Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Boise State has until Saturday
Bookmark and Share
NIU1981 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Peace & Equity
Boise State has until Saturday
To formally withdraw from the Mountain West, after which their fee for leaving would increase from $2.5 million to $7.5 million.

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/post/_...w-from-mwc

The holdup is finding a home for their other (non-football) sports since the WAC is in its death throes. It would create quite the storm if Boise State decided to stay in the MWC.
06-25-2012 03:46 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

HuskieJohn Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU
RE: Boise State has until Saturday
Has SD St filed their papers?
06-25-2012 08:51 PM
UofToledoFans Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo and G5
If Boise State stayed...which they won't... that would hold us small conferences together. Because there would still be value in the old nonAQ. Without Boise State, Temple, then eventually schools like Air Force and SDSU... there is no reason to even keep us as D1-a. Because the bigger schools will play more conference games, and not need to pad a win with a bottom feeder program. Boise State keeps us floating.
06-25-2012 10:27 PM
Advertisement

NIUfilmmaker Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU!
(06-25-2012 10:27 PM)UofToledoFans Wrote:  If Boise State stayed...which they won't... that would hold us small conferences together. Because there would still be value in the old nonAQ. Without Boise State, Temple, then eventually schools like Air Force and SDSU... there is no reason to even keep us as D1-a. Because the bigger schools will play more conference games, and not need to pad a win with a bottom feeder program. Boise State keeps us floating.

I don't think things are quite that b&W, or desperate. Boise State might suck in 2 seasons and Ball State might be the new FBS underdog sweetheart...
06-25-2012 10:40 PM
UofToledoFans Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo and G5
not buying it... If it's going to be anyone from the MAC it's EMU 05-stirthepot
06-25-2012 11:11 PM
Advertisement

pono Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
they have the uniforms for it now
06-26-2012 03:19 AM
emu steve Online
Legend

I Root For: EMU / MAC
(06-25-2012 11:11 PM)UofToledoFans Wrote:  not buying it... If it's going to be anyone from the MAC it's EMU 05-stirthepot

Moses, AKA Ron English, will lead EMU to the promised land.

The promised land is Ford Field vs LK's Bobcats...

Did it not take 40 years in the desert?

Well it has been 25 years for EMU since winning the MAC in '87.

(Hope we don't have to wait 15 more years).
06-26-2012 03:45 AM
Advertisement

Louis Kitton Offline
Heisman

I Root For: High Fashion
(06-25-2012 10:40 PM)NIUfilmmaker Wrote:  
(06-25-2012 10:27 PM)UofToledoFans Wrote:  If Boise State stayed...which they won't... that would hold us small conferences together. Because there would still be value in the old nonAQ. Without Boise State, Temple, then eventually schools like Air Force and SDSU... there is no reason to even keep us as D1-a. Because the bigger schools will play more conference games, and not need to pad a win with a bottom feeder program. Boise State keeps us floating.

I don't think things are quite that b&W, or desperate. Boise State might suck in 2 seasons and Ball State might be the new FBS underdog sweetheart...

Boise though if they move back to the MW will be doing it with an unequal revenue sharing agreement that will take its financials pretty close to what they would be making in the MWC, plus a new MWC TV contract with Boise would be worth a ton more money.

A move would also probably lead to the MWC selecting a #12 school and having a championship game, something that Boise has always wanted. I am positive UTEP would hop over to the MWC if Boise State is involved with CUSA so watered down at the moment.

As I've said on the bowl thread, a MWC with Boise or BYU associated could probably land the Sun Bowl which is due to slide further down the bowl pecking order with the creation of a championship bowl..

FYI, the latest is that any conference champion ranked in the Top 15 may be receiving a BCS bowl so even less reason for a Boise State type program to move to the BE.
06-26-2012 06:18 AM
Miami (Oh) Yeah ! Offline
All American

I Root For: Collar Popping
(06-26-2012 03:45 AM)emu steve Wrote:  The promised land is Ford Field vs LK's Bobcats...

Wow, even EMU has won the MAC more recently than Ohio!! LOL

Been longer than 40 years for the kittens. Dry spell will be prolonged.
06-26-2012 10:45 AM
Advertisement

BrianNowicki Offline
All American

I Root For: Toledo
(06-26-2012 03:45 AM)emu steve Wrote:  
(06-25-2012 11:11 PM)UofToledoFans Wrote:  not buying it... If it's going to be anyone from the MAC it's EMU 05-stirthepot

It took 40 years, but it took 40 years after Moses led them to the desert.........so if English sticks around another 37 years 03-wink
06-26-2012 10:57 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
OhioBobcatJohn Offline
1st String

I Root For: Ohio
Too much money to not go to the Big East. WCC would be a great fit with BYU, Gonzaga and St Mary's hoops.
06-27-2012 01:05 AM
emu steve Online
Legend

I Root For: EMU / MAC
(06-26-2012 10:57 AM)BrianNowicki Wrote:  
(06-26-2012 03:45 AM)emu steve Wrote:  

It took 40 years, but it took 40 years after Moses led them to the desert.........so if English sticks around another 37 years 03-wink

The question for me, isn't if English will be around another 37 years, but will I? A daunting question.
06-27-2012 04:25 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.