Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

[split] CBS Sportsline Dennis Dodds Rips UCF...
Kruciff Offline
Old Man from scene 24

I Root For: The Bridge of Death
[split] CBS Sportsline Dennis Dodds Rips UCF...
(08-02-2012 12:01 PM)CyberBull Wrote:  I think the article is right on point, maybe a little over the top….but still drills down on the main issue. UCF got busted for cheating….again…and they seemingly don’t care.

Fact: UCF knowingly broke the rules to gain a competitive advantage.

If that wasn’t enough it’s athletic director, the person who is supposed to be regulatory and compliance end-all-be-all for the institution was the person leading his coaches astray. Typically it’s a rogue coach taking down the entire athletic department. It’s very rare and almost unheard of when it’s the Athletic Director who gets his coaches in trouble by introducing them to street agents and other undesirables. Even more damning was that UCF was already on probation for major violations….so one would think that there would have been a heightened sense of compliance. Guess not….

However, these things happen and UCF is paying the price….albeit not as harshly as it could have been for the dreaded lack of institutional control. What is very disappointing from a Big East point of view is that UCF is coming in as a “dirty” program by electing to take their bowl ban during their first year in the conference. That connects the league to scandal….when it should be a time for celebration for UCF entering a new league and the Big East taking a new direction. It quells some of the enthusiasm and takes away some of the luster of a so-called “up-and-coming” program. Can you imagine the ridicule the league would face if somehow UCF manages to win the regular season football championship?

What is even more concerning is that their President has demurred to George O’Leary who seems to always be around controversy much like flies around steaming pile of horse crap. President Hitt himself said that he wanted to take the bowl ban ‘hit’ during UCF’s last season in C-DOA but was talked out of it by Teflon George. Was this the compromise he reached in order for O'Leary to retire at the end of this season….and as a result UCF not having to pay a huge buyout if they just fired him now?

Odd development because UCF should be able to easily fire him “for cause”. If there is a termination that screams as a justified ‘for cause’ firing it’s O’Liar for failing to promote a culture of compliance. O’Leary gets his program on probation twice, has a highly publicized and costly player’s death on his watch and has a mediocre record at best….and the guy is allowed to continue coaching? How many times does he have to be sanctioned? So this could only seemingly point to one conclusion: either UCF is AFRAID of George O’Leary….or….the penalties have not changed a thing in eastern Orlando.

This thread isn't a forum for you to voice your mass manufactured inadequacies and frustrations. This was on the failure of an article that blasts UCF with the skills of a TMZ "journalist".

Why are you trying so hard to proselytize people? This isn't the first time you've written an essay on the "damned" UCF.

Besides, do you even know why UCF was on probation in the first place? Self-reported text messaging violations. A bit underwhelming, don't you think?

Of all this "Cheating" not one single instance resulted in gaining any advantage over anyone.
(This post was last modified: 08-02-2012 12:11 PM by Kruciff.)
08-02-2012 12:10 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Knights_of_UCF Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UCF
RE: CBS Sportsline Dennis Dodds Rips UCF...
(08-02-2012 12:01 PM)CyberBull Wrote:  I think the article is right on point, maybe a little over the top….but still drills down on the main issue. UCF got busted for cheating….again…and they seemingly don’t care.

Fact: UCF knowingly broke the rules to gain a competitive advantage.

If that wasn’t enough it’s athletic director, the person who is supposed to be regulatory and compliance end-all-be-all for the institution was the person leading his coaches astray. Typically it’s a rogue coach taking down the entire athletic department. It’s very rare and almost unheard of when it’s the Athletic Director who gets his coaches in trouble by introducing them to street agents and other undesirables. Even more damning was that UCF was already on probation for major violations….so one would think that there would have been a heightened sense of compliance. Guess not….

However, these things happen and UCF is paying the price….albeit not as harshly as it could have been for the dreaded lack of institutional control. What is very disappointing from a Big East point of view is that UCF is coming in as a “dirty” program by electing to take their bowl ban during their first year in the conference. That connects the league to scandal….when it should be a time for celebration for UCF entering a new league and the Big East taking a new direction. It quells some of the enthusiasm and takes away some of the luster of a so-called “up-and-coming” program. Can you imagine the ridicule the league would face if somehow UCF manages to win the regular season football championship?

What is even more concerning is that their President has demurred to George O’Leary who seems to always be around controversy much like flies around steaming pile of horse crap. President Hitt himself said that he wanted to take the bowl ban ‘hit’ during UCF’s last season in C-DOA but was talked out of it by Teflon George. Was this the compromise he reached in order for O'Leary to retire at the end of this season….and as a result UCF not having to pay a huge buyout if they just fired him now?

