3. Louisiana-Lafayette (2)
4. Western Kentucky (1)
5. Troy
6. Louisiana-Monroe
7. Middle Tennessee
8. North Texas
9. Florida Atlantic
10.South Alabama
(This post was last modified: 07-16-2012 11:19 AM by MG61.)
07-16-2012 11:16 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

dahbeed Offline
Heisman

I Root For: wku toppahs!!!
RE: Sun Belt Coaches Poll
(07-16-2012 11:16 AM)MG61 Wrote:  2012 Preseason Sun Belt Poll First place votes in parenthesis
1. Florida International (5)
2. Arkansas State (2)
4. Western Kentucky (1)
5. Troy
6. Louisiana-Monroe
7. Middle Tennessee
8. North Texas
9. Florida Atlantic
10.South Alabama

who you think gave us that (1) first place vote?

willie t??? lol. he got hammered for doing that last year and everyone ridiculed him over it. me included. but he shut me up.
07-16-2012 11:28 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MG61 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UNT
How the voting went.

Here is the poll:
School – Points (First place votes in parentheses)
1. FIU – 92 (5)
2. Arkansas State – 85 (2)
3. Louisiana-Lafayette – 81 (2)
4. WKU – 70 (1)
5. Troy – 60
6. Louisiana-Monroe – 47
7. Middle Tennessee – 42
8. North Texas – 36
9. Florida Atlantic – 23
10. South Alabama – 14
07-16-2012 11:38 AM
Fanof49ASU Offline
Heisman

I Root For: stAte
(07-16-2012 11:28 AM)dahbeed Wrote:  
(07-16-2012 11:16 AM)MG61 Wrote:  2012 Preseason Sun Belt Poll First place votes in parenthesis
1. Florida International (5)
2. Arkansas State (2)
4. Western Kentucky (1)
5. Troy
6. Louisiana-Monroe
7. Middle Tennessee
8. North Texas
9. Florida Atlantic
10.South Alabama

who you think gave us that (1) first place vote?

willie t??? lol. he got hammered for doing that last year and everyone ridiculed him over it. me included. but he shut me up.

I'd bet he did it again.....I would.
07-16-2012 12:11 PM
MG61 Offline
Heisman

This is absolutely outrageous. FIU, Arkansas State, Louisiana-Lafayette and WKU picked ahead of Troy ? 03-nutkick No respect for the Belt's greatest football program ?03-hissyfit

It must be a conspiracy. I've repeatedly said that FIU, ASU, ULL and WKU would finish ahead of Troy this year and have been blasted by irate Trojans. Seems I'm not alone in my thinking.05-stirthepot

Fire away:noisycricket:
(This post was last modified: 07-16-2012 12:42 PM by MG61.)
07-16-2012 12:41 PM
TroyFootball05 Online
1987 Man of the Year

I Root For: Good Times
(07-16-2012 12:41 PM)MG61 Wrote:  This is absolutely outrageous. FIU, Arkansas State, Louisiana-Lafayette and WKU picked ahead of Troy ? 03-nutkick No respect for the Belt's greatest football program ?03-hissyfit

It must be a conspiracy. I've repeatedly said that FIU, ASU, ULL and WKU would finish ahead of Troy this year and have been blasted by irate Trojans. Seems I'm not alone in my thinking.05-stirthepot

Well, I personally never said we'd finish 1st. But I think we'll finish in the Top 3. We'll be 7-5 or better. We were picked 5th in 2006 and won the conference. It won't look like this in December. By the way it's no secret that you've always despised Troy and its fans. BurnTheHorse is wrong, you've been blasting us for as long as I can remember.

A few more things, the final results never match the preseason polls. I can guarantee you one thing: Troy will not finish behind all four that you suggested. You can put that in your status if you'd like and we'll all have a laugh if I'm wrong.

It also appears that I share the conference opinion in picking FIU to finish first, as well as some mean green fans who say there's no way Troy will win at UNT. Well, we're two spots ahead in this poll, but again, they are just opinions, MG61.
(This post was last modified: 07-16-2012 12:55 PM by TroyFootball05.)
07-16-2012 12:50 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

FIUFanatic Offline
1st String

I Root For:
Hey, opinions are opinions, especially when discussing pre-season previews.

Go FIU and SBC!
07-16-2012 12:52 PM
Atlanta Trojan Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: TROY
(07-16-2012 12:41 PM)MG61 Wrote:  This is absolutely outrageous. FIU, Arkansas State, Louisiana-Lafayette and WKU picked ahead of Troy ? 03-nutkick No respect for the Belt's greatest football program ?03-hissyfit

We play the under dog role very well. Im ok with it. Also the Coaches poll had last years top 4 way wrong....FIU and TROY were suppose to be 1 and two....both were not...UL was suppose to be one of the worse. and they were not...
(This post was last modified: 07-16-2012 12:57 PM by Atlanta Trojan.)
07-16-2012 12:54 PM
MG61 Offline
Heisman

(07-16-2012 12:50 PM)TroyFootball05 Wrote:  

Well, I personally never said we'd finish 1st. But I think we'll finish in the Top 3. We'll be 7-5 or better. By the way it's no secret that you've always despised Troy and its fans. BurnTheHorse is wrong, you've been blasting us for as long as I can remember.

A few more things, the final results never match the preseason polls. I can guarantee you one thing: Troy will not finish behind all four that you suggested. You can put that in your status if you'd like and we'll all have a laugh if I'm wrong.

