wvu's blue-gold game
Bookmark and Share
ice750 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:
Folding@NCAAbbs

well well well

what can i say...except wow
what a turnout for the spring game yesterday i was extremely pleased to see so many faces in mountaineer field to watch these guys

and for those that did show up you got to see jason gwaltney and scooter berry and a lot of our other football prospects for this coming recruiting year, physically jason gwaltney and scooter berry both look like they are more than capable of stepping on the field right now and playing ball

chris henry and john pennington were making some honestly awesome catches, kay jay and the rest of the number one offense struggled in the first half, i guess coach rod's "pep talk" at halftime did light a fire because kay jay came out and ripped some nice runs, one a 92 yard td scamper that was called back due to a clipping penalty...watch out for washington transfer eddie jackson..man this guy is big he can break tackles and he can play, can catch, run routes and break tackles after the catch

the qb's looked good, except i still think that the starter should be hales who showed yesterday that he is a better passer than marshall, dwayne thompson and bednarik both looked sharp,

i was happy to see our tight ends get the ball thrown to them a few times during that game

did you see major harris down on the field afterwards, i know i did..while i wasn't able to grab pac-man jones' autograph (he had the biggest crowd around him) nor henry's nor marshalls, i was able to get coach rods, thompsons, earnest hunter (that guy has to be one of the most polite people you will ever meet), got kay jay's autograph and told him if he makes it down to knoxville i will take him out and get him dinner (he said he would take me up on that offer so we shall see), even though they aren't mountaineers yet i did also get gwaltney's and berry's autograph on my helmet (those two are going to be huge for wvu) a lot of people who knew who they were came up and welcomed them to wvu..they look sold on wvu completely

i will be putting up pictures later
04-18-2004 07:28 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ice750 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:
Folding@NCAAbbs

and here as promised are the pictures from the game

<a href='http://www.ice750.com/wvubluegold.html' target='_blank'>spring game pictures</a>
04-18-2004 07:27 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
defNOIZE Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

Ice:

I got 2 sweet recruiting clips for Scooter Berry and Jason Gwaltney. Gwaltney's clip is next to amazing. On the last play of the clip, Gwaltney jumps through the hole, he gets hit by a big linebacker in mid air, bulls over the linebacker and lands on both feet and a hand, then regains his balance and runs like 60 yards for a TD. It is awesome. I'll post it......geocities.com/defnoize00/gwaltney.WMV

Check it out.
04-22-2004 03:55 PM
Advertisement

defNOIZE Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

GRRR! Nevermind, geocities won't let me upload that type of file. I can email it if you want.
04-22-2004 04:02 PM
ice750 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:
Folding@NCAAbbs

defnoize

no doubt email it to me

vancejones@direcway.com
04-24-2004 03:11 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.