Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Five Questions for ASU
Bookmark and Share
MT FAN Offline
All American

I Root For: Middle Tennesse
Five Questions for ASU
Arkansas State getting a lot of attention from Gomiddle.com this year.

http://middletennessee.rivals.com/conten...ID=1383408
07-10-2012 07:10 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

arkstfan Away
Sorry folks

I Root For: Fresh Starts
RE: Five Questions for ASU
Cannot believe they are using content from Luke Matheson.

The guy collected subscription fees and didn't attend a single game last year.
07-10-2012 08:07 AM
Fanof49ASU Offline
Heisman

I Root For: stAte
03-lmfao They're using Luke?!?! 03-lmfao

I just lost respect for Gomiddle.com .....sorry, but you have to do your homework in choosing someone for a team article. I see that Gomiddle had to proofread and correct all the typographical and grammatical errors.
07-10-2012 08:53 AM
OsageJ Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

It may have had to do with them being a Rivals site also.
07-10-2012 09:21 AM
Fanof49ASU Offline
Heisman

I thought Luke quit 'writing' to pursue his country music career?
07-10-2012 09:40 AM
statefanatic Offline
Howl at the Moon

(07-10-2012 08:07 AM)arkstfan Wrote:  Cannot believe they are using content from Luke Matheson.

The guy collected subscription fees and didn't attend a single game anlast year.

Luke is an embarrassment to ASU sports.
07-10-2012 09:46 AM
Advertisement

chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
(07-10-2012 09:40 AM)Fanof49ASU Wrote:  I thought Luke quit 'writing' to pursue his country music career?

Kenny Chesney and Jesus told him he should stick to writing.

He collected 3 months of subscribers fee's last year, and did not write a single article. At one point he actually quit writing for ASU, trashed us on twitter about how horrible we were, and started writing for Arkansas...only to lose that job and be forced to cover ASU again.
07-10-2012 11:22 AM
KAjunRaider Offline
Heisman

I Root For: U.M.T.
(07-10-2012 11:22 AM)chiefsfan Wrote:  
(07-10-2012 09:40 AM)Fanof49ASU Wrote:  I thought Luke quit 'writing' to pursue his country music career?

Kenny Chesney and Jesus told him he should stick to writing.

He collected 3 months of subscribers fee's last year, and did not write a single article. At one point he actually quit writing for ASU, trashed us on twitter about how horrible we were, and started writing for Arkansas...only to lose that job and be forced to cover ASU again.

03-lmfao Rack Him
(This post was last modified: 07-10-2012 11:28 AM by KAjunRaider.)
07-10-2012 11:28 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
WinstonTheWolf Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Arkansas State
Didn't he copy and paste content from stAte's scout site that had a typo in it?

And didn't he do this after threatening to seek legal action multiple times against his own members when they'd leak something on arkst.com - the place which was nice enough to give him his start in the recruiting forum there?
07-10-2012 01:22 PM
chiefsfan Offline

(07-10-2012 01:22 PM)WinstonTheWolf Wrote:  Didn't he copy and paste content from stAte's scout site that had a typo in it?

And didn't he do this after threatening to seek legal action multiple times against his own members when they'd leak something on arkst.com - the place which was nice enough to give him his start in the recruiting forum there?

Yeah, he copied and pasted directly from scout's article a couple weeks ago.

Everything else is true, but lets not forget his time as a self proclaimed severe weather spotter.
07-10-2012 01:47 PM
arkstfan Away
Sorry folks

Wish I had saved all his tweets trashing ASU when he took the job with a Hog site as well as all the ones where he was telling ASU fans how stupid they were for believing there was the slightest shred of truth to the Malzahn rumors. One of them came after I had confirmation the deal was signed but couldn't run it for fear of people figuring out who the source was. Meanwhile he is saying "his sources laughed at the idea Gus would take the ASU job."

Oh and let's see last year there was the insider report where his source told him ASU was first in line for CUSA ahead of FIU and UNT (who my sources said were the only locks of the whole deal).

But the highlight had to be when the Scout site misspelled a kid's name and strangely enough Luke not only misspelled it the same way but got precisely identical quotes from the kid. Difference being the Scout site fixed their error about 30 minutes after posting.
07-10-2012 01:55 PM
Advertisement

arkstfan Away
Sorry folks

Seriously though he is a lot like a former poster here who was an MTSU fan at one point. The guy will work on the site hard for 4 to 8 weeks, hit a down phase and go weeks collecting subscriptions and doing absolutely nothing. Then he will get mad at someone launch a tirade, go silent again then after a bit go through another cycle of posting content.

