Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

The Dude of WV now says
CougarRed Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Houston
The Dude of WV now says
that the Big 12 won't be raiding the ACC or adding Notre Dame this summer in any capacity.

Either that's good news for the Big East, or something huge is about to break given how wrong that guy has been.
06-25-2012 10:24 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

TripleA Online
Legend

I Root For: Memphis Tigers

Memphis Hall of Fame
RE: The Dude of WV now says
(06-25-2012 10:24 PM)CougarRed Wrote:  that the Big 12 won't be raiding the ACC or adding Notre Dame this summer in any capacity.

Either that's good news for the Big East, or something huge is about to break given how wrong that guy has been.
Could that guy have been any wronger? 03-lmfao I think not. IF he's right this time, it will be the first ever.
06-25-2012 10:30 PM
CommuterBob Offline
Head Tailgater

I Root For: UCF, Ohio State
FWIW - the *Swami* is also backing off any XII expansion claims for this summer, claiming it's all Dodds' fault and that Dodds is waiting on ND.
06-25-2012 11:31 PM
ClairtonPanther Offline
people need to wake up

I Root For: Pitt/Navy

Donators
The Swami blocked me cuzz I dogged his ass once... At least the Dude can take it...
06-25-2012 11:39 PM
Advertisement

CommuterBob Offline
Head Tailgater

I Root For: UCF, Ohio State
(06-25-2012 11:39 PM)ClairtonPanther Wrote:  The Swami blocked me cuzz I dogged his ass once... At least the Dude can take it...

The Swami's a serial blocker. He can't take dissent or criticism.
06-25-2012 11:54 PM
Frank the Tank Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Illinois/DePaul
The Dude had entertaining tales, but when someone from West Virginia claims to have better information about the intentions of FSU, Clemson, Texas and Notre Dame than they did about WVU itself 6 months ago, one might be a little skeptical. At least I'll give the benefit of the doubt to The Dude where he was probably passing along something from a very connected WVU booster that has been overstating things (e.g. "Done deal this week!"). I think The Dude honestly believed what he was writing. Swaim, on the other hand, intentionally just makes s**t up to get website hits. He's an outright liar.
06-26-2012 12:48 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
TripleA Online
Legend

Memphis Hall of Fame
(06-26-2012 12:48 AM)Frank the Tank Wrote:  The Dude had entertaining tales, but when someone from West Virginia claims to have better information about the intentions of FSU, Clemson, Texas and Notre Dame than they did about WVU itself 6 months ago, one might be a little skeptical. At least I'll give the benefit of the doubt to The Dude where he was probably passing along something from a very connected WVU booster that has been overstating things (e.g. "Done deal this week!"). I think The Dude honestly believed what he was writing. Swaim, on the other hand, intentionally just makes s**t up to get website hits. He's an outright liar.
I think you're right about both guys. I think The Dude is naive, and Swaim has been wrong about everything concerning realignment for years now.

What amazes me is how many people continue to want to believe them, b/c they say things that some folks want to hear, even when all the legit evidence points in the other direction.

I recall posting on the realignment forum several weeks ago that Texas still seemed reluctant to add anybody not named Notre Dame, and I was attacked like I had criticized the Pope at a Catholic convention, lol, based on nothing more than the Dude's and Swaim's BS.

Highly entertaining, at least.
06-26-2012 07:02 AM
Advertisement

DFW HOYA Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Georgetown
This was the same Twitter feed that had Georgetown as an ACC target.

Buyer beware.
(This post was last modified: 06-26-2012 08:12 AM by DFW HOYA.)
06-26-2012 08:12 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Wilkie01 Offline
Cards Prognosticater
Jersey Retired

I Root For: Louisville
The Dude and Swami say

[Image: South_Park-Screw-l.jpg]
06-26-2012 08:28 AM
TripleA Online
Legend

Memphis Hall of Fame
^ Haha, that's priceless.
06-26-2012 08:34 AM
Advertisement

Psicosis Offline
Remain in Light

I Root For: Memphis

Crappies
NOOOOOOOO
06-26-2012 08:34 AM
Borncoog74 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Houston
So does this mean that EERMENOW will be gone from the Realignment Board come Aug 15th. 04-cheers
06-26-2012 08:54 AM
TripleA Online
Legend

Memphis Hall of Fame
I hope so.
06-26-2012 09:18 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.