Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

New Big East games this week.
UConn-SMU Offline
often wrong, never in doubt

I Root For: the AAC
New Big East games this week.
THE GAMES WE MUST WIN:

1) UMass at UConn (old rivalry, but UMass isn't up to speed yet)

2) Villanova at Temple (the Owls don't want to lose their first game back as a Big East team)

3) Chattanooga at USF (I'll boldly guarantee a win here)

4) Rutgers at Tulane (Tulane is near the bottom of C-USA)

5) UCF at Akron (Akron is near the bottom of the MAC)

6) UT-Martin at Memphis (I've never even heard of "UT-Martin")

7) Texas State at Houston (new to FBS, Texas State is in over its head in this one)

THE BIG ONES:

8) Kentucky at Louisville (the best "rivalry" game this week, not a guaranteed "w" but our conference favorite really needs to look good in this one)

9) Boise at Michigan State (a win would send a message about how good Boise is even in a rebuilding year ... MSU is predicted to challenge for the B1G championship)

10) SDSU at Washington (SDSU lost a lot of talent, but Washington is not USC ... SDSU has a chance)

11) SMU at Baylor (old rivals, a good measuring stick for SMU, much depends on SMU's new QB and O-line)

12) Navy at ND (the Midshipmen face a truly "home" crowd for the Irish in Dublin, a win is not expected but it would be very nice)

Cincinnati's first game is against Pitt next week.
(This post was last modified: 08-26-2012 02:41 PM by UConn-SMU.)
08-26-2012 02:37 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

TOGC Offline
Resident genius

I Root For: Memphis
RE: New Big East games this week.
(08-26-2012 02:37 PM)UConn-SMU Wrote:  6) UT-Martin at Memphis (I've never even heard of "UT-Martin")

The University of Tennessee at Martin is one of the universities in the UT system, along with UT-Chattanooga and UT-Memphis. The Skyhawks play FCS football in the Ohio Valley Conference.

After years of scheduling an SEC team as the home opener, the university decided to try a different approach and schedule an easy one first.
08-26-2012 03:34 PM
KingFu Offline
Banned

I Root For: U of Memphis
(08-26-2012 02:37 PM)UConn-SMU Wrote:  THE GAMES WE MUST WIN:

2) Villanova at Temple (the Owls don't want to lose their first game back as a Big East team)

7) Texas State at Houston (new to FBS, Texas State is in over its head in this one)

THE BIG ONES:

8) Kentucky at Louisville (the best "rivalry" game this week, not a guaranteed "w" but our conference favorite really needs to look good in this one)

9) Boise at Michigan State (a win would send a message about how good Boise is even in a rebuilding year ... MSU is predicted to challenge for the B1G championship)

10) SDSU at Washington (SDSU lost a lot of talent, but Washington is not USC ... SDSU has a chance)

11) SMU at Baylor (old rivals, a good measuring stick for SMU, much depends on SMU's new QB and O-line)

12) Navy at ND (the Midshipmen face a truly "home" crowd for the Irish in Dublin, a win is not expected but it would be very nice)

I hate that Boise has to start off the year with a road game against the favorite to win the B1G this season.

Louisville will crush Kentucky. No contest there.

I look for SMU to beat Baylor. The Bears lost their primary reason for success, Robert Griffin III.

Navy could upset the Irish, although I'm for the Irish to get back to their glory days.

Cincinnati and Pitt will be a good one. Hopefully the Bearcats can pull it out.

Let's throw in BYU since they too might be the 14th member. They play Washington State and should win. They were in a rebuilding year last year and struggled. I look for them to bounce back this year.
08-26-2012 03:45 PM
KingFu Offline
Banned

I Root For: U of Memphis
(08-26-2012 03:34 PM)TOGC Wrote:  
(08-26-2012 02:37 PM)UConn-SMU Wrote:  6) UT-Martin at Memphis (I've never even heard of "UT-Martin")

The University of Tennessee at Martin is one of the universities in the UT system, along with UT-Chattanooga and UT-Memphis. The Skyhawks play FCS football in the Ohio Valley Conference.

After years of scheduling an SEC team as the home opener, the university decided to try a different approach and schedule an easy one first.

