Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Is Mittens now the POTUS?
Fo Shizzle Offline
Pragmatic Classical Liberal

I Root For: ECU PIRATES

Balance of Power Contest
Is Mittens now the POTUS?
I took pause in hearing his comments today in Israel. He repeatedly made the statement that "We would never abandon Israel." I guess he speaks for all Americans now?05-stirthepot
07-29-2012 09:00 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

200yrs2late Offline
Resident Parrothead

I Root For: East Carolina
RE: Is Mittens now the POTUS?
Hopefully in about 100 days...
07-29-2012 09:11 PM
Fo Shizzle Offline
Pragmatic Classical Liberal

I Root For: ECU PIRATES

Balance of Power Contest
(07-29-2012 09:11 PM)200yrs2late Wrote:  Hopefully in about 100 days...

Then he can speak for America. Until then he should stick to talking about his opinions...not that of the collective. It just goes directly to the arrogance of not only Mitt..but..all politicians.
07-30-2012 05:43 AM
Bull_In_Exile Offline
Eternal Pessimist

I Root For: The Underdog
(07-30-2012 05:43 AM)Fo Shizzle Wrote:  

Then he can speak for America. Until then he should stick to talking about his opinions...not that of the collective. It just goes directly to the arrogance of not only Mitt..but..all politicians.

C'mon people both rich and poor speak of American Collectively... We should tax the rich, we should preserve tradition marriage...
07-30-2012 08:27 AM
Ninerfan1 Offline
Habitual Line Stepper

I Root For: Charlotte

No disrespect Fo but of all the things going on in this country to get riled up about this really shouldn't be high on your list.
07-30-2012 08:34 AM
TampaKnight Offline
Knight Family

I Root For: The American
In Biblical history, Israel was by far the most inconsistent in serving the Lord God, and strayed from worshiping Him on countless occasions. I truly wonder why the United States is so fixated upon protecting and maintaining such a disparate relationship with THAT particular country.
(This post was last modified: 07-30-2012 08:37 AM by TampaKnight.)
07-30-2012 08:37 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

200yrs2late Offline
Resident Parrothead

I Root For: East Carolina

You don't think the majority of Americans support Isreal? I don't recall lots of uproar or condemnation of previous presidents or any other politicians for stating support for Isreal.

Largely it's a non-issue. The US has historically supported Isreal, and the only reason this is an issue is because the current president hasn't made a visit and has contributed to undermining the somewhat peaceful balance of power in the region.
07-30-2012 08:43 AM
Machiavelli Offline
Back to Reality. Oh there goes Gravity

I Root For: BGSU
The problem is he is setting policy and he has no business setting policy. He's measuring drapes and picking out linens for the oval office. You're still just a candidate Willard. You haven't won anything yet. If his first trip around the globe is any indication of how his diplomacy will be. We're screwed.
07-30-2012 08:55 AM
SumOfAllFears Offline
Grim Reaper of Misguided Liberal Souls

I Root For: America
Romney is reiterating Obaffoon's position on Israel as well as the position every president before him. Romney is a private citizen and can say whatever he wants. Why do you libtards hate Israel and the Jews so much.
07-30-2012 09:08 AM
Machiavelli Offline

I don't hate them but the whole area is a tarpit. Just dangle your toe in there. At best it's pretty damn messy. At it's worst you could lose your life.
The problem is neither side wants the other guy to have it. So how do you solve it?

We should have put the United Nation's in Jerusalem. No one owns it. Everyone owns it. Three religions have legitimate claims in the area.

For criss sakes if they were smart they would make a "Religious Disney World" out of the place and print money. Double Decker tour buses with Snack shops on every tour stop. Put me in charge and in 50 years I would turn that place into a money maker.
07-30-2012 09:23 AM
Ninerfan1 Offline
Habitual Line Stepper

Yeah, cause Obama NEVER said anything like that when he went to Israel as a candidate.

Quote:Today I had a series of productive discussions with many of Israel's key leaders about how to address the broad range of security threats that Israel faces and the broad threats that all of us face. I look forward to continuing these consultations with Prime Minister Olmert this evening, and I'm also looking forward to consulting closely with our European allies about Iran and other challenges in the days ahead.

Wow, look at him pick out those drapes. I bet he had a the new couch in mind he was putting in the Oval Office.

Quote:Now let me just close by saying that I bring to Sderot, an unshakeable commitment to Israel's security. The state of Israel faces determined enemies who seek its destruction. But it also has a friend and ally in the United States that will always stand by the people of Israel.

HORRIBLE!!!! HORRIBLE I SAY!!! WHO DID OBAMA THINK HE WAS? Setting policy in this way?!!! He hadn't won anything!!!
07-30-2012 09:23 AM
Advertisement

Smaug Offline
Happnin' Dude

I Root For: Dragons

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
Romney talking like he's already been elected isn't exactly setting a precedent. If he didn't have balls-out confidence in himself, he'd be a pretty weak candidate, and an even worse president.