Wrong, I don't despise Troy and alway root for you in OC games. I just like pulling your chain because of the greatness claims make by a number of your Troy folks. You guys love to dish it out, but have super thin skin. It's a message board, right ?05-nono
(This post was last modified: 07-16-2012 12:55 PM by MG61.)
07-16-2012 12:54 PM
TroyFootball05 Online
1987 Man of the Year

I Root For: Good Times
(07-16-2012 12:54 PM)MG61 Wrote:  

Well, I personally never said we'd finish 1st. But I think we'll finish in the Top 3. We'll be 7-5 or better. By the way it's no secret that you've always despised Troy and its fans. BurnTheHorse is wrong, you've been blasting us for as long as I can remember.

Wrong, I don't despise Troy and alway root for you in OC games. I just like pulling your chain because of the greatness claims make by a number of your Troy folks. You guys love to dish it out, but have super thin skin. It's a message board, right ?05-nono

I wouldn't say you guys. I'm pretty logical in my assertions. I do think Troy's five year run was the best program the sunbelt has seen, but its legacy is in jeopardy. I think we can get back on track. Whether or not we dominate the sunbelt like we have in the past is yet to be seen. We may never get on a run like that again, but don't expect us to finish any less than 3rd most years. We're still in the hunt.
07-16-2012 01:01 PM
Fanof49ASU Offline
Heisman

That decline that Troy is in the middle of, must be incredibly tough to take. I realize that UNT went through the same thing, but this is Troy! And they were previous OWNERS of the SBC.

Today, at the start of SBC media days, we should all take a moment of silence on behalf of Troy's football program.
07-16-2012 01:43 PM
Advertisement

Fanof49ASU Offline
Heisman

Amen.
07-16-2012 01:48 PM
dahbeed Offline
Heisman

I Root For: wku toppahs!!!
[Image: moment_of_silence.jpg]
07-16-2012 01:51 PM
Buzz Lightyear Lite Offline
Special Teams

(07-16-2012 12:54 PM)MG61 Wrote:  

You never pull my chain nor does anyone else. Because the games are played on the field and fortunes change as times go by.....therefore if we do well this year I will say SEE, if we do not I will see, if we really suck I will say Shi.....Either way pulling for one another and knowing that in fact a year can change with a key injury etc.....who knows.....plus honestly this year we could be from 4-12 victories and I have no idea where or how .........so fire away.....I hope our years of being a force in the Belt are not over.....because it always more fun to win......by the way the first 4 teams on this list play at TROY....
07-16-2012 01:58 PM
Buzz Lightyear Lite Offline
Special Teams

(07-16-2012 01:43 PM)Fanof49ASU Wrote:  That decline that Troy is in the middle of, must be incredibly tough to take. I realize that UNT went through the same thing, but this is Troy! And they were previous OWNERS of the SBC.

Today, at the start of SBC media days, we should all take a moment of silence on behalf of Troy's football program.

Decline would be a verb meaning to slope downward......technically a one year (one point) variance from dominance would not indicate a decline.......you may be right.....should this aberration continue then we may need our own moment of silence to reflect on the past and lament greatly the passing of the torch to another........Until then we shall only need to play the games on our schedule. If indeed a two point slope may indicate a slide or decline into the abyss of mediocracy as so many of our Belt brethern have languished in for years. But until then we shall have an aberrancy only of 2011 and no more or less may be derived from such a poor showing. 03-phew
07-16-2012 02:20 PM
Fanof49ASU Offline
Heisman

(07-16-2012 02:20 PM)Buzz Lightyear Lite Wrote:  Decline would be a verb meaning to slope downward......technically a one year (one point) variance from dominance would not indicate a decline.......you may be right.....should this aberration continue then we may need our own moment of silence to reflect on the past and lament greatly the passing of the torch to another........Until then we shall only need to play the games on our schedule. If indeed a two point slope may indicate a slide or decline into the abyss of mediocracy as so many of our Belt brethern have languished in for years. But until then we shall have an aberrancy only of 2011 and no more or less may be derived from such a poor showing. 03-phew

Freaking number crunchers. 03-banghead
07-16-2012 02:30 PM
Advertisement

TampaKnight Offline
Knight Family

I Root For: The American
North Texas. Sneaky team. :3
07-16-2012 03:45 PM
HoustonCajun Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Louisiana

Well, I personally never said we'd finish 1st. But I think we'll finish in the Top 3. We'll be 7-5 or better. We were picked 5th in 2006 and won the conference. It won't look like this in December. By the way it's no secret that you've always despised Troy and its fans. BurnTheHorse is wrong, you've been blasting us for as long as I can remember.

It also appears that I share the conference opinion in picking FIU to finish first, as well as some mean green fans who say there's no way Troy will win at UNT. Well, we're two spots ahead in this poll, but again, they are just opinions, MG61.

We'll get an indication in week #2 as UL visits Troy. Should be a hell of a game.
07-16-2012 03:48 PM
HoustonCajun Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Louisiana
(07-16-2012 03:48 PM)HoustonCajun Wrote:  

We'll get an indication in week #2 as UL visits Troy. Should be a hell of a game.

And week #4 when we host FIU. We'll know by then if we are a conference leader or not.
07-16-2012 04:06 PM
Side Show Joe Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: North Texas
5 though 8 is all wrong. The rest looks about right to me.
(This post was last modified: 07-17-2012 08:41 AM by Side Show Joe.)
07-17-2012 08:41 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.