Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

[split] The man who secured Mike Aresco, UC President resigned today
General Mike Offline
1st String

I Root For: Rutgers
[split] The man who secured Mike Aresco, UC President resigned today
(08-21-2012 03:30 PM)BE4evah Wrote:  Maybe he thought his job was done and wants to go on a high note. Interestingly UC is showing that it probably is one of the top two or so institutions in the Big East, both from an athletic department sense, but also top school academically due to all the hard work and vision over the past 15 years. All of the work that President Williams has done ensures that.

Along with Louisville UC has the best brand and most success in basketball. Its football run is remarkable also. I'm sure President Williams guidance will still be felt. I feel much more comfortable watching schools step up and seize a leadership role.

YGBFKM NCAABALL. Go Back to the Villanova troll board Andy.
08-21-2012 04:16 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

brista21 Offline
The Birthplace of College Football

Donators
RE: The man who secured Mike Aresco, UC President resigned today
(08-21-2012 03:54 PM)NJRedMan Wrote:  
(08-21-2012 03:30 PM)BE4evah Wrote:  Maybe he thought his job was done and wants to go on a high note. Interestingly UC is showing that it probably is one of the top two or so institutions in the Big East, both from an athletic department sense, but also top school academically due to all the hard work and vision over the past 15 years. All of the work that President Williams has done ensures that.

Along with Louisville UC has the best brand and most success in basketball. Its football run is remarkable also. I'm sure President Williams guidance will still be felt. I feel much more comfortable watching schools step up and seize a leadership role.

In the Pac 12 you have Stanford, USC, UCLA and Oregon running things. In the Big 12, Texas and Oklahoma. In the ACC Duke and UNC.

In the Big East it looks like Louisville and UC are the face of the Big East.

(08-21-2012 03:12 PM)SuperFlyBCat Wrote:  We hope it isn't a serious illness.

Cliff Peale ‏@cliffpeale
Williams told me today he spent much of the summer in NYC working on Big East stuff

Cliff Peale ‏@cliffpeale
Just talked to Greg Williams. Wouldn't give more detail. Loves UC, he says. Entirely his decision. Asked 10-15x then he got tired of that.

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20120.../308210050

I think those two are the new flag bearers but you can't forget UConn. I hate UConn but they are a big name who plays both sports.

While we aren't notable athletically, everything that has happened over the last few weeks has Tim Pernetti's trademark all over it. OTOH, Rutgers in terms of the all-sports w/ football members is the strongest academic brand. We're also the only colonial college to play major conference football.
08-21-2012 04:50 PM
Bearcat_Bounce Offline
God Like Summoner

I Root For: Winners
(08-21-2012 04:50 PM)brista21 Wrote:  

In the Pac 12 you have Stanford, USC, UCLA and Oregon running things. In the Big 12, Texas and Oklahoma. In the ACC Duke and UNC.

Cliff Peale ‏@cliffpeale
Williams told me today he spent much of the summer in NYC working on Big East stuff

Cliff Peale ‏@cliffpeale
Just talked to Greg Williams. Wouldn't give more detail. Loves UC, he says. Entirely his decision. Asked 10-15x then he got tired of that.

I think those two are the new flag bearers but you can't forget UConn. I hate UConn but they are a big name who plays both sports.

While we aren't notable athletically, everything that has happened over the last few weeks has Tim Pernetti's trademark all over it. OTOH, Rutgers in terms of the all-sports w/ football members is the strongest academic brand. We're also the only colonial college to play major conference football.

That is putting it politely. To never have won a basketball or football championship in all those years is embarrassing.
08-21-2012 04:54 PM
BE4evah Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Big East
I Ddidn't mean to slight Rutgers or Uconn. Sure, Uconn and Rutgers are strong academically, Uconn #58 in US News and Rutgers #68. Smu too at #58. WILE smu and Uconn have better etudents than RutgersRutgers football program and athletic progam a tp to bottom is a flagbearer. SO rutgers, uc and Louisville. THESE three will have to pull everyone along.

(08-21-2012 04:50 PM)brista21 Wrote:  

Cliff Peale ‏@cliffpeale

Cliff Peale ‏@cliffpeale

08-21-2012 05:03 PM
brista21 Offline

Donators
(08-21-2012 04:54 PM)Bearcat_Bounce Wrote:  That is putting it politely. To never have won a basketball or football championship in all those years is embarrassing.

Thanks for reminding me why I wish Rutgers was joining the ACC along with Cuse and Pitt. I'm readily admitting Rutgers has done nothing and you choose to rub salt in the wound.
08-21-2012 08:27 PM
Advertisement

CincyBro Offline
All American

I Root For: " NO GOR "
(08-21-2012 08:27 PM)brista21 Wrote:  
(08-21-2012 04:54 PM)Bearcat_Bounce Wrote:  That is putting it politely. To never have won a basketball or football championship in all those years is embarrassing.

Thanks for reminding me why I wish Rutgers was joining the ACC along with Cuse and Pitt. I'm readily admitting Rutgers has done nothing and you choose to rub salt in the wound.

Your kidding right. Something said on a board brings that kind of a reaction. You wouldn't win a title in the ACC either.05-stirthepot
08-21-2012 08:41 PM
Bearcat_Bounce Offline
God Like Summoner

I Root For: Winners

Rutgers getting into the ACC would signify everything that is wrong with college athletics.
08-21-2012 08:44 PM
brista21 Offline

Donators
(08-21-2012 08:41 PM)CincyBro Wrote:  

Your kidding right. Something said on a board brings that kind of a reaction. You wouldn't win a title in the ACC either.05-stirthepot

I've wanted out since Cuse and Pitt announced they were leaving. I prefer regional leagues this isn't a regional league for us anymore. The ACC is a regional league for us. I'm also not a dick about it openly pining to be in another league either. I have respect for the other schools and fans of those schools hence I rarely openly talk about my desire for Rutgers to be in the ACC. I realize this is the bed we've made for ourselves and we should make the best of it. At least we've got Temple, UConn and Navy on the schedule still. And I've enjoyed the series with the 2005 additions as well. I'm sure the conference will as usual be far better than advertised, but it just doesn't feel like home anymore.

I'm also sick of the general tone this board has taken over the last year especially over the last 7 or 8 months. Its gotten a little better over the last few weeks, but to watch most of the Louisville, WVU, Pitt and Cuse fans I've been posting with for year get run out of here has been disheartening to say the least. Bounce's post is purely the tip of the iceberg for me.
08-21-2012 08:48 PM
mlb Offline
O' Great One

I Root For: Cincinnati
Donators
RE: [split] The man who secured Mike Aresco, UC President resigned today
I feel your pain, brista. I gave up my moderator duties due to the same thing... of course, many of the WVU, Pitt, and Cuse fans brought it upon themselves by openly attacking the new Big East schools, specifically UC and UL. Pitt and Syracuse may be a bigger name than UC or UL, but they have also been a HUGE part of the downfall of the league. They have not held up their end of the bargain, especially on the all important football side of things.

The Big East name has been carried by 4 schools... maybe 5 if you want to include UConn since they've had several nice wins. UC, UL, WVU, and Rutgers all did the heavy lifting to help keep the heat off of the Big East as much as possible. In the mean time Pitt and Syracuse continuously embarrassed the league with bad losses... or games they should have lost but got lucky based on blown calls.
(This post was last modified: 08-22-2012 09:53 AM by mlb.)
08-22-2012 09:51 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.