Fresno St
Air Force
BYU
ECU
USM
Army
Other
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Predictions for Big East's 14th FB Member
SergiofromFresno Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Fresno State
Exclamation Predictions for Big East's 14th FB Member
Your guess for the Big East's 14th member-Barring anymore defections..

Mine is Fresno St.

The following schools wont jump...

Air Force
Army
BYU

imho ECU-Is on deck in the East if there are several defections..
06-25-2012 10:08 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BullsFanInTX Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: USF
RE: Predictions for Big East's 14th FB Member
I voted BYU but I could definitely see fresno. All the choices are good selection except Army.
06-25-2012 10:41 PM
Brian Reading Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Houston
Voted both BYU and Fresno State.
06-25-2012 11:00 PM
fresnostatebulldogfan Offline
2nd String

(06-25-2012 10:08 PM)SergiofromFresno Wrote:  Your guess for the Big East's 14th member-Barring anymore defections..

Mine is Fresno St.

The following schools wont jump...

Air Force
Army
BYU

imho ECU-Is on deck in the East if there are several defections..

+1 i hope that it is Fresno but in all likihood i think that BE could see several defections especially because a western school will not be added in time to help BSU join the BW. Even BYU is added next and added before the end of this month they do not help BSU in the BW. BW could continue to stall and BSU would have to go rogue and attempt indy in their oly sports.

If Fresno State gets added they would have to be added before the end of this week to make a difference and aid BSU getting into the BW. That is just not happening.

The same could be said for AFA... AFA will not jump before the TV deals are done and they know the risk and advantages to joining the BE.

Army is on record as a firm NO.

If the western division of the BE fails then ECU could be up on deck.

I hope that Fresno State is added but again just not going to make a difference as the BE is set to wait it out.
06-26-2012 12:43 AM
SteveAztec Offline
1st String

I Root For: San Diego State
I think the Big East wants BYU and Air Force, but I am not sure either will happen.

That is why Fresno State will be invited and they may just be the best of the 3 in the long run. (of BYU/Air Force/Fresno State)
06-26-2012 12:46 AM
Shasta77 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Houston
(06-25-2012 10:41 PM)BullsFanInTX Wrote:  All the choices are good selection except Army.

Respectfully disagree. While it would be great to get BYU, some of those choices add next to nothing. Really the biggest thing for the Big East at this point is the TV deal. No team we could add would increase our BCS distribution or get us a tie-in with a former BCS bowl.

BYU would increase the TV money substantially. My guess is that Army would mean a decent raise, but they won't join. After those two, AFA may help a little with the TV $$$. Southern Miss and East Carolina would likely mean LESS. I think Hattiesburg is well outside the top 100 media markets, and Greenville barely makes it the top 100. Fresno/Visalia is #55, not great but not that bad, and it gives the league two schools in population-rich California. My hunch is Fresno would somewhere between a little and nothing to the TV contract, but it wouldn't mean less money.

So I'd hope for 1) BYU 2 TIE) Air Force or Fresno--both have advantages.

Another option no one has considered, but that may not be a bad idea if none of BYU, AFA, or Fresno want to join would be to add FIU to the East Division, and move UL and Cincinnati (they'd be with Memphis and the two Texas schools) to the West. FIU has a ways to go, but that's a school with a lot of potential. It has 50k students and is the only public located in the 16th largest media market.
06-26-2012 02:27 AM
Advertisement

uccheese Offline
1st String

I Root For: Bearcats
Voting Fresno as the MOST likely, but I don't know why they'd do anything until we get to the point where Navy is joining and there are actually 13 teams. Too many variables until then to be making big decisions.

If it does come to that, I'm pretty indifferent to all of these teams and I'm cool with whoever fills that spot.
06-26-2012 07:37 AM
Lolly Popp Offline
Magically Delicious

I Root For: Football
Fresno State will be willing to join as long as San Diego State remains on board because they can easily get their other sports into the Big West. I think there is still decent value in the Big East having two California schools even if Boise State backs out of the deal.
06-26-2012 11:55 AM
RUfan03 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Rutgers, MCC
I voted for Fresno St because I think BYU is going to try and follow the ND route until they get a Big 12 invite. As far as Air Force, I think they are more comfortable in the MWC just like Army is more comfortable as an independent after their unsuccessful venture in C-USA.
06-26-2012 09:06 PM
SergiofromFresno Offline
2nd String

I think you guys are right on the Money.