Odd development because UCF should be able to easily fire him “for cause”. If there is a termination that screams as a justified ‘for cause’ firing it’s O’Liar for failing to promote a culture of compliance. O’Leary gets his program on probation twice, has a highly publicized and costly player’s death on his watch and has a mediocre record at best….and the guy is allowed to continue coaching? How many times does he have to be sanctioned? So this could only seemingly point to one conclusion: either UCF is AFRAID of George O’Leary….or….the penalties have not changed a thing in eastern Orlando.

lol try harder. Your basketball program hired a basketball coach just to land Gilchrist.

http://www2.tbo.com/sports/sports/2008/a...ar-135231/

The culture of cheating is at every school, not just UCF or USF.
08-02-2012 12:33 PM
CyberBull Offline
Heisman

I Root For: USF
(08-02-2012 12:35 PM)jaredf29 Wrote:  As much as I dislike USF I wouldn't wish this type of misfortune on them. Sad you cant say the same Cyber.

Yeah right....considering your fanbase had a 8 week boner when the entire Leavitt story was unfolding....I am going to have to call you on that.

I guess you are missing the irony here. For years UCF's fans had this holier than thou attitude which was obviously all a sham under O'Leary. Reminds of the evangelical preachers we see on TV condemning immorality yet turn around and ask compassion and forgiveness after they get caught in sleazy motel with a bag of coke and male prostitute.

That aside, the really disappointing thing about the whole thing is that by you appealing you are now bringing this scandal into the Big East and something that tarnish what should be an exciting Big East 2013 season. Sorry if that offends or too honest...
08-02-2012 01:06 PM
CyberBull Offline
Heisman

(08-02-2012 12:09 PM)TampaKnight Wrote:  I hate hearing about UCF players partying, getting drunk, caught with hookers or in a sexually promiscuous situation...not good press, not good 'mores', not good at all.

When did this happen?

You see that has been the difference between USF and UCF.

At USF the story above would have been in the paper for weeks in Tampa....at UCF if what you were alluding to really happened never came out. Much like the Brandon Marshall arrests not coming out until two year later around the NFL draft. I don't think you guys are going to fly under the radar anymore....welcome to the club.
08-02-2012 01:12 PM
Advertisement

Knights_of_UCF Offline
Heisman

(08-02-2012 01:12 PM)CyberBull Wrote:  
(08-02-2012 12:09 PM)TampaKnight Wrote:  I hate hearing about UCF players partying, getting drunk, caught with hookers or in a sexually promiscuous situation...not good press, not good 'mores', not good at all.

When did this happen?

At USF the story above would have been in the paper for weeks in Tampa....at UCF if what you were alluding to really happened never came out. Much like the Brandon Marshall arrests not coming out until two year later around the NFL draft. I don't think you guys are going to fly under the radar anymore....welcome to the club.

it hasn't happened. TampaKnight isn't a UCF fan. No ucf player has been caught with hookers, etc. Everything a UCF player does gets reported the same was a USF player does. I am pretty certain TampaKnight is really Cyberbull and they are just talking to themselves.
08-02-2012 01:36 PM
CyberBull Offline
Heisman

(08-02-2012 01:36 PM)Knights_of_UCF Wrote:  

When did this happen?

it hasn't happened. TampaKnight isn't a UCF fan. No ucf player has been caught with hookers, etc. Everything a UCF player does gets reported the same was a USF player does. I am pretty certain TampaKnight is really Cyberbull and they are just talking to themselves.

You have a vivid imagination.....keep drinking my friend.
08-02-2012 01:40 PM
Knights_of_UCF Offline
Heisman

(08-02-2012 01:40 PM)CyberBull Wrote:  

When did this happen?

Yet you're the one who thinks UCF has the local PD and new reporters on payroll to keep the stories of UCF players with drunken hookers under wraps while, as you put it, the same stories would be all the talk in Tampa.
08-02-2012 01:59 PM
Advertisement

CyberBull Offline
Heisman

(08-02-2012 01:59 PM)Knights_of_UCF Wrote:  

When did this happen?

Yet you're the one who thinks UCF has the local PD and new reporters on payroll to keep the stories of UCF players with drunken hookers under wraps while, as you put it, the same stories would be all the talk in Tampa.

No not at all...only an insane person like the FutbolGuru would say something like that. I doubt there is any cover up. Instead, UCF used to fly under the radar and you didn't have a weasel like Brett McMurphy as your beat reporter. So when you used to bash USF for always being in the news....usually for really stupid knucklehead stuff....its b/c we had two papers covering us and we had higher visibility playing CUSA and then the Big East. That is why I said, welcome to the club.

