Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Highlights Of Aztecs Victory Over Army Tonight
SteveAztec Offline
1st String

I Root For: San Diego State
Highlights Of Aztecs Victory Over Army Tonight
The Aztecs looked real good and came away with a nice convincing victory.

Things are looking real good on Montezuma Mesa...

http://youtu.be/-IllqjJmNq4
09-09-2012 12:31 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

dshawfan Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: SDSU Aztecs
RE: Highlights Of Aztecs Victory Over Army Tonight
I was impressed w/ how physical the defense looked last night. Also, looks like the Ezell Ruffin show might be taking off!

http://goaztecs.cstv.com/view.gal?id=124811
(This post was last modified: 09-09-2012 09:26 AM by dshawfan.)
09-09-2012 09:05 AM
broncodude Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Boise State
(09-09-2012 09:05 AM)dshawfan Wrote:  I was impressed w/ how physical the defense looked last night. Also, looks like the Ezell Ruffin show might be taking off!

Watched the game here in Idaho, looked like you had a
nice crowd but the stadium is so big hard to tell.
09-09-2012 10:17 AM
dshawfan Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: SDSU Aztecs
(09-09-2012 10:17 AM)broncodude Wrote:  
(09-09-2012 09:05 AM)dshawfan Wrote:  I was impressed w/ how physical the defense looked last night. Also, looks like the Ezell Ruffin show might be taking off!

I think about 31k, but in that stadium it looks empty; really hope someday we can have our own on campus stadium.
09-09-2012 10:35 AM
BigEastHomer Offline
Banned

I Root For:
(09-09-2012 10:35 AM)dshawfan Wrote:  

I think about 31k, but in that stadium it looks empty; really hope someday we can have our own on campus stadium.

Temple would benefit greatly by an on campus stadium as well. That said, the Linc has been great for us in a lot of ways.
I think that the nBe offers a lot of room for growth. It'll be interesting to see how it manifests.
09-09-2012 10:40 AM
SteveAztec Offline
1st String

Ezell was tough DShaw.

Also Ezell was conistently our best deep threat in practices leading up to the season.

I am excited about Ezell.
09-09-2012 10:42 AM
Advertisement

SteveAztec Offline
1st String

A decent crowd but a poor crowd for the opener.

30,000 has become the average these days but I will take that over the 22,000 from about 6 years ago.
09-09-2012 10:44 AM
SteveAztec Offline
1st String

Rocky Long & Players post game interview...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xf1sV62UF...e=youtu.be
09-09-2012 10:55 AM
SteveAztec Offline
1st String

More Aztec players interviews after Army game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovPenkzc7...ure=relmfu
09-09-2012 11:01 AM
Road Apple Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Boise State
(09-09-2012 10:44 AM)SteveAztec Wrote:  

A decent crowd but a poor crowd for the opener.

30,000 has become the average these days but I will take that over the 22,000 from about 6 years ago.

Those fans will swell especially starting next year in the BE. Right now, that crappy TV contract we (SDSU and Boise State) are stuck with in the MWC is terrible, especially for San Diego based fans who have not been able to follow the team enough to become fans in attendance.

Still, I liked what I saw on TV and it was all in HD!!
09-09-2012 11:26 AM
Gray Avenger Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: MEMPHIS
With an extra $13 million or so coming in every year, on-campus stadiums are now realistic future possibilities for incoming BE members. Congratulations to SDSU on the win.
09-09-2012 11:27 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

KnightLight Offline
Legend

I Root For: UCF

Yeah, most NFL stadiums just "suck" for college football...as SDSU would actually sell a lot more tix if they had a "right sized" college stadiums (i.e. much higher chance of selling out a 40,000-50,000 seat stadium vs a ginormous 70,000 seat NFL stadium).

Hope Temple and SDSU can someday end up with their own on-campus stadium...and/or at least a "right size" stadium for their programs.
09-09-2012 11:28 AM
monty Offline

I Root For: SDSU

What is worse is when they moved the home side to the same side as the play cameras so it looks even more empty. Student section was packed, let's hope they come back even half of that versus a team no one cares about next week
09-09-2012 11:29 AM
SteveAztec Offline
1st String

(09-09-2012 11:29 AM)monty Wrote:  

What is worse is when they moved the home side to the same side as the play cameras so it looks even more empty. Student section was packed, let's hope they come back even half of that versus a team no one cares about next week

Interesting point Monty.

When I was at San Diego State in the mid/late 70's, the "home" side was where it was now. The opposite side was also San Diegans and the opponents in the corners.

