Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Article: Add Boise in all sports
BullsFanInTX Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: USF
Article: Add Boise in all sports
http://louisvillesportslive.net/another-...ll-sports/

LSL article. Add Boise in all sports now. In my opinion make it either temp or permanent depending on what they want. If they want to go to the Big West in a year or 2 let them go without penalty. Come on BE get it done.
06-24-2012 02:21 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Attackcoog Offline

I Root For: Houston
RE: Article: Add Boise in all sports
(06-24-2012 02:21 PM)BullsFanInTX Wrote:  http://louisvillesportslive.net/another-...ll-sports/

LSL article. Add Boise in all sports now. In my opinion make it either temp or permanent depending on what they want. If they want to go to the Big West in a year or 2 let them go without penalty. Come on BE get it done.

Yup. I made both the same suggestions yesterday. We need to stop sitting in the corner with our thumb in our mouth and do something pro-active.
06-24-2012 02:28 PM
BullsFanInTX Offline
Hall of Famer

What is the BE doing about this right now. Are they being proactive, or reactive. Will they seize the opportunity or sit around on their hands.
06-24-2012 02:32 PM
TripleA Online
Legend

I Root For: Memphis Tigers

Memphis Hall of Fame
I'm sorry, but that is no solution. That is terrible for Boise. They would be much better served to go indy temporarily, rather than go all sports in the BE temporarily. The travel expenses for Olympic sports would kill them. They need Olympic sports based somewhere moderately close to them. A rebuilt WAC, or even the Summit League, is a better option, if the BWC falls through. People suggesting Boise for all sports just aren't thinking this through, IMO. Those other options would be up to Boise, not to the BE.
06-24-2012 02:34 PM
Dimwhit Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Boise State
(06-24-2012 02:34 PM)TripleA Wrote:  I'm sorry, but that is no solution. That is terrible for Boise. They would be much better served to go indy temporarily, rather than go all sports in the BE temporarily. The travel expenses for Olympic sports would kill them. They need Olympic sports based somewhere moderately close to them. A rebuilt WAC, or even the Summit League, is a better option, if the BWC falls through. People suggesting Boise for all sports just aren't thinking this through, IMO. Those other options would be up to Boise, not to the BE.

Yeah, I like the sentiment, but I think an all-sports invite is just not feasible.
06-24-2012 02:38 PM
TripleA Online
Legend

Memphis Hall of Fame
(06-24-2012 02:38 PM)Dimwhit Wrote:  
(06-24-2012 02:34 PM)TripleA Wrote:  I'm sorry, but that is no solution. That is terrible for Boise. They would be much better served to go indy temporarily, rather than go all sports in the BE temporarily. The travel expenses for Olympic sports would kill them. They need Olympic sports based somewhere moderately close to them. A rebuilt WAC, or even the Summit League, is a better option, if the BWC falls through. People suggesting Boise for all sports just aren't thinking this through, IMO. Those other options would be up to Boise, not to the BE.

Yeah, I like the sentiment, but I think an all-sports invite is just not feasible.
Yep. I REALLY want Boise to make it. But BE all sports hurts them. Just makes no sense.
06-24-2012 02:41 PM
Advertisement

BullsFanInTX Offline
Hall of Famer

Doesn't the be have some rule about only needing to go to the be tournament in some minor sports. Also think about the benefit to Boise to have BE basketball playing in their arena.
06-24-2012 02:41 PM
TripleA Online
Legend

Memphis Hall of Fame
(06-24-2012 02:41 PM)BullsFanInTX Wrote:  Doesn't the be have some rule about only needing to go to the be tournament in some minor sports. Also think about the benefit to Boise to have BE basketball playing in their arena.
I have no idea. I just think it's impractical to do on almost any level, in the non-revenue sports. It just makes their problem worse, not better.
(This post was last modified: 06-24-2012 02:46 PM by TripleA.)
06-24-2012 02:45 PM
Wooglin157 Offline
1st String

I Root For: UCF Knights
I don't know if all sports is the solution. There are really too many things to consider for that and it has little to do with whether or not the BE is being proactive, etc.
06-24-2012 02:48 PM
BullsFanInTX Offline
Hall of Famer

Yes I believe that Boise would only be required to attend be tourn in minor sports. Someone knowledgeable on be rules confirm this.
06-24-2012 02:49 PM
NJRedMan Offline
Tasted It

I Root For: St. Johns
(06-24-2012 02:32 PM)BullsFanInTX Wrote:  What is the BE doing about this right now. Are they being proactive, or reactive. Will they seize the opportunity or sit around on their hands.

Okay great, now give the basketball sports a bigger cut from the TV contract to offset the travel. I mean outside of FB Boise isn't that great at anything else. Sorry boise fans not trying to troll, just stating facts. Their BBall would be slaughtered. Well at least DePaul wouldn't be the last place team anymore.
06-24-2012 02:49 PM
Advertisement

Cooglius Caeser Offline
Banned

I Root For: Houston
This issue was always an issue. What contingency did the BE office have in place to address this when they offered the invite?

Was it even their responsibility?

