WMU Broncos

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Poll: How will the Broncos finish this year?
Miss the NCAA Tournament
Win 1 game in the NCAA Tournament
Make the Frozen Four
NCAA Runner-Up
NCAA Champion
[Show Results]

How do you think our broncos will do this year?
SilentStryk09 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WMU
How do you think our broncos will do this year?
Just to kinda get the minds moving here again, figured i'd do this
08-08-2012 02:32 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

dunkface Offline
Special Teams

RE: How do you think our broncos will do this year?
As long as the scoring picks up, I think they win a game in the NCAA Tournament. I just feel like they're going to need more production from outside the Balisy/Berschbach/Walters line. The defense and goaltending are definitely there for a Frozen Four run I feel, but I'm just not sold yet that they can score enough on elite defensive teams to make it past the opening weekend of the tourney. Cichy, Leone, Kessel, etc. will have to produce for that to happen.

I wouldn't be shocked if they made the Frozen Four, but I think an NCAA Tournament victory is very realistic. I would love to see this team make the Frozen Four and that's what I'm hoping for, but I'm going to go with the one NCAA Tournament win as my prediction for now.
08-08-2012 07:17 PM
bronconick Offline
Hockey Nut

I Root For: WMU/FSU
My goal is for the team to make the NCAA tournament.

Beyond that, it's a dice roll. You need a good draw and some luck. We're talking single elimination hockey. The amount of variables involved in such a scenario is immense. Notre Dame and Miami both made it to the final game as a 4 seed, and have failed to win a game as a 1 seed. Boston College has the 2010 and 2012 national titles (gave up 0,0,1 and 1 goals last year), and in between they have a 2011 game in St. Louis vs. a Colorado College team that barely made the tournament where they gave up 7 goals, including two shorties in two periods.
(This post was last modified: 08-08-2012 07:32 PM by bronconick.)
08-08-2012 07:31 PM
Advertisement

broncos24 Offline
All American

My expectations this season:
1. Top 3 finish in CCHA regular season (host CCHA qtrs)
2. Trip to Joe Louis (3rd place win or championship game appearance)
3. Trip to NCAA tournament
4. 1 win in NCAA's

I love where this program is heading. I think we finally have the type of depth to accomplish the above tasks without needing 100 points from Bersch, Balisy and Walters or Frank standing on his head for half the season.

Like Nick said, you just want to get to the NCAA's and then anything can happen. I just hope we play well enough to get put in Grand Rapids. Could you imagine playing in a NCAA game at Van Andel in front of 6-7,000 Bronco fans?
08-09-2012 03:50 PM
bronconick Offline
Hockey Nut

Be lucky if we get more than 3,000 in GR. Unfortunately, Michigan is hosting that regional this year, which means their fans will be purchasing tickets from late January on (unless they suck and finally miss the GD thing for the first time in 22 years) My one experience with UM in GR was about 6-7,000 Wolverines on a week's notice. A matchup with them, would be an easy sellout in Van Andel, though.
08-09-2012 04:02 PM
Advertisement

MileHighBronco Offline
Legend

I Root For: Broncos
I couldn't answer the poll Q. because there was no choice for "make it into the NCAA tournament."

Just because we have made back to back appearances, it is not guaranteed. I like our chances, though.

When the NCHC invited us, I said we just need to win the last two CCHA titles. We've got one. Getting the other should be goal #1 because that gets us into the dance and as Ferris found out, anything can happen once you're in. I'd love to predict 1 win but the draw is a crapshoot. Look what happened year after year to Miami.
08-09-2012 08:39 PM
SilentStryk09 Offline
Heisman

Dangit I knew I counted 6 choices when I was planning that out
08-09-2012 09:57 PM
Advertisement

utpotts Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Toledo
(08-09-2012 04:02 PM)bronconick Wrote:  Be lucky if we get more than 3,000 in GR. Unfortunately, Michigan is hosting that regional this year, which means their fans will be purchasing tickets from late January on (unless they suck and finally miss the GD thing for the first time in 22 years) My one experience with UM in GR was about 6-7,000 Wolverines on a week's notice. A matchup with them, would be an easy sellout in Van Andel, though.

BG is also hosting a regional at the Huntington Center in Toledo. So that could be the place for WMU if they have the year they expect to have.
08-10-2012 12:30 AM
Bronco1974 Offline
Special Teams

(08-10-2012 12:30 AM)utpotts Wrote:  
(08-09-2012 04:02 PM)bronconick Wrote:  Be lucky if we get more than 3,000 in GR. Unfortunately, Michigan is hosting that regional this year, which means their fans will be purchasing tickets from late January on (unless they suck and finally miss the GD thing for the first time in 22 years) My one experience with UM in GR was about 6-7,000 Wolverines on a week's notice. A matchup with them, would be an easy sellout in Van Andel, though.

BG is also hosting a regional at the Huntington Center in Toledo. So that could be the place for WMU if they have the year they expect to have.

Both are great locations. The Huntington center is attached to a big hotel right downtown. Tony Packo's nearby. In GR you are a bunch of fun restaurants right near the arena. I'm going where ever Western plays and if they don't go to either, I'll go to GR.
08-10-2012 08:32 AM
Advertisement

bronconick Offline
Hockey Nut

That's pretty much my plan right now as well, especially since a couple friends moved to just outside Toledo and can offer me and my friend a couch if necessary.
08-10-2012 09:10 AM
BroncoDetroit Offline
Bench Warmer

Fingers crossed....Toledo for me....about an hour's drive versus 3 hours to GR. Don't you know....the Broncos are going to take it ALL! Afterall....There IS the power of POSITIVE thought!
08-10-2012 12:05 PM
stdatwmu Offline
All American

I Root For: WMU Broncos
(08-09-2012 03:50 PM)broncos24 Wrote:  My expectations this season:
1. Top 3 finish in CCHA regular season (host CCHA qtrs)
2. Trip to Joe Louis (3rd place win or championship game appearance)
3. Trip to NCAA tournament
4. 1 win in NCAA's

This is pretty much what my expectations are as well. We're headed in the right direction, I'll be pleasantly surprised if we exceed them, and rather disappointed if we fall short.

Note those last six words - and realize how insane they would have sounded just three years ago. Love where this program's headed!
08-12-2012 10:21 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.