Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Findlay Market
Bookmark and Share
rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators
Findlay Market
Wife, kids and I rolled down to Findlay Market for lunch. Ran into a ton of folks. Clan Eastside J, neighbors, another coach in our baseball organization with his kids, one of the only ex-girlfriends on the planet who doesn't still hate me, a dude I ran around Crosley Tower with back in the day...like an impromptu street party.

Picked up some Portugese wine sausage, a bunch of olives, ground lamb, pork shank, jalapeño jam, spices and cheese...lots of cheese.

Topped it off by hitting up various craft beers on tap with the missus and a bunch of ladies we just met who came back from the Romney event at Union Terminal.

One of my favorite places to hang with the family on a Saturday. Time to crack a Troegs and tuck into some legit old world olives for the evening.

Highly recommend putting Findlay Market on the rotation.

09-01-2012 06:12 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Ring of Black Offline
Official Person to Blame

I Root For: Cincy Bearcats
RE: Findlay Market
It was STINKY and my favorite spot in our Cincy days.

09-01-2012 06:41 PM
Crewdogz Offline
I'm Your Huckleberry

I Root For: America
Donators
I love Findlay Market... I look at your buy list and had to chuckle... when I go I usually have an item or two in mind and then end up buying a whole lot of diverse items; I have to agree it's a fun stop.

09-04-2012 09:56 AM
ctipton Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

I Root For: UC and the Reds

DonatorsDonators
(09-04-2012 09:56 AM)Crewdogz Wrote:  I love Findlay Market... I look at your buy list and had to chuckle... when I go I usually have an item or two in mind and then end up buying a whole lot of diverse items; I have to agree it's a fun stop.

I don't often go to Findlay Market, but I have the same problem when I go to Jungle Jim's in Fairfield. I go in expecting to spend $40 and come out having spent $150. Amazing.

09-04-2012 10:03 AM
Lush Offline
go to hell and get a job

I Root For: the user
if a long haired cowboy is slanging loafs at blue oven bakery, tell 'em kris said hi

09-04-2012 11:48 AM
ruffles Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UC
(09-04-2012 11:48 AM)Lush Wrote:  if a long haired cowboy is slanging loafs at blue oven bakery, tell 'em kris said hi

I too put Findlay Market at the top of my visit lists

I get there early so I have a good choice at the Blue Oven bakery. Great bread goes quickly. I like to talk to the fruit and vegetable vendors. Those guys have interesting perspectives on things. Seafood at Lukens - YES! Went to a Browns/Bengals game in Cleveland back in the day when they still played in the baseball stadium on a bus tour with those guys. They are nuts!!!!

09-04-2012 12:22 PM
Advertisement

Crewdogz Offline
I'm Your Huckleberry

I Root For: America
Donators
Chris I love Jungle Jim's and make a trip a couple times a month... been buying and trying various microbrews as well as some of their favorite wines under $10 and $20. Many of the wines they recommend I find much better than more expensive and well known labels.

09-04-2012 01:29 PM
BearcatsUC Offline
Heisman

(09-01-2012 06:12 PM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  Wife, kids and I rolled down to Findlay Market for lunch. Ran into a ton of folks. Clan Eastside J, neighbors, another coach in our baseball organization with his kids, one of the only ex-girlfriends on the planet who doesn't still hate me, a dude I ran around Crosley Tower with back in the day...like an impromptu street party.

Picked up some Portugese wine sausage, a bunch of olives, ground lamb, pork shank, jalapeño jam, spices and cheese...lots of cheese.

Topped it off by hitting up various craft beers on tap with the missus and a bunch of ladies we just met who came back from the Romney event at Union Terminal.

One of my favorite places to hang with the family on a Saturday. Time to crack a Troegs and tuck into some legit old world olives for the evening.

Highly recommend putting Findlay Market on the rotation.

Now there's a good post. Findlay Market is a great destination. What's so surprising is to go on a Saturday afternoon and see it packed with suburban-types, toting along their kids.