See: Carter, James E.
07-30-2012 09:41 AM
SumOfAllFears Offline
Grim Reaper of Misguided Liberal Souls

I Root For: America
(07-30-2012 09:23 AM)Machiavelli Wrote:  I don't hate them but the whole area is a tarpit. Just dangle your toe in there. At best it's pretty damn messy. At it's worst you could lose your life.
The problem is neither side wants the other guy to have it. So how do you solve it?

We should have put the United Nation's in Jerusalem. No one owns it. Everyone owns it. Three religions have legitimate claims in the area.

For criss sakes if they were smart they would make a "Religious Disney World" out of the place and print money. Double Decker tour buses with Snack shops on every tour stop. Put me in charge and in 50 years I would turn that place into a money maker.

You have taken retardation to a new level.
07-30-2012 09:52 AM
Machiavelli Offline

I don't get the uproar then, but it was all over the news like he talked out of school.
07-30-2012 09:54 AM
Bull_In_Exile Offline
Eternal Pessimist

(07-30-2012 08:37 AM)TampaKnight Wrote:  In Biblical history, Israel was by far the most inconsistent in serving the Lord God, and strayed from worshiping Him on countless occasions. I truly wonder why the United States is so fixated upon protecting and maintaining such a disparate relationship with THAT particular country.

Only functional Democracy in the ME and the only one that respects the rights of all citizens..

I'm not saying I agree with all the aid or favoritism but we do have *FAR* more in common with Israel than any other nation in the ME
07-30-2012 09:55 AM
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

I Root For: B-G-S-U !!!!
(07-30-2012 09:55 AM)Bull_In_Exile Wrote:  
(07-30-2012 08:37 AM)TampaKnight Wrote:  In Biblical history, Israel was by far the most inconsistent in serving the Lord God, and strayed from worshiping Him on countless occasions. I truly wonder why the United States is so fixated upon protecting and maintaining such a disparate relationship with THAT particular country.

Only functional Democracy in the ME and the only one that respects the rights of all citizens..

I'm not saying I agree with all the aid or favoritism but we do have *FAR* more in common with Israel than any other nation in the ME

Ummm....I'm thinking of a word that start with a P....now what is that word again.........
07-30-2012 10:06 AM
Advertisement

Ninerfan1 Offline
Habitual Line Stepper

(07-30-2012 10:06 AM)Redwingtom Wrote:  Ummm....I'm thinking of a word that start with a P....now what is that word again.........

The P word you're thining of aren't citizens of Israel. Those that are citizens of Israel make up 20% of the country's population, have all rights that every other citizen does and hold 13 seats in the country's parliament.
07-30-2012 10:13 AM
Bull_In_Exile Offline
Eternal Pessimist

(07-30-2012 10:06 AM)Redwingtom Wrote:  
(07-30-2012 09:55 AM)Bull_In_Exile Wrote:  

Ummm....I'm thinking of a word that start with a P....now what is that word again.........

I started with a word that starts with a C... Now what was that word again?

Palestinians in the OT's are not Jewish citizens.. But Arabs and Palestinians who live in Isreal and are citizens have *FULL RIGHTS*

Quote:The Israeli Ministry of Foreign Affairs states that "Arab Israelis are citizens of Israel with equal rights" and states that "The only legal distinction between Arab and Jewish citizens is not one of rights, but rather of civic duty. Since Israel's establishment, Arab citizens have been exempted from compulsory service in the Israel Defense Forces (IDF). Druze and Circassians are drafted into the Israeli army, while other Arabs may serve voluntarily; however, only a very small number of Arabs choose to volunteer for the Israeli army

I know it sucks that Israel is not really the evil caricature that you so want them to be.

Are they perfect? no, not even close but I will stand by this:

(This post was last modified: 07-30-2012 10:20 AM by Bull_In_Exile.)
07-30-2012 10:18 AM
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

I Root For: B-G-S-U !!!!
Bull...relax...you constantly want to put words into my mouth. When did I ever call or characterize Israel as evil?

And I know you said citizens and I get all that...but Israel could certainly handle the Palestine situation a little better IMO.
07-30-2012 10:22 AM
smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

I Root For: Lower taxes
(07-29-2012 09:00 PM)Fo Shizzle Wrote:  I took pause in hearing his comments today in Israel. He repeatedly made the statement that "We would never abandon Israel." I guess he speaks for all Americans now?05-stirthepot

I don't see anything wrong with saying that. Besides, what's the alternative? "We might abandon Israel sometime in the future." That probably wouldn't play well over here. But you are correct that he spoke for all Americans when the left would rather side with Palestine instead of Israel.
07-30-2012 10:25 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.