Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Help! I've fallen and I can't get up (pg edition)
Bookmark and Share
CUSA_NEWS Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Memphis Ligers
Help! I've fallen and I can't get up (pg edition)
Quote:"One of the things we've got to do moving forward with this organization is we've got to find guys who can guard (Oklahoma City's Russell) Westbrook and guard (Los Angeles Clippers guard) Chris Paul," Barone said. "We're going to have to find someone who can help Mike Conley at that position. So we like (Wroten's) size and his quickness."

Translation: We admit we need a pg who won't look like a alittle kid and get abused ad nauseum in the post by pgs like Westbrook and Paul and someone who actually has grit and can fight those guys back and put pressure on them...

Quote:"If you get a very athletic player who can attack the basket off the dribble then you can take a poor shooter and make him to where he's not a liability because teams back off of him. ... You can teach that," Wallace said. "You can't teach the ability to make plays."

Translation: We admit we need a Tyreke/Harden type to get easy hoops as well as up our freethrow attempts from the pg spot. (Conley barely shoots two a game).

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/201...grizzlies/
06-26-2012 08:58 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Birmingham Tiger Offline
All American

I Root For: U of M / U of M
RE: Help! I've fallen and I can't get up (pg edition)
Newsflash: Conley is our PG and there is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT.

Get over it.
06-26-2012 09:03 AM
Tiger2Ways Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Memphis
Wroten is the future...
06-26-2012 11:24 AM
VinnieVegas Offline
Banned

(06-26-2012 09:03 AM)Birmingham Tiger Wrote:  Newsflash: Conley is our PG and there is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT.

Get over it.

If he is our point guard I hope we are all satisfied with a first round exit in the playoffs the next several seasons. Oh well I guess it's better than the Iavoroni years.
06-26-2012 11:41 AM
Rob
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
News flash. We all know we need a bigger pg so stop acting like you're right and everyone else is wrong. This is getting old.
06-26-2012 12:00 PM
Quote this message in a reply
VinnieVegas Offline
Banned

?
06-26-2012 12:48 PM
Advertisement

tigers0830 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(06-26-2012 11:41 AM)VinnieVegas Wrote:  
(06-26-2012 09:03 AM)Birmingham Tiger Wrote:  Newsflash: Conley is our PG and there is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT.

Get over it.

If he is our point guard I hope we are all satisfied with a first round exit in the playoffs the next several seasons. Oh well I guess it's better than the Iavoroni years.

Yupp we sure had a first round exit a year ago with Conley as our PG. I swear some of yall's hatred towards Conley is pathetic and way off base.

Conley is not the reason why we lost to the Clippers in the first round. A bunch of things played a role in losing to the Clippers one of them being Hollins crazy player rotation.

Conley is a good point guard and runs the offense the way Hollins wants it ran.
06-26-2012 01:07 PM
VinnieVegas Offline
Banned

(06-26-2012 01:07 PM)tigers0830 Wrote:  
(06-26-2012 11:41 AM)VinnieVegas Wrote:  

Get over it.

Yupp we sure had a first round exit a year ago with Conley as our PG. I swear some of yall's hatred towards Conley is pathetic and way off base.

Conley is not the reason why we lost to the Clippers in the first round. A bunch of things played a role in losing to the Clippers one of them being Hollins crazy player rotation.

Conley is a good point guard and runs the offense the way Hollins wants it ran.

I don't think we beat the Spurs because of Conley. I think Zbo had a lot to do with that and Shane Battier hit a big 3 in game 1 that changed the tone of the entire series. We have the smallest backcourt in the league with Conley and Mayo. Your competition is Westbrook, Paul and probably Deron Williams for the next 5-8 years. Shoot we couldn't stop Eric Bledsoe on the perimeter. We need more athletic guards!
06-26-2012 01:18 PM
VinnieVegas Offline
Banned

And to the Hollins point if Conley runs the offense the way "Hollins wants it ran" does that mean hold the ball until there's five seconds on the shot clock and then throw it to Rudy or Marc? Is that what he wants? Because that's what seemed to happen every time we got a small lead late in the game.
06-26-2012 01:21 PM
Tiger2Ways Offline
Special Teams