09-04-2012 02:21 PM
Bearcat Otto Offline
1st String

I Root For:
Why is that surprising?

Findlay Market is a great destination as Rath said.

My wife and I visit several times each month. On Sundays they have music and you can't beat the good food and bargains.

Gyros for lunch is the best, too.

09-04-2012 02:41 PM
BearcatsUC Offline
Heisman

(09-04-2012 02:41 PM)Bearcat Otto Wrote:  Why is that surprising?

My wife and I visit several times each month. On Sundays they have music and you can't beat the good food and bargains.

It's surprising because I hear people - mostly suburbanites - complain that downtown is unsafe...OTR is a WAR ZONE!

I'm a believer in the inner city, but I'm often confronted with those who are clearly not.

09-04-2012 04:05 PM
OneUChoopsfan Away
I'm Black & White

I Root For: U. C. I LOVE

Donators
(09-04-2012 04:05 PM)BearcatsUC Wrote:  

It's surprising because I hear people - mostly suburbanites - complain that downtown is unsafe...OTR is a WAR ZONE!

I'm a believer in the inner city, but I'm often confronted with those who are clearly not.
You do understand that there is a difference between day and night?

Also, I seem to recall you posting that you live in Pleasant Ridge. That would make you a suburbanite.

Why couldn't this have remained a positive thread about Findlay Market?

09-04-2012 05:20 PM
Advertisement

SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
(09-04-2012 05:20 PM)OneUChoopsfan Wrote:  

Also, I seem to recall you posting that you live in Pleasant Ridge. That would make you a suburbanite.

Otto, his war with others (no diversity allowed) is ongoing. Everybody knows that Findlay Market has buyers from all over the Greater Cincy.
And OTR was singled out as one of the most dangerous areas in the USA a couple of years ago.

He also has a serious issue with White Westsiders.

Anyway the hipster white liberals, who are kicking blacks out of OTR, just got sued by loser lawyers representing poor and homeless people. Too funny.

Lawsuit says Washington Park rules target poor, homeless
http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20120...|FRONTPAGE

09-04-2012 05:35 PM
BeerCat Offline
Terminally Chill

I Root For: Who's playin uk
My in laws have a store down there. My father in law has witnessed two shootings in the last year. That's two more than I've seen my entire life. You can choose to ignore the safety issue if you choose but it definitely exists.

09-04-2012 06:43 PM
ctipton Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

I Root For: UC and the Reds

DonatorsDonators
(09-04-2012 06:43 PM)BeerCat Wrote:  My in laws have a store down there. My father in law has witnessed two shootings in the last year. That's two more than I've seen my entire life. You can choose to ignore the safety issue if you choose but it definitely exists.

Damn! You've missed a lot. I was in VN and witnessed multiple killings per day. Didn't like it. Glad it wasn't me. Hope I never see another.

That has absolutely nothing with the Market. Go there. Enjoy yourself. You'll wonder why you never were there before. Great food, and really good bargains.

09-04-2012 09:47 PM
BeerCat Offline
Terminally Chill

I Root For: Who's playin uk
(09-04-2012 09:47 PM)ctipton Wrote:  
(09-04-2012 06:43 PM)BeerCat Wrote:  My in laws have a store down there. My father in law has witnessed two shootings in the last year. That's two more than I've seen my entire life. You can choose to ignore the safety issue if you choose but it definitely exists.

Damn! You've missed a lot. I was in VN and witnessed multiple killings per day. Didn't like it. Glad it wasn't me. Hope I never see another.

That has absolutely nothing with the Market. Go there. Enjoy yourself. You'll wonder why you never were there before. Great food, and really good bargains.

It's definitely an awesome place, but it would be much more better if I didn't have to worry about my wife or I being attacked or caught up in gunfire.