The student section was right behind the bench in the field level with the end zone as an overflow.

Could you imagine the students in the field section last night? The sidlines would have been rocking.
09-09-2012 11:37 AM
monty Offline

(09-09-2012 11:37 AM)SteveAztec Wrote:  

Interesting point Monty.

When I was at San Diego State in the mid/late 70's, the "home" side was where it was now. The opposite side was also San Diegans and the opponents in the corners.

The student section was right behind the bench in the field level with the end zone as an overflow.

Could you imagine the students in the field section last night? The sidlines would have been rocking.

Didn't know that, when I was there and up until, what about 07? it was the other side so the crowd looked a little better on tv. I was on the tv side and the home side was basically packed, but turned on the dvr to check a few plays and it looked worse that I thought it did.

It was good to see all of the students, things are changing at SDSU and it stated with bball and SDSU (and San Diego) is a football school, so no reason with continued winning the students won't continue to turn out.
09-09-2012 11:51 AM
SDSU1975 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: SAN DIEGO STATE
I went to State from '71 to '75. Our bench was where it is now.
09-09-2012 12:53 PM
Advertisement

SteveAztec Offline
1st String

(09-09-2012 11:51 AM)monty Wrote:  
(09-09-2012 11:37 AM)SteveAztec Wrote:  
(09-09-2012 10:17 AM)broncodude Wrote:  Watched the game here in Idaho, looked like you had a

Interesting point Monty.

Didn't know that, when I was there and up until, what about 07? it was the other side so the crowd looked a little better on tv. I was on the tv side and the home side was basically packed, but turned on the dvr to check a few plays and it looked worse that I thought it did.

It was good to see all of the students, things are changing at SDSU and it stated with bball and SDSU (and San Diego) is a football school, so no reason with continued winning the students won't continue to turn out.

Another little note on the students and football in the mid to late 70's. Putting the students behind the bench in field level was a winner on a variation of points...

-Right behind the bench for support of the players.

-Real loud.

-Cheerleaders right behind the bench and right in front of the student section.

-Field level seats at Qualcomm are not heavily desired by most Aztec fans that pay for a ticket.

-With above point made on the fans who pay for seats, the students loved the seats and didn't care that some seats were sort of obstructed. They were there to party and have a good time.

-With students in the field level behind the bench, all of the season ticket holders in that area would move to the other side in the field section (if they really the field level seats), or move to Plaza level seats thus filling in seats more for TV looks.

It is pretty much a win/win for everybody.
(This post was last modified: 09-09-2012 03:29 PM by SteveAztec.)
09-09-2012 03:28 PM
SleepingGiantsFan Offline
1st String

B
(09-09-2012 11:27 AM)Gray Avenger Wrote:  With an extra $13 million or so coming in every year, on-campus stadiums are now realistic future possibilities for incoming BE members. Congratulations to SDSU on the win.

Thanks. I enjoy reading posts from you Memphis guys and am really looking forward to being in the same conference with you. The Aztecs played well but I for one am not going around sticking my chest out. Frankly, Army isn't a very good team. They are not only smallish along their lines, their QB's arn is as bad as it gets at the FBS level. Still, as indicated in the ELO Chess ratings, we should be able to hold our own in the nBE after we join.
09-09-2012 08:18 PM
SteveAztec Offline
1st String

RE: B
(09-09-2012 08:18 PM)SleepingGiantsFan Wrote:  
(09-09-2012 11:27 AM)Gray Avenger Wrote:  With an extra $13 million or so coming in every year, on-campus stadiums are now realistic future possibilities for incoming BE members. Congratulations to SDSU on the win.

Thanks. I enjoy reading posts from you Memphis guys and am really looking forward to being in the same conference with you. The Aztecs played well but I for one am not going around sticking my chest out. Frankly, Army isn't a very good team. They are not only smallish along their lines, their QB's arn is as bad as it gets at the FBS level. Still, as indicated in the ELO Chess ratings, we should be able to hold our own in the nBE after we join.

You weren't impressed with our defense or the obvious improvement in our offensive line?

I saw a lot of improvment in many areas and not just because it was against Army.

Remember, Army was only a 6 point dog and many so called experts predicted Army to cover AND pull an upset.
09-09-2012 09:53 PM
monty Offline

I was impressed with how hard they played from the snap and didn't let up until the starters got pulled. Not a lot can be read specifically on the team since army is unorthodox, small, and pretty damn bad, but SDSU throttled them which is a positive.
09-09-2012 10:30 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.