Most power conference schools have scheduled a patsy to work as a practice game to start the year before a big match up the following week.
08-26-2012 03:50 PM
Advertisement

TOGC Offline
Resident genius

I Root For: Memphis
(08-26-2012 03:50 PM)KingFu Wrote:  
(08-26-2012 03:34 PM)TOGC Wrote:  

Most power conference schools have scheduled a patsy to work as a practice game to start the year before a big match up the following week.

I know. We used to be that game for other teams.

It would be nice to start the season with a win instead of a blowout loss. It might help the team's confidence at the start of the season.
08-26-2012 04:10 PM
templefootballfan Offline
Heisman

I Root For: TU & BGSU & TEX
the promblem with Memphis not opening with SEC school,
half the time it was Memphis home game & was on TV labor day wkend.
NBE needs them type of games for new TV contract.
08-27-2012 12:53 PM
Carolina Stang Offline
1st String

I Root For: SMU
I'm rooting for all current and future Big east members.

But I really hope SMU beats Baylor in Waco. We have worries about our new O-line, but this is an SMU team that should be able to compete with our tough OOC opponents (Baylor, TCU, Texas A&M).
08-27-2012 02:10 PM
Advertisement

army56mike Offline

I Root For: Liberty & UofL

I really like seeing some of these OOC rivalry games as the first game of the season. It allows for a whole summer of trash talk and anticipation. Nice job UConn, Temple, and UofL.

I will make one absolute guaranteed stone cold lock for the UofL vs. UK game. The team with the most rushing yards WILL win the game. The team with the most rushing yards has won the game every single year it has been played in the modern era.

It is also nice to see a conference team starting off with a big national game like the Boise vs. Michigan St. game. Well done.

We need more scheduling like this.
08-27-2012 02:39 PM
Jeffkills Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Boise State
We're aint scurred...

Michigan St. is going down, Brother!!

[Image: macho-man-randy-savage%2520copy.png]
08-27-2012 02:50 PM
True Bearcat Offline
1st String

I Root For: Cincinnati
I hope Louisville stomps Kentucky into the stone age! Go CARDS!
08-27-2012 02:59 PM
Advertisement

Ragpicker Offline
All American

I Root For: Black & Gold
Donators
The expansion of the Big East will make keeping track of teams across the country a good time even this year. I now have a reason to watch a game out on the west coast like SDSU vs UW. Our new TV partner is going to love this league.
(This post was last modified: 08-27-2012 03:17 PM by Ragpicker.)
08-27-2012 03:16 PM
Bull Offline
Heisman

I Root For: USF and the AAC!

THE BIG ONES:

Great list, thanks for posting this. Also, I really like the inclusion of all the nBE 2013 members. As far as I'm concerned, they are in the BE now. Just hostage one more year 'over there'. ;-)
08-27-2012 03:24 PM
Carolina Stang Offline
1st String

I Root For: SMU
(08-27-2012 03:24 PM)Bull Wrote:  

THE BIG ONES:

Great list, thanks for posting this. Also, I really like the inclusion of all the nBE 2013 members. As far as I'm concerned, they are in the BE now. Just hostage one more year 'over there'. ;-)

Amen brother!!
08-27-2012 04:15 PM
Advertisement

Brian Reading Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Houston
Houston will crush Texas State. See last year for details.
08-28-2012 12:06 PM
Gray Avenger Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: MEMPHIS

Believe it or not, they are dangerous. They are a veteran team and know full well that Memphis lacks depth and experience. Winning that game would probably be their greatest achievement (and our worst loss). In 2008, they went down to Auburn and scared them to death. That game was tied 20-20 with 6 minutes left in the 3rd quarter. On the bright side, Memphis has never lost to an FCS (or Division 1AA) team. That's more than Michigan can say.

Good luck to ALL our conference brothers. What we need is to have 4 or 5 NBE teams in the preseason Top 25 this time next year (and it is doable).
(This post was last modified: 08-28-2012 12:28 PM by Gray Avenger.)
08-28-2012 12:25 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
KnightLight Offline
Legend

I Root For: UCF
Strange that Cinci basically has a bye week during Week 1.
08-28-2012 12:37 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.