09-05-2012 03:18 AM
Bearcat Otto Offline
1st String

I Root For:
(09-04-2012 05:35 PM)SuperFlyBCat Wrote:  
(09-04-2012 05:20 PM)OneUChoopsfan Wrote:  

Otto, his war with others (no diversity allowed) is ongoing. Everybody knows that Findlay Market has buyers from all over the Greater Cincy.
And OTR was singled out as one of the most dangerous areas in the USA a couple of years ago.

He also has a serious issue with White Westsiders.

Anyway the hipster white liberals, who are kicking blacks out of OTR, just got sued by loser lawyers representing poor and homeless people. Too funny.

Lawsuit says Washington Park rules target poor, homeless
http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20120...|FRONTPAGE

How did I become the bad guy here?

And I lived in Delhi though my high school days before moving out of town, so I have no issues with Westsiders. In fact my wife and I are looking to move and Delhi is an option that we are pursuing.

09-05-2012 06:46 AM
Advertisement

Lush Offline
go to hell and get a job

(09-04-2012 12:22 PM)ruffles Wrote:  
(09-04-2012 11:48 AM)Lush Wrote:  if a long haired cowboy is slanging loafs at blue oven bakery, tell 'em kris said hi

I get there early so I have a good choice at the Blue Oven bakery. Great bread goes quickly. I like to talk to the fruit and vegetable vendors. Those guys have interesting perspectives on things. Seafood at Lukens - YES! Went to a Browns/Bengals game in Cleveland back in the day when they still played in the baseball stadium on a bus tour with those guys. They are nuts!!!!

blue oven is the best bread i've ever eaten. my buddy zach works there and is always given me free loaves. everyone do themselves a favor and get you one of them english muffins. they taste like doughnuts and are great for breakfast sammiches or hamburger buns. had the opportunity to spend the night out at their bakery and drink with the crew (while they were on the clock).

my buddy's friend's dad owns ecklerlin meats. fantastic stuff they do. my girlfriend and i go about once a month. she's not a drinker, but i am. we go to market wines and she does the wine tasting and i get a few pulls off whatever delicious beer's available. in between i sample her wines.

for lunch i always go to the taco joint. mama lo hizo? and then of course, some gelato afterwards. and now you can find parking!

09-05-2012 08:30 AM
Bourgeois_Rage Away
That guy!

I Root For: UC & Bushmills
Folding@NCAAbbsNCAAbbs LUGDonatorsDonators
Portuguese sausage, is that Linguisa? I think I had that a couple of weeks ago. We were down at Findlay Market on Saturday too.

09-05-2012 10:02 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Eastside_J Away
Impressing Jodie Foster

I Root For: Cincinnati.
Donators
(09-05-2012 08:30 AM)Lush Wrote:  
(09-04-2012 12:22 PM)ruffles Wrote:  

blue oven is the best bread i've ever eaten. my buddy zach works there and is always given me free loaves. everyone do themselves a favor and get you one of them english muffins. they taste like doughnuts and are great for breakfast sammiches or hamburger buns. had the opportunity to spend the night out at their bakery and drink with the crew (while they were on the clock).

my buddy's friend's dad owns ecklerlin meats. fantastic stuff they do. my girlfriend and i go about once a month. she's not a drinker, but i am. we go to market wines and she does the wine tasting and i get a few pulls off whatever delicious beer's available. in between i sample her wines.

for lunch i always go to the taco joint. mama lo hizo? and then of course, some gelato afterwards. and now you can find parking!

Blue Oven is the stuff - I am eating a smoked turkey with swiss mayo and dijon on Blue Oven Whole Wheat right now. 03-cloud9

09-05-2012 10:12 AM
Lush Offline
go to hell and get a job

ej, i had me loaf of onion dill and it was sublime. unfortunately it was a limited release. i can only imagine what an entire smoked turkey would taste like on that stuff. and mayo to boot. i have a fondness/weakness for mayo.

09-05-2012 10:23 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.