Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

Jamaica 2 - USMNT 1
Bookmark and Share
Sundanceuiuc Away
Hall of Famer

I Root For: .
Jamaica 2 - USMNT 1
First ever loss to Jamaica. Damn, that sucked...
09-07-2012 09:26 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

PlainTiger Offline
Never odd or even

I Root For: Memphis
RE: Jamaica 2 - USMNT 1
Thank you Jurgen Klinsmann. First loss ever to Jamaica. The USA players looked poorly conditioned, unskilled, and poorly coached. The team was not prepared.

I have figured out for a while now that we were not going to do anything in Brazil 2014, but until tonight I never considered the possibility that we would not qualify. That is looking like a real possibility. I saw nothing from the US that makes me think the result will be any different when we play Jamaica again in 4 days. Hope I'm wrong.
09-07-2012 09:53 PM
TigerEye Offline
Das Tigerauge

I Root For: Tigers/Grizz
09-07-2012 10:23 PM
aTxTIGER Online
Carrot Dude Gave Me 10% Warning

I Root For: Fire Jose!!!!!

Donators
(09-07-2012 09:53 PM)PlainTiger Wrote:  Thank you Jurgen Klinsmann. First loss ever to Jamaica. The USA players looked poorly conditioned, unskilled, and poorly coached. The team was not prepared.

I have figured out for a while now that we were not going to do anything in Brazil 2014, but until tonight I never considered the possibility that we would not qualify. That is looking like a real possibility. I saw nothing from the US that makes me think the result will be any different when we play Jamaica again in 4 days. Hope I'm wrong.

its a bad loss but we still control our own destiny with The Reggae Boys and El Nueve Hombres de Defensivo coming to the US.

I thought we looked like we were in that game considering the lineup. Missing our 2nd and 3rd best field players(Landycakes and Bradley) with our best player playing his first game in 3 months while missing Dolo to a knock. I also think that Klinsi made the mistake of playing such a defensive lineup. I dont think that mistake will be repeated in Columbus. I bet Shea, Dolo, and Williams all start to limit Jamaica's biggest advantage in last nights game....speed on the wings. Spector and Parkhurst gave them nothing to think about and their wings and FB's could push forward with impunity. That will not happen in Columbus.

We win 3-1 on Tuesday.
09-08-2012 08:58 AM
Advertisement

tigers0830 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(09-08-2012 08:58 AM)aTxTIGER Wrote:  
(09-07-2012 09:53 PM)PlainTiger Wrote:  Thank you Jurgen Klinsmann. First loss ever to Jamaica. The USA players looked poorly conditioned, unskilled, and poorly coached. The team was not prepared.

its a bad loss but we still control our own destiny with The Reggae Boys and El Nueve Hombres de Defensivo coming to the US.

I thought we looked like we were in that game considering the lineup. Missing our 2nd and 3rd best field players(Landycakes and Bradley) with our best player playing his first game in 3 months while missing Dolo to a knock. I also think that Klinsi made the mistake of playing such a defensive lineup. I dont think that mistake will be repeated in Columbus. I bet Shea, Dolo, and Williams all start to limit Jamaica's biggest advantage in last nights game....speed on the wings. Spector and Parkhurst gave them nothing to think about and their wings and FB's could push forward with impunity. That will not happen in Columbus.

We win 3-1 on Tuesday.

I agree aTxTiger. Not having Landon or Bradley was the biggest reason to me for what happened last night.
09-08-2012 11:58 AM
TN_Tiger Offline
1st String

I Root For: Tigers
Jamaica's two goals came from silly fouls and free kicks. **** happens sometimes.
09-09-2012 11:23 AM
PlainTiger Offline
Never odd or even

We win 3-1 on Tuesday.

I hear you. We need to win both of the home games. If we don't win tomorrow, the pressure will be on for sure.
09-10-2012 11:07 AM
Advertisement

aTxTIGER Online

Donators
Jamaica 2 - USMNT 1
(09-10-2012 11:07 AM)PlainTiger Wrote:  

We win 3-1 on Tuesday.

I hear you. We need to win both of the home games. If we don't win tomorrow, the pressure will be on for sure.

We need to win one of our home games and win in Antigua to advance. Anything more is just padding.
09-10-2012 07:06 PM
PlainTiger Offline
Never odd or even

(09-10-2012 07:06 PM)aTxTIGER Wrote:  

We win 3-1 on Tuesday.

We need to win one of our home games and win in Antigua to advance. Anything more is just padding.

Two wins would almost certainly be enough, either both at home or one at home and one in Antigua. I just don't want it to come down to needing to win that last match. We should beat Antigua but they gave us some problems in the first match against us.

I guess I shouldn't worry. Klinsmann has guaranteed we won't lose today.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/soccer-dir...--sow.html

When asked by a Jamaican reporter what would happen if the U.S. lost again on Tuesday, Klinsmann tried to play it cool. From the AP:

''No, we won't (lose),'' Klinsmann said with a smile. ''Don't worry.''
09-11-2012 07:59 AM
PlainTiger Offline
Never odd or even

We win 3-1 on Tuesday.

We are going to need 4 points from our final 2 matches to advance. That was a must win last night and we got it. Full credit to the USA for bringing the heat early in this one. We deserved to have 2 or 3 goals, but couldn't catch any luck but bad luck until the Gomez free kick.
09-12-2012 08:10 AM
Advertisement

oruvoice Online
Heisman

Hooray Beer!
09-12-2012 08:13 AM
Nashville Tiger Offline
All American

I have been saying it for a while now...Beckerman should never be capped again. He may be great in MLS, but hasn't helped any internationally
09-12-2012 10:02 AM
aTxTIGER Online

Donators
(09-12-2012 08:10 AM)PlainTiger Wrote:  

We win 3-1 on Tuesday.

We are going to need 4 points from our final 2 matches to advance. That was a must win last night and we got it. Full credit to the USA for bringing the heat early in this one. We deserved to have 2 or 3 goals, but couldn't catch any luck but bad luck until the Gomez free kick.

We don't need 4 from 2. If we get 3 from 2 then we will have an 86.7% chance of advancing since either Guat or Jamaica will definitely drop points in their next game. 4 from 2 will automatically send us through. 3 from 2 is almost certain.
09-13-2012 12:57 PM
aTxTIGER Online

Donators
(09-12-2012 10:02 AM)Nashville Tiger Wrote:  I have been saying it for a while now...Beckerman should never be capped again. He may be great in MLS, but hasn't helped any internationally

Beckerman isnt bad if he is allowed to sit right in front of the back 4 while his fellow CM can control the movement of the ball.
09-13-2012 12:57 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.