Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Durant! *sigh*
Bookmark and Share
Mimi Offline
Who farted??

I Root For: reasonableness
Durant! *sigh*
I noticed this last night after the game and during the final minutes of the game.

What a great kid.

And sometimes we are reminded that many of these huge wealthy players are still very young and vulnerable...

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/...-SsPRfWY3I

[Image: 0.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 06-22-2012 12:36 PM by Mimi.)
06-22-2012 12:33 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

UMTiger02 Offline
All American

I Root For: Tigers & Uggla
RE: Durant! *sigh*
I worked in Media Relations for the Grizzlies from 2006-2010. Kevin Durant was by far the nicest and most humble player that I've ever met . This includes both Grizzlies, and Other Visiting Teams.
06-22-2012 12:39 PM
Tiger2Ways Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Memphis
He's a jerk in real life...
06-22-2012 01:29 PM
k2tigers Offline
Hall of Famer

Donators
(06-22-2012 12:39 PM)UMTiger02 Wrote:  I worked in Media Relations for the Grizzlies from 2006-2010. Kevin Durant was by far the nicest and most humble player that I've ever met . This includes both Grizzlies, and Other Visiting Teams.

Who were among the nastiest or least personable? 05-stirthepot
06-22-2012 01:33 PM
CUSA_NEWS Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Memphis Ligers
Too bad he didnt put much effort into playing defense. Usually the best player on one team wants and relishes the challenge of defending the best player on the next team given they play similar positions.

Durant wanted NO PARTS of Lebron. The few times he did try and check him, Lebron dribbled past KD as though he was a mattador. I could only imagine the comments this mssge board wouldve produced had that been Rudy shying away from Lebron like that.

KD shouldve said thanks for trying Harden, but I'll put this guy in check (especially in the 4th Q).
06-22-2012 01:42 PM
kabluey Offline
Heisman

The most revealing thing about Durant was revealed in an interview with Orlando's Pat Williams. He mentioned that Durant welcomes draft picks, either by going to the draft in person or going to rookie league and working out with them (I can't remember which -- maybe both). When Williams had a medical emergency, he received words of concern from KD.

This was with Cowherd. I heard it in the car. My memory is not perfect.
06-22-2012 01:48 PM
Advertisement

Rob
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
Durant played fine. The thunder role players were terrible.
06-22-2012 02:08 PM
Quote this message in a reply
Mimi Offline
Who farted??

The idea here was noting that even wealthy athletes are vulnerable...as evidenced by his hug with his mom.

Was not meant as an invitation to turn insecure hate that was aimed at LeBron to Durant. But- if that is what makes you feel better- certainly your prerogative.

It was a very human moment.

But...thanks.
06-22-2012 02:35 PM
Tiger46 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Tigers
(06-22-2012 02:08 PM)Rob Wrote:  Durant played fine. The thunder role players were terrible.

He is only going to get better. Look how long it took Dirk to get to the level that he is now. Durant is there now. He is scary good.
(This post was last modified: 06-22-2012 03:15 PM by Tiger46.)
06-22-2012 03:15 PM
Rob
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
(06-22-2012 03:15 PM)Tiger46 Wrote:  
(06-22-2012 02:08 PM)Rob Wrote:  Durant played fine. The thunder role players were terrible.

He is only going to get better. Look how long it took Dirk to get to the level that he is now. Durant is there now. He is scary good.

Definitely. He's only 23
06-22-2012 03:22 PM
Quote this message in a reply
kabluey Offline
Heisman

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=8051352

Colin Cowherd's interview with Pat Williams, at 6:25. Goes to the draft to welcome picks, goes to rookie league to work with rookies, tweeted Pat Williams when he received cancer diagnosis.

Good kid.
06-22-2012 03:44 PM
Advertisement

tmoneyinmphs Offline
Mt.org's DJ wannabe

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
I didn't watch the whole celebration part afterwards. Did the cameras ever show lebron james hugging his mom and sharing a moment with her?

Or was she busy with delonte west? (aight, couldn't help it...the first question is serious, was lebron's mom there?).