Conley was terrible in game 7 this year... TERRIBLE! Couldnt score anything couldnt guard ANYONE... Chris Paul did whatever he wanted, westbrook did whatever he wanted the year before... Mike Conley is not out PG in the future...u think we are REALLY looking for his back up?? We are looking for his replacement in the next year or 2... They know he is not a championship pg.. A bigger, more athletic PG (wroten)) is more effective with a pick and roll with Marc... Somebody in the front office finally got a clue..
06-26-2012 03:19 PM
staciemontero Offline
just one of the guys

I Root For: first place
Game 7 Conley had the flu.
06-26-2012 03:26 PM
Advertisement

tiger1016 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
(06-26-2012 03:19 PM)Tiger2Ways Wrote:  Conley was terrible in game 7 this year... TERRIBLE! Couldnt score anything couldnt guard ANYONE... Chris Paul did whatever he wanted, westbrook did whatever he wanted the year before... Mike Conley is not out PG in the future...u think we are REALLY looking for his back up?? We are looking for his replacement in the next year or 2... They know he is not a championship pg.. A bigger, more athletic PG (wroten)) is more effective with a pick and roll with Marc... Somebody in the front office finally got a clue..

Conley played the entire game with a flu....if they had a decent backup, he would have gotten some rest. Hell....he played almost every min of every game in the PO series just coz we didn't have a capable backup.
06-26-2012 03:46 PM
salukiblue Offline
Liaison to the Dummies

I Root For: Space Mountain
Had the flu...cry me a river.
06-26-2012 03:53 PM
tiger1016 Offline
Hall of Famer

(06-26-2012 03:53 PM)salukiblue Wrote:  Had the flu...cry me a river.

You Conley haters have been the ones crying this whole time....keep it up. Conley's the Grizz starting PG and it's not gonna change. Keep crying haters!
06-26-2012 06:30 PM
Tigerfan935 Offline
1st String

I just wish we could some how get Damian Lillard.
06-27-2012 02:37 AM
Tiger2Ways Offline
Special Teams

The flu?... I had a cold when I went to the game, but I held down the fort... I think Conley is ok, he plays the passing lanes very well, but he is a defensive liability when the other team decides to put him on an island... Any smart coach would pull up Conleys skirt in the playoffs...its no secret...
06-27-2012 03:44 AM
Advertisement

staciemontero Offline
just one of the guys

I Root For: first place
You don't have to like or be pro Conley to realize playing an entire basketball game at the professional level with the flu is not an easy task. I can't even walk around my house with the flu so there's no way in hell I'd be participating in any athletic activities.
06-27-2012 07:54 AM
salukiblue Offline
Liaison to the Dummies

I Root For: Space Mountain
(06-27-2012 07:54 AM)staciemontero Wrote:  You don't have to like or be pro Conley to realize playing an entire basketball game at the professional level with the flu is not an easy task. I can't even walk around my house with the flu so there's no way in hell I'd be participating in any athletic activities.

Did he have the flu in Game 3 when he was 3-10 from the field, or in Game 5 when he had 9 points on 4-10 shooting and only one trip to the line (on a techical foul)?
06-27-2012 09:05 AM
tiger1016 Offline
Hall of Famer

(06-27-2012 09:05 AM)salukiblue Wrote:  
(06-27-2012 07:54 AM)staciemontero Wrote:  You don't have to like or be pro Conley to realize playing an entire basketball game at the professional level with the flu is not an easy task. I can't even walk around my house with the flu so there's no way in hell I'd be participating in any athletic activities.

Did he have the flu in Game 3 when he was 3-10 from the field, or in Game 5 when he had 9 points on 4-10 shooting and only one trip to the line (on a techical foul)?

How about 10-15 in Game 4 for 25 pts? How about his assist-TO ratio in the series? Everyone knows the dude is not a stud but is a solid point guard. The mavs didn't have a stud point guard last year and won...it can be done. We need our Big 3 to consistently play well which did not happen in these playoffs.
06-27-2012 10:39 AM
Tiger2Ways Offline
Special Teams

I just don't like the fact that pg's post Conley up... Dang, its THAT much of a mismatch?m
06-27-2012 11:21 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

photo cincinnati.png  photo connecticut.png  photo east_carolina.png  photo houston.png  photo memphis.png  photo navy.png  photo smu.png  photo temple.png  photo tulane.png  photo central_florida.png  photo south_florida.png
 photo louisville.png  photo rutgers.png

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.