Look....all BS aside: I am really surprised that UCF is appealing this b/c it would make more sense to start with a clean slate in 2013. I have a LOT of friends who are UCF alums...and they are scratching their head why and how O'Leary survived yet another scandal.
(This post was last modified: 08-02-2012 04:23 PM by CyberBull.)
08-02-2012 04:21 PM
Knights_of_UCF Offline
Heisman

(08-02-2012 04:21 PM)CyberBull Wrote:  
(08-02-2012 01:59 PM)Knights_of_UCF Wrote:  
(08-02-2012 01:12 PM)CyberBull Wrote:  When did this happen?

No not at all...only an insane person like the FutbolGuru would say something like that. I doubt there is any cover up. Instead, UCF used to fly under the radar and you didn't have a weasel like Brett McMurphy as your beat reporter. So when you used to bash USF for always being in the news....usually for really stupid knucklehead stuff....its b/c we had two papers covering us and we had higher visibility playing CUSA and then the Big East. That is why I said, welcome to the club.

That just simply is not true. Quit trying to make usf seem big time and ucf seem small time. UCF never flew under the radar, everything has been reported just like USF. Not our fault Leavitt ran a dirty program full of guys who liked to get arrested.
08-03-2012 12:22 PM
Knightsweat Offline
Heisman

I Root For: OU & UCF
CyberBull, I know you're angry that UCF is finally on even footing with that slum you root for in Temple Terrace. Now that USF and UCF both carry a BE tag, recruits will choose us over that bombing range you call a school. I get it man, you're frustrated. You're as obvious as a fart in church.
08-04-2012 11:54 PM
Advertisement

CyberBull Offline
Heisman

(08-04-2012 11:54 PM)Knightsweat Wrote:  CyberBull, I know you're angry that UCF is finally on even footing with that slum you root for in Temple Terrace. Now that USF and UCF both carry a BE tag, recruits will choose us over that bombing range you call a school. I get it man, you're frustrated. You're as obvious as a fart in church.

Enjoy being on probation.
08-05-2012 02:01 AM
Knightsweat Offline
Heisman

(08-05-2012 02:01 AM)CyberBull Wrote:  
(08-04-2012 11:54 PM)Knightsweat Wrote:  CyberBull, I know you're angry that UCF is finally on even footing with that slum you root for in Temple Terrace. Now that USF and UCF both carry a BE tag, recruits will choose us over that bombing range you call a school. I get it man, you're frustrated. You're as obvious as a fart in church.

Enjoy being on probation.

LOL, that's witty. I think that's the closest you've come to shutting your mouth about UCF. I'll take it. And to Dogma's negative rep, you're right. I shouldn't have ripped USF along with Cyberbull. I do apologize. I see even you guys can't stand him.
(This post was last modified: 08-06-2012 07:30 PM by Knightsweat.)
08-06-2012 07:28 PM
CyberBull Offline
Heisman

I can understand why you are upset. If it was my school that has been in the news the last three years for all the wrong reasons.....I would not be happy either. However, it would help if you grow a thicker skin...and acknowledge that UCF deserves to be criticized. Especially when ppl like you had no problem bashing USF for stuff that pales in comparison to what UCF has done.

Oh btw, I'm cool with UCF in the Big East....just think appealing the bowl ban is just another example of of O'Leary trying to game the system. O'Leary is everything that is wrong with college football....and again....iI know many UCF fans that agree with this sentiment.
08-06-2012 08:21 PM
Advertisement

Knightshift Offline
1st String

Well so much for this board being above the "CUSA kiddie board" and not devolving into pissing matches.
08-06-2012 09:08 PM
Knightsweat Offline
Heisman

(08-06-2012 08:21 PM)CyberBull Wrote:  I can understand why you are upset. If it was my school that has been in the news the last three years for all the wrong reasons.....I would not be happy either. However, it would help if you grow a thicker skin...and acknowledge that UCF deserves to be criticized. Especially when ppl like you had no problem bashing USF for stuff that pales in comparison to what UCF has done.

Oh btw, I'm cool with UCF in the Big East....just think appealing the bowl ban is just another example of of O'Leary trying to game the system. O'Leary is everything that is wrong with college football....and again....iI know many UCF fans that agree with this sentiment.

My skin is just fine. You ***** non-stop about UCF, so don't act like this is the first time you have taken cheap shots at us. For what it's worth, I think UCF should take the penalties and enter the BE clear of post-season bans, so on that point we agree. We can also agree upon GOL. I think he should be let go, or retire.
08-06-2012 10:59 PM
CD11 Offline
I won.

I Root For: Myself
RE: [split] CBS Sportsline Dennis Dodds Rips UCF...
Wow, ***** isn't a censored word now?
08-07-2012 09:12 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.