FWIW, i think durant is a great superstar, a winner, a good teammate, and a good guy. He'll be back. I like seeing players sharing moments with their parents, spouses, children, etc.
06-22-2012 05:41 PM
uofmcamaro Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Consistency

This

14 days ago if someone had said "the stars will play like stars and the role players will be what wins the series" everyone would have said "Thunder win easy".
06-23-2012 12:59 PM
UMTiger02 Offline
All American

(06-22-2012 01:29 PM)Tiger2Ways Wrote:  He's a jerk in real life...

That's absolute crap. Other than working for the Grizzlies for a few years in college, I have over 10,000 NBA and MLB autographs. I've met many people from Micheal Jordan to Hank Aaron. Kevin Durant would easily be in the Top 5 of nicest guys in sports, that includes off the court. I've seen him routinely take pictures and come over to fans who aren't even yelling at him to come over. Meanwhile his own teammates Westbrook and Harden, are two of the biggest aholes out there.
06-23-2012 02:19 PM
Dynamos Offline
Heisman

I Root For: 3 Day Weekends
Durant is probably my favorite player right now. He is so nice and humble and easy to root for. I think its because he kinda blossomed late and he wasnt a pampered AAU Star like most of these guys. But imagine how good he is gonna be at like 28. Hopefully he stays healthy and we can enjoy watching his career
(This post was last modified: 06-23-2012 02:37 PM by Dynamos.)
06-23-2012 02:30 PM
UMTiger02 Offline
All American

(06-22-2012 01:33 PM)k2tigers Wrote:  
(06-22-2012 12:39 PM)UMTiger02 Wrote:  I worked in Media Relations for the Grizzlies from 2006-2010. Kevin Durant was by far the nicest and most humble player that I've ever met . This includes both Grizzlies, and Other Visiting Teams.

Who were among the nastiest or least personable? 05-stirthepot

As far as when I worked there, the Top 10 biggest a holes (i base this on how they treat media/fans, personal interaction)

The Memphis guys both Grizzlies and Ex Tigers (DRose, Tyreke, CDR, Dorsey, Carney etc) are always generally cool. Of all the Grizz, JWill and believe it or not Shane Battier is kind of a di**. I never knew what to expect but a lot of guys seem a lot nicer on interviews than they really are.....ala Lebron James.

For autographing purposes, Derrick Rose has gotten a lot tougher in recent years, mainly because there's always 500 people trying to get him, he's also to me a tad shy. Most of your teams in the south, Atlanta, Dallas, Houston, Orlando, Charlotte are pretty cool. The more difficult teams include the Lakers, Boston, Miami and San Antonio.

Toughest to sign/Biggest Aholes
1. Lebron
2. Kevin Garnett
3. Rasheed Wallace - once told me, "I don't sign for your type". I'm white.
4. Kobe
5. Ray Allen
6. Russell Westbrook
7. James Harden
8. Dwayne Wade
9. Andrew Bynum
10. Kris Humpheries

Nicest
1A - Kevin Durant
1B - Dwight Howard
2 - Amare Stoudamire
3- Dirk Nowitzki
4. Kevin Love
5. Pau Gasol
6. Steve Nash
7. Carmelo Anthony
8. Jason Kidd
9. Deron Williams
10. Joakim Noah
06-23-2012 02:58 PM
Advertisement

k2tigers Offline
Hall of Famer

Donators
thanks - very interesting
06-23-2012 04:03 PM
uofmcamaro Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Consistency
I agree with Lebron on that list. I openly admit I don't like him and didn't cheer for him to win it all this or last season. Reason is that I have a friend who works for the Grizz. Back when LBJ was with the Cavs my buddy had a run in with him. My friend was setting out the chairs and stuff on the sideline. A ball came over his way and Lebron was running for it and ran in to my buddy. Lebron dog cussed my buddy and then went about his shooting. My friend was just doing his job....haven't liked Lebron since.
06-23-2012 04:15 PM
Mimi Offline
Who farted??

Doubtful.
06-24-2012 01:26 PM
kabluey Offline
Heisman

Friends of mine would run into Battier at the Seesel's on Union regularly. Said he was friendly and always paused to chat, not just to them but to others (one of them isn't the kind to talk to anyone when grocery shopping).
06-24-2012 05:09 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

photo cincinnati.png  photo connecticut.png  photo east_carolina.png  photo houston.png  photo memphis.png  photo navy.png  photo smu.png  photo temple.png  photo tulane.png  photo central_florida.png  photo south_florida.png
 photo louisville.png  photo rutgers.png

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.