More Good Basketball Pub
Bookmark and Share
Statman101 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: N/A
More Good Basketball Pub
Not bad considering at times here and other places, individuals have been critical of the kids on this team. Congrats to Darren.

http://www.gocamels.com/sports/mbkb/2011...07113t5f1b
07-11-2012 09:00 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

camelfan Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Campbell
RE: More Good Basketball Pub
That is great news. Glad he is doing well. Darren is a talented player and is doing well academically. He is the kind of student athelete we need at Campbell.

In some cases the critical comments about others (players and coaches) are warranted. There are more folks than you give credit to who support the team by physically attending the games and financially that feel this way.

I hope 2012/2013 is a better year than last year was. The way we have finished the last two seasons was very disappointing.
07-11-2012 10:49 AM
Statman101 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: N/A
RE: More Good Basketball Pub
(07-11-2012 10:49 AM)camelfan Wrote:  That is great news. Glad he is doing well. Darren is a talented player and is doing well academically. He is the kind of student athelete we need at Campbell.

In some cases the critical comments about others (players and coaches) are warranted. There are more folks than you give credit to who support the team by physically attending the games and financially that feel this way.

I hope 2012/2013 is a better year than last year was. The way we have finished the last two seasons was very disappointing.

I meant more from an academic standpoint than athletic, but whatever.

Personally, I think its harder to win at C-U than many believe. The ending to the years have not been good, no doubt, but I am a numbers guy. What I see is a program that has had two of its three highest regular season win totals in the school's DI history over the past two years...attendance is at an ALL-time high...more students are engaged as ever...actual media coverage is at an all-time high.

Postseason is a different story and I agree it should be better, but I think alot of people believe if you change coaches it will automatically improve and I don't know if I necessarily agree with that logic.

The questions you have to ask yourself are pretty simple. How much can you afford (it will definitely have to be more than the program is spending now and not just for a head coach but staff as well)? How many years are you willing to give on a contract (this will be a major issue...more than two years...probably closer to five)? Who can you actually get (are you making a change...just to make a change or are you actually improving)?
07-11-2012 01:34 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Geo Visitors Map
Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.