Did my best to help him get his site off the ground and get subscribers. Worked out a deal where if he would post some recruiting info he could link all he wanted to his site. Every link was subscriber only, even stuff that was Rivals network stuff that was free on other sites. He had a deal to provide content to ArkansasSports360.com and to KAIT8 in Jonesboro and then when they used a few things got mad and said they were stealing content. Odd bird.
07-10-2012 02:00 PM
Seminole Indian Offline
All American

I Root For: Texas
(07-10-2012 02:00 PM)arkstfan Wrote:  Seriously though he is a lot like a former poster here who was an MTSU fan at one point. The guy will work on the site hard for 4 to 8 weeks, hit a down phase and go weeks collecting subscriptions and doing absolutely nothing. Then he will get mad at someone launch a tirade, go silent again then after a bit go through another cycle of posting content.

Did my best to help him get his site off the ground and get subscribers. Worked out a deal where if he would post some recruiting info he could link all he wanted to his site. Every link was subscriber only, even stuff that was Rivals network stuff that was free on other sites. He had a deal to provide content to ArkansasSports360.com and to KAIT8 in Jonesboro and then when they used a few things got mad and said they were stealing content. Odd bird.

Shoot, I emailed him and told him his biggest mistake was getting involved with The Den (of fools), and it would be his undoing, and thought it was.

Along with everyone else associated with ASU, I moved on to AStateNation.
07-10-2012 06:28 PM
statefanatic Offline
Howl at the Moon

(07-10-2012 06:28 PM)Seminole Indian Wrote:  
(07-10-2012 02:00 PM)arkstfan Wrote:  Seriously though he is a lot like a former poster here who was an MTSU fan at one point. The guy will work on the site hard for 4 to 8 weeks, hit a down phase and go weeks collecting subscriptions and doing absolutely nothing. Then he will get mad at someone launch a tirade, go silent again then after a bit go through another cycle of posting content.

Shoot, I emailed him and told him his biggest mistake was getting involved with The Den (of fools), and it would be his undoing, and thought it was.

AstAteNation is the way to go. At least he puts forth effort to get ASU fans as much info as he can.
07-10-2012 06:59 PM
Seminole Indian Offline
All American

I Root For: Texas
(07-10-2012 06:59 PM)statefanatic Wrote:  

AstAteNation is the way to go. At least he puts forth effort to get ASU fans as much info as he can.
It is the only source of factual information about ASU athletics aside from the official site! Which is why everyone at ASU goes out of their way to help.

I think most ASU Coaches and Administrators go out of their way to avoid the folks on The Den, but they still get the scoop on a lot of things involving ASU athletics, so they are probably still the #1 ASU site on the internet.

Between the The Den, AStateNation and the official site and ASU fans can pretty much stay up on ASU athletics.
07-10-2012 07:31 PM
Fanof49ASU Offline
Heisman

(07-10-2012 01:55 PM)arkstfan Wrote:  Wish I had saved all his tweets trashing ASU when he took the job with a Hog site as well as all the ones where he was telling ASU fans how stupid they were for believing there was the slightest shred of truth to the Malzahn rumors. One of them came after I had confirmation the deal was signed but couldn't run it for fear of people figuring out who the source was. Meanwhile he is saying "his sources laughed at the idea Gus would take the ASU job."

Oh and let's see last year there was the insider report where his source told him ASU was first in line for CUSA ahead of FIU and UNT (who my sources said were the only locks of the whole deal).

But the highlight had to be when the Scout site misspelled a kid's name and strangely enough Luke not only misspelled it the same way but got precisely identical quotes from the kid. Difference being the Scout site fixed their error about 30 minutes after posting.

I'm trying to figure out how, when and why your rep points have surpassed mine... 07-coffee3
07-10-2012 08:51 PM
Advertisement

arkstfan Away
Sorry folks

Five Questions for ASU
(07-10-2012 06:28 PM)Seminole Indian Wrote:  Shoot, I emailed him and told him his biggest mistake was getting involved with The Den (of fools), and it would be his undoing, and thought it was.

His undoing was stealing people's money by not providing content and big as crazy and as much of a sorry jerk as you are.

You'll find more truth and insight on the front page of the Den than that moron has ever spoken much less posted.
07-10-2012 09:02 PM
chiefsfan Offline

You realize the majority of the posters on astatenation are members on the Den...right?

Thanks for your continual trashing of our site...which will still be there, regardless of what Scout does with astatenation. We appreciate your support.
07-10-2012 10:09 PM
arkstfan Away
Sorry folks

Five Questions for ASU
Funny thing about Astatenation, James and I talk frequently, I've tried to help him out and we share content.
07-10-2012 11:27 PM
chiefsfan Offline

(07-10-2012 11:27 PM)arkstfan Wrote:  Funny thing about Astatenation, James and I talk frequently, I've tried to help him out and we share content.

I cant believe James would risk his career associating with people like us...01-lauramac2
07-10-2012 11:44 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.