Mean Green lost, but didn't go quietly.
09-01-2012 09:50 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Chrono124 Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: TROY
RE: LSU 41 North Texas 14
You guys put up a good fight against a highly over powered team, it should give NT some good experience. Good luck next week taking on Texas Southern.
09-01-2012 10:02 PM
Side Show Joe Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: North Texas
I agree. LSU is a great team. The fact that we were able to get to their QB and even knock him out of the game for a while, gives me hope for this season. I saw some good things from my Mean Green tonight. LSU was still playing their starters at the end of the game. We have a better team then most people know. I think UNT can compete with the top level of the Sun Belt this season.
09-01-2012 10:40 PM
MG61 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UNT
GAME STORY

North Texas Falls To Top-Ranked LSU, 41-14
Courtesy: University of North Texas
Release: 09/01/2012

BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - North Texas came to Death Valley looking for an upset of the top-ranked team in the nation, but LSU was having none of it Saturday night.

LSU was looking for the kind of massacre oddsmakers expected, but North Texas was having none of that.

What each had to settle for was a 41-14 LSU victory in both team's season opener. LSU ended any Mean Green hopes of a win by exploding for a 24-0 lead in the first half, but North Texas shook off the effects of the haymaker to score twice while bringing the Tiger onslaught under control.

"We lost to a very good team tonight, they are ranked No. 1 for a good reason," said head coach Dan McCarney. "I saw some of our guys giving great effort but I also saw some things that we need to get fixed. We can still accomplish all of our goals this season but we need to get back to work and get ready for Texas Southern."

Two Derek Thompson to Brelan Chancellor touchdown passes gave North Texas 14 points - more than the Mean Green had scored in four previous meetings with LSU. LSU's 41 points matched the fewest the Tigers have scored against North Texas, and the 27-point margin was the closest in the series.

North Texas did not allow a sack to the much-touted LSU pass rush, and Chancellor had 114 yards receiving.

LSU was in control throughout the first half, scoring just two and a half minutes into the game and holding North Texas without a first down in the opening quarter. But the Mean Green got a timely defensive stops, highlighted by Hilbert Jackson's crushing sack of LSU's Zach Mettenberger, which temporarily knocked the Tiger quarterback out of the game.

The Tigers led 14-0 at the end of the first period and were up 24-0 and driving for another score when the North Texas defense stopped the Tigers, forcing a field goal attempt that drifted wide left. Buoyed the the stop, the Mean Green offense finally found a hole in the Tiger defense when Chancellor took a pass from Thompson across the middle and went 80 yards for a touchdown.

It was just the second time North Texas has scored a touchdown in five games against LSU.

LSU responded quickly, driving deep into Mean Green territory, but were stopped when Zac Whitfield made a diving interception at the North Texas one-yard line, sending the Mean Green to halftime down 24-7.

The North Texas defense held LSU to just a field goal in the third quarter, but the Mean Green offense could not cut into the Tiger lead, managing just one first down in the period.

North Texas got its second Chancellor touchdown on a 15-yard pass from Thompson in the fourth quarter.

But the grinding LSU running game kept the Tigers in control in the second half, as the Tigers amassed 316 yards on the ground.

http://www.meangreensports.com/ViewArtic...=205678413
09-01-2012 11:37 PM
Advertisement

zeebart21 Offline
All American

I Root For: Louisiana
(09-01-2012 10:40 PM)Side Show Joe Wrote:  I agree. LSU is a great team. The fact that we were able to get to their QB and even knock him out of the game for a while, gives me hope for this season. I saw some good things from my Mean Green tonight. LSU was still playing their starters at the end of the game. We have a better team then most people know. I think UNT can compete with the top level of the Sun Belt this season.

Top level of CUSA, yes.. Sunbelt, no.

Good luck the rest of the season.

Z
09-02-2012 08:31 AM
Side Show Joe Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: North Texas
(09-02-2012 08:31 AM)zeebart21 Wrote:  
(09-01-2012 10:40 PM)Side Show Joe Wrote:  I agree. LSU is a great team. The fact that we were able to get to their QB and even knock him out of the game for a while, gives me hope for this season. I saw some good things from my Mean Green tonight. LSU was still playing their starters at the end of the game. We have a better team then most people know. I think UNT can compete with the top level of the Sun Belt this season.

Z

Well, we get to settle it on the field. Good luck to you too.04-cheers
09-02-2012 09:12 AM
Green Menace Offline
1st String

I Root For:
(09-02-2012 09:12 AM)Side Show Joe Wrote:  
(09-02-2012 08:31 AM)zeebart21 Wrote:  

Z

Well, we get to settle it on the field. Good luck to you too.04-cheers
Z is just pumping his chest over ULL's beat down of Lamar.03-lmfao
09-02-2012 11:28 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.