressive. WKU and ULM greatly so. FAU surprised me because after seeing them vs MT, I thought they might be the worst team in FBS.

I was disappointed to see ULL and ASU get steamrolled like they did. I would have hoped they would have put up a better fight against, admittedly, some very tough teams.

Didn't see any of FIU, NT or USA's games.
09-16-2012 11:26 AM
Seminole Indian Offline
All American

I Root For: Texas
(09-16-2012 11:26 AM)RaiderDoug Wrote:  I saw a few of the SBC games (or parts of them).

MT - I was happy and impressed with what we did to Memphis. Granted, it was Memphis, but this is a game we would have bumbled and lost last year. I don't know if we're back to being the old MT but it's a start and I think we'll be a factor in SBC play.

ULM, WKU, FAU, Troy - all were impressive. WKU and ULM greatly so. FAU surprised me because after seeing them vs MT, I thought they might be the worst team in FBS.

I was disappointed to see ULL and ASU get steamrolled like they did. I would have hoped they would have put up a better fight against, admittedly, some very tough teams.

Didn't see any of FIU, NT or USA's games.
ASU did not get steamrolled in that game, did not play as well as was hoped, especially on offense.

I agree with their coach the defense played fairly well, but because Aplin could not hit the broad side of the barn, they were put in a bad situation against a good Nebraska offense.

Aplins play really shut the door on any chance for ASU to do well and that is 2 weeks in a row where Aplin has not produced.
09-16-2012 12:52 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.