BYU wont come, and Air Force and Fresno are the likliest candidates.

That said with AFA saying NO. The dominoes are falling into line for Fresno to join SDSU & Boise.
06-26-2012 09:10 PM
Bearcats#1 Offline
Ad nauseam King

I Root For: Pony94
Choice #1: BYU
Choice #2: Fresno
06-26-2012 09:13 PM
Advertisement

Boise fan Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Boise State
BYU won't come unless it is demonstrated they stand to make more money by joining. And then they'll need two years to clear their calendar, so it won't be until 2015 at the earliest. And it has to be a substantial increase in revenue, and access to the playoffs.

So they aren't coming.

Hello Fresno State!
06-26-2012 10:16 PM
CliftonAve Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jimmy Nippert
(06-26-2012 10:16 PM)Boise fan Wrote:  BYU won't come unless it is demonstrated they stand to make more money by joining. And then they'll need two years to clear their calendar, so it won't be until 2015 at the earliest. And it has to be a substantial increase in revenue, and access to the playoffs.

So they aren't coming.

Hello Fresno State!

FWIW, Navy's not coming until 2015 either.
06-26-2012 10:31 PM
uconnbaseball Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Divorce, Rivals
The Parliament Awards
Wishlist:

BYU
Air Force
Fresno State
USM
ECU
Rice ( :) )
Army

Any of the top 5 would be alright with me. Rice is a pipe dream because I am not sold on our athletic director's foresight and awareness of the seismic conference realignment shifts going on around him. Don't think BYU would accept an invitation, but Air Force might if we go after them hard enough.
06-26-2012 11:36 PM
fresnostatebulldogfan Offline
2nd String

(06-26-2012 09:10 PM)SergiofromFresno Wrote:  I think you guys are right on the Money.

BYU wont come, and Air Force and Fresno are the likliest candidates.

That said with AFA saying NO. The dominoes are falling into line for Fresno to join SDSU & Boise.

All that said... Fresno State wont join the BE. They cannot afford to cast their oly sports into a conference and put their Football in a conference that is 1) not stable due to original members wanting to go to better conference 2) BE not being committed to western division 3) conference that has/had no problem kicking out teams in the past are bond to repeat that pattern so if Fresno State for whatever reason gets kicked out they would have go into indy for football or the FB sports would be in a world of hurt. 4) BE has apparently not listened to the western schools/ fanbase already in the conference regarding adding Fresno State early when it was wise and timely to do so.

BSU has lost tiempo going into the BE with the delay in leaving the MWC. Boise attempted to make it work but it looks like it has failed or is failing (how ever you want to state it). BE has not shown any long term support for a western division outside of AFA and BYU. Just my humble opinion but I think that SDSU and BSU will be going back to the MWC. Good luck to BE.
(This post was last modified: 06-27-2012 12:08 AM by fresnostatebulldogfan.)
06-27-2012 12:07 AM
SteveAztec Offline
1st String

I Root For: San Diego State
I don't know who is next.

But I think the pecking order is as follows...

1. BYU
2. Air Force
3. Fresno State (IMO this would be the best choice. They offer more in the long run than either #1 or #2.)

If one says no, the others move up.
(This post was last modified: 06-27-2012 12:21 AM by SteveAztec.)
06-27-2012 12:20 AM
Advertisement

Wilkie01 Offline
Cards Prognosticater
Jersey Retired

I Root For: Louisville
I guess we could add all three and go to 16.
06-27-2012 12:29 AM
EDLUVAR Offline
1st String

I Root For: Boise St.
My vote is for sale for whoever will help BSU oly's....
06-27-2012 12:31 AM
monty Offline

I Root For: SDSU
(06-27-2012 12:29 AM)Wilkie01 Wrote:  I guess we could add all three and go to 16.

Big East is on the outside looking in right now, being a true best of the rest and having the clear 2nd best western conference might not be too bad as you have to change the rules and stragetgy a bit to compete

The pac had always been Noah's ark (2 in each state (norcal and socal are basically separate states))

but this would be Noah's arking it: 2 cali, florida, and texas; 2 academies; 2 hovering around the Zion curtain (then a pair of troikas)
06-27-2012 02:47 AM
tnzazz Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis Tigers!
I hope we never invite ECU. That fan base sucks.......talk about little man syndrome.
06-27-2012 03:55 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.