I'm not privy to their internal wrangling nor strategy so I don't want to complain too early. I am concerned this hasn't been resolved.

I do think Boise makes it official this week at any rate.
(This post was last modified: 06-24-2012 02:52 PM by Cooglius Caeser.)
06-24-2012 02:51 PM
Dimwhit Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Boise State
(06-24-2012 02:49 PM)NJRedMan Wrote:  Okay great, now give the basketball sports a bigger cut from the TV contract to offset the travel. I mean outside of FB Boise isn't that great at anything else. Sorry boise fans not trying to troll, just stating facts. Their BBall would be slaughtered. Well at least DePaul wouldn't be the last place team anymore.

Actually, Boise is pretty good in a number of other sports. Just not BBall.
06-24-2012 02:53 PM
NJRedMan Offline
Tasted It

(06-24-2012 02:51 PM)Cooglius Caeser Wrote:  This issue was always an issue. What contingency did the BE office have in place to address this when they offered the invite?

I'm not privy to their internal wrangling nor strategy so I don't want to complain too early. I am concerned this hasn't been resolved.

It's not the Big East's responsibility. Boise was offered FB only membership and knew full well they would have to find a home for their other sports. They could have said no and been safe and sound in the MWC making much less money and even less TV exposure. It was the right choice to leave.
06-24-2012 02:56 PM
CardFan1 Offline
Red Thunderbird

I Root For: Louisville ACC
(06-24-2012 02:41 PM)BullsFanInTX Wrote:  Doesn't the be have some rule about only needing to go to the be tournament in some minor sports. Also think about the benefit to Boise to have BE basketball playing in their arena.
That would be interesting idea and would also give the non Football schools a place different to travel to. ND,Marquette,Depaul,Georgetown, St. Johns, providence, villanova and Seaton hall could Put Boise and SDSU on the Travel schedule, while the Football schools that made the Treck could go in opposite years with Basketball. even out travel expenses League wide as well as helping Boise and SDSU. 04-cheers
06-24-2012 02:59 PM
BullsFanInTX Offline
Hall of Famer

(06-24-2012 02:56 PM)NJRedMan Wrote:  
(06-24-2012 02:51 PM)Cooglius Caeser Wrote:  This issue was always an issue. What contingency did the BE office have in place to address this when they offered the invite?

It's not the Big East's responsibility. Boise was offered FB only membership and knew full well they would have to find a home for their other sports. They could have said no and been safe and sound in the MWC making much less money and even less TV exposure. It was the right choice to leave.

That's not a very proactive thought process. Sounds like the employee who always says its not my job rather than go above and beyond to get the job done. Pro activity.
06-24-2012 03:00 PM
Advertisement

NJRedMan Offline
Tasted It

(06-24-2012 02:59 PM)CardFan1 Wrote:  
That would be interesting idea and would also give the non Football schools a place different to travel to. ND,Marquette,Depaul,Georgetown, St. Johns, providence, villanova and Seaton hall could Put Boise and SDSU on the Travel schedule, while the Football schools that made the Treck could go in opposite years with Basketball. even out travel expenses League wide as well as helping Boise and SDSU. 04-cheers

Huh? Add them to the travel schedule? Whats that mean?
06-24-2012 03:01 PM
Maize Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Athletes First
(06-24-2012 02:49 PM)NJRedMan Wrote:  
(06-24-2012 02:32 PM)BullsFanInTX Wrote:  What is the BE doing about this right now. Are they being proactive, or reactive. Will they seize the opportunity or sit around on their hands.

Okay great, now give the basketball sports a bigger cut from the TV contract to offset the travel. I mean outside of FB Boise isn't that great at anything else. Sorry boise fans not trying to troll, just stating facts. Their BBall would be slaughtered. Well at least DePaul wouldn't be the last place team anymore.

Sorry...but in this day and age "Men's Basketball" is just above rowing/volleyball etc. etc.

It is about "Football" but the boys in Providence never figured this out and that is why the BIG EAST is heading for "Mid Major Status"...it is what it is and that is just sad...smdh 05-nono03-banghead05-nono

The reality is the BIG EAST needs to offset Boise State travel cost...they need to actually create a new "Western All Sports Division" wth a BYU/Fresno State/UNLV to stay viable.
(This post was last modified: 06-24-2012 03:04 PM by Maize.)
06-24-2012 03:02 PM
Bearcats#1 Offline
Ad nauseam King

I Root For: Pony94
If we had to add Boise for all sports to get the football I'm ok with that.

Really I'd like SDSU in all sports too...and BYU and AF
06-24-2012 03:05 PM
TripleA Online
Legend

Memphis Hall of Fame
Despite all the finger pointing at the BE, I don't see what the BE can do, beyond funneling some money to the BWC to take Boise. Apparently, the BWC plans to rebuff that effort. Beyond that, I feel it's up to Boise to solve the problem. I just don't see what else the BE can do for them that makes any sense.

I still think Boise needs to pursue the WAC or Summit. If they don't, and just give up, well, then they apparently didn't want it badly enough. Guess we'll know in a week.
(This post was last modified: 06-24-2012 03:08 PM by TripleA.)
06-24-2012